Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old May 12th, 2023, 10:54 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Metamorpho

Metamorpho (Rex Mason)

Card PDF

Quote:
NAME = METAMORPHO
IDENTITY = REX MASON

UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
SPECIES = METAHUMAN
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = TROUBLED

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 300

RAPID SHAPESHIFTING 3

During setup, place 3 Shapeshift Markers on this card. Before activating Metamorpho, you may remove or replace any number of his Shapeshift Markers. Metamorpho has +1 Attack and -1 Move and Range for each Shapeshift Marker on this card.

ELEMENTAL FORMS
Before Metamorpho's attack phase, choose a damage type. Any wounds he inflicts this turn are the chosen type. While this card has exactly:
• 0 Shapeshift Markers, Metamorpho is never in clear sight of non-adjacent enemies and gains Flying and Stealth.
• 1 Shapeshift Marker, Metamorpho may attack twice per normal attack action.
• 2 Shapeshift Markers, when defending against an adjacent normal attack, each excess block inflicts 1 wound on the attacker.
• 3 Shapeshift Markers, if an enemy would move Metamorpho, you may stop that movement.

FACTION = OUTSIDERS
PUBLISHER = DC
KEYWORDS = Inorganic
SYMBOLS = COLD RESISTANCE, ELECTRIC RESISTANCE, HEAT RESISTANCE, TOXIC RESISTANCE, SUPER STRENGTH

REINFORCEMENTS ARRIVE: Able to transmute his body into any form, solid, liquid, or gas, Metamorpho is truly an elemental master!

Resources and Rulings
  • The suggested figure for this unit is a Heroclix figure: DC Collateral Damage #058-060 / Metamorpho and #208 / Rex Mason
  • See this card's wiki page for synergies and strategies!
Credits
  • Legacy design: IAmBatman
  • Playtesters:
  • Card art: japes
  • Comic creators: Bob Haney and Ramona Fradon
Updates
  • N/A

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Last edited by Karat; November 21st, 2023 at 01:42 PM.
Old May 12th, 2023, 10:57 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Metamorpho - Design

This is the end of my Outsiders faction run in 2.0! At least for the foreseeable future.

Let's talk changes:

1. Outsiders faction, obviously. I went with Creature for class. Not one that fits cleanly with the Justice League, sadly, but I couldn't think of a more thematically appropriate fit that would.
2. I shifted his Personality to Troubled, because it hit the same thematic note as what he had in 1.0 and he was actually a member of the Doom Patrol for a couple years
3. The fact that he can turn his body into any element out there basically means he should have a ton of resistances and be able to do a ton of different damage types. To be reasonable, I kept with cold, electric, heat, and toxic resistances only and left off sonic and light as those feel a little less about what element your body is.
4. The text abilities are largely the same with two notable differences: First, Elemental Forms now allows him to choose a damage type to inflict whenever he does damage to represent his shapeshifting. This will be fairly niche and match up dependent, but could be fun.
5. Second, I removed the "no attacking the same figure" restriction on his double attack option. In practice, I've found that I almost always start with his having zero markers and then when enemies get close I move to full markers as soon as possible, so I wanted to give a bit more usefulness to a middle option.
6. I also went with the inorganic keyword because he can be if he wants to be.
7. Nudged him up 10 points to 300 for easier team building with the Outsiders.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2023, 10:57 PM

Will be interested to hear if y'all feel the changes here push him into sanity testing territory (totally cool with it if so).

Old May 12th, 2023, 11:08 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

His personality currently isn’t Troubled.

So he was part of a weird “faker” Doom Patrol iirc, but he has hung out with the real Patrol before…and he is a Troubled character. So I’m pro-Troubled here.
Old May 12th, 2023, 11:09 PM

Me too! Which is why it currently *is* Troubled (um, now)

Old May 12th, 2023, 11:16 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Some wording stuff. Switched the "during setup" to the first part of the sentence since that seems to be what we've done elsewhere, and changed some capitalization. I changed the 2 Shapeshift Markers section to mirror Huntress's Ruthless Counter Strike wording.

For the 1 Shapeshift Marker, should it be "per normal attack action"? Or are you cool with him getting two specials with potential weapon items or some other combo.

Quote:
RAPID SHAPESHIFTING 3
During setup, place 3 Shapeshift Markers on this card. Before activating Metamorpho, you may place or remove any number of Shapeshift Markers on this card, to a max of 3. Metamorpho has +1 Attack and Defense and -1 Move and Range for each Shapeshift Marker on this card.

ELEMENTAL FORMS
Before Metamorpho's attack phase, choose a damage type. For the remainder of your turn, any wounds he inflicts are in the chosen damage type. While this card has exactly:
  • 0 Shapeshift Markers, Metamorpho is never in clear sight of non-adjacent enemies and gains the Disengage and Flying abilities.
  • 1 Shapeshift Marker, Metamorpho may attack twice per attack action.
  • 2 Shapeshift Markers, when defending adjacent normal attacks, the attacker takes 1 wound for each excess block Metamorpho has.
  • 3 Shapeshift Markers, if an enemy would begin moving Metamorpho, you may stop that movement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
2. I shifted his Personality to Troubled
Missed this in the OP. (I was going to post the Anakin gif of when he said "I see through the lies of the Jedi", but I couldn't find a good one. )

Regarding the sanity testing, no strong opinion for me. He's certainly a lot more useful when damage types come up, but that's still a niche thing overall in our library. He doesn't look too crazy for 300 points so I'm not really concerned.
Old May 12th, 2023, 11:23 PM

Oh man, weird. I spent some time editing language but looks like I copied and pasted the original text instead of what I edited. That's why the personality update was missing. Grr.

Old May 12th, 2023, 11:29 PM

OK, wording is where I wanted it now. Huntress precedent would work for the counter strike aspect. I had just lifted from Michelangelo (which I *think* is slightly shorter).

Old May 13th, 2023, 01:13 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool, Creature would be a good grab if we ever get a JLD Wondy.
Old May 13th, 2023, 01:22 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

looks like the 3 marker option is different from 1.0 as well.

Nevermind...I just can't read.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 14th, 2023, 08:24 PM

Sounds like we're not feeling the need for full testing here. I think I want to do a sanity test at least for my own peace of mind. I propose we move to sanity testing

Old May 14th, 2023, 08:43 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Metamorpho - VOTE 4 Sanity Testing

yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database