Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Old September 10th, 2008, 11:30 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Too Young for Star Wars?

Funny related story... I researched the Universal Life Church a few years back. It's basically a way for people to obtain a religious license and perform marriage rites or other such duties without being tied to an existing physical Church. You pay some fees, and they send you some documentations, and you become a licensed minister for ULC. In addition, there are a ton of "extras" that you can buy, robes, books, videos, certificates, classes, other quasi-denominational paraphernalia, as well as titles. Yes, you can purchase a title to be recognized by the ULC, calling yourself a everything from a monk to a cardinal, for a price. But, oddly enough, they will not allow you to title yourself Jedi, or Sith Lord.

What kind of a world to we live in where the sanctity of a fictional psedo-religious moniker is better protected than that of established religions that have existed for centuries?

Hm, that turned out less funny than I'd hoped.

Old September 10th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

Where do I sign up!!!?!?!?! I want to be...

The Reverend SuperflyTNT, Master Of All I Survey....

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old September 10th, 2008, 11:58 AM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Funny related story... I researched the Universal Life Church a few years back. It's basically a way for people to obtain a religious license and perform marriage rites or other such duties without being tied to an existing physical Church. You pay some fees, and they send you some documentations, and you become a licensed minister for ULC. In addition, there are a ton of "extras" that you can buy, robes, books, videos, certificates, classes, other quasi-denominational paraphernalia, as well as titles. Yes, you can purchase a title to be recognized by the ULC, calling yourself a everything from a monk to a cardinal, for a price. But, oddly enough, they will not allow you to title yourself Jedi, or Sith Lord.

What kind of a world to we live in where the sanctity of a fictional psedo-religious moniker is better protected than that of established religions that have existed for centuries?

My friend's dad did this only because he does wedding video/photography/planning and figured he could throw himself in for free as the minister.

DWARVES!
Old September 10th, 2008, 12:18 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
Quote:

My friend's dad did this only because he does wedding video/photography/planning and figured he could throw himself in for free as the minister.
How does he take pictures of himself while he performs the ceremony?

Old September 10th, 2008, 12:49 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

He hires starving teens to do the filming while he does the whole minister thing.

DWARVES!
Old September 10th, 2008, 06:13 PM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation

Quote:
Ten dollars? I'm so going to Best Buy on my lunch break...
Well, I bought it like a year ago. I don't know if they still have it in stock. If not, you can probably get it shipped to you from Amazon for about $15.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies