Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 25th, 2016, 09:43 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: TV: What Are You Watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I actually hope the Pens win. They are my Eastern Conference team I have liked for awhile. I have family roots from there on my father's side.

Blackhawks are tops for me since I'm an hour away from Chicago and grew up in Chicago Heights. Though I have also liked Dallas since 1999.
I unfriend you...

J/K...

I don't like the Pen's even if they weren't playing against the Bolts...I still believe the theory of the rigged lottery when they got Crosby...I mean come on...A team is about to declare bankruptcy and then gets #1, #2, #1, #2 overall pick in a four year stretch...Almost as bad as Edmonton lately...

The dislike actually started back in the 90's when I first started watching NHL...I rooted for the closest team (the Capitals) and loved the Red Wings as well due to Sega Hockey game. The Pen's kept knocking out the Caps in the playoffs in what seemed like every single year...then they finally one the cup ... against the Red Wings.

Moved to Tampa 2000 and went to my first NHL game two weeks later when a girl I met gave me tickets for my birthday...been a fan of the Bolts since and I married that girl 14 years ago today.

I actually had a half season ticket package the year they won the Cup and was at the last 10 home games that season. Couldn't afford playoff tickets.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.

Last edited by japes; May 25th, 2016 at 10:23 AM.
Old May 25th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I actually hope the Pens win. They are my Eastern Conference team I have liked for awhile. I have family roots from there on my father's side.

Blackhawks are tops for me since I'm an hour away from Chicago and grew up in Chicago Heights. Though I have also liked Dallas since 1999.
I unfriend you...

J/K...

I don't like the Pen's even if they weren't playing against the Bolts...I still believe the theory of the rigged lottery when they got Crosby...I mean come on...A team is about to declare bankruptcy and then gets #1, #2, #1, #2 overall pick in a four year stretch...Almost as bad as Edmonton lately...

The dislike actually started back in the 90's when I first started watching NHL...I rooted for the closest team (the Capitals) and loved the Red Wings as well due to Sega Hockey game. The Pen's kept knocking out the Caps in the playoffs in what seemed like every single year...then they finally one the cup ... against the Red Wings.

Moved to Tampa 2000 and went to my first NHL game two weeks later when a girl I met gave me tickets for my birthday...been a fan of the Bolts since and I married that girl 14 years ago today.

I actually had a half season ticket package the year they won the Cup and was at the last 10 home games that season. Couldn't afford playoff tickets.
Understandable with regards to the Pens getting this draft picks. Though Edmonton always seems to get high picks and can't do anything with it. The Hawks were able to get Toews and Kane, but at the expense of some pretty rough years previous to that. They had like 2 very high first round picks a few years prior to Toews and Kane, a couple Russians named Yabakov, and whatever, but those guys didn't make it to the NHL. So having high picks doesn't always mean much. Also, as with your Wings in their heyday, the Hawks haven't had high picks in a while now due to their suc since 2010, but have managed to win 2 other Cups despite worse draft picks, as well as having to revamp half the team every year because of the salary cap issues. So at the end of the day, certainly high picks can give you an opportunity for better players, but it's not always the case. Coaching and a really good front office is key to me for success.

I don't dislike the Bolts, and won't be terribly disappointed if they beat the Pens. The Bolts are a fun team. But I am glad the Caps lost. They and the Stars are my wife's favorite teams, and while I like the Stars as well, I can't stand the Caps.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 25th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Happy Anniversary!

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 25th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
Quote:
Happy Anniversary!
Oops! In all the hockey talk, I missed the anniversary part. Happy anniversary Japes! My wife an I just celebrated our 17th anniversary on Sunday, the 22nd.

Old May 25th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Happy anniversary, guys!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 25th, 2016, 12:23 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Watching the Western Conference NBA Finals!
The Thunder have been totally dominating the Warriors these last two games. I think they'll win this series (up 3-1) and I expect they will beat the Eastern Conference finalists. Pretty exciting time to be an OKC fan!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 25th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Everyone knows the way to a man's heart is hockey tickets.

Happy Anniversary japes.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 25th, 2016, 02:49 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Watching the Western Conference NBA Finals!
The Thunder have been totally dominating the Warriors these last two games. I think they'll win this series (up 3-1) and I expect they will beat the Eastern Conference finalists. Pretty exciting time to be an OKC fan!
Wouldn't mind seeing Lightning and Thunder during the two finals...

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old May 25th, 2016, 02:51 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Happy Anniversary!
Oops! In all the hockey talk, I missed the anniversary part. Happy anniversary Japes! My wife an I just celebrated our 17th anniversary on Sunday, the 22nd.
Nice, congrats to you as well. Also I got over the Capitals years ago. Wasn't a deep connection anyways. I haven't lived in Virginia since 98

Despite playing professional baseball, hockey is my favorite sport.

Old May 25th, 2016, 02:57 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Here's my current ranking of the DC Universe on The WB:

1. DC Legends of Tomorrow (A) Many varied characters, good writing, not too repetitive (yet).

2. The Flash (A-) Starting to get a bit repetitive, but great work. Like the lead, love Tom Cavenaugh, and John Wesley Shipp.

3. Super Girl (B) Not crazy about the actress or the Kat character, but has some good stuff. Love J'onn J'onz, Jimmy, and other things.

4. Arrow (C-) Haven't watched it since the first season. Too goth, grim, and violent for me.

Have enjoyed the cross overs so far; looking forward to more!
Old May 25th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Happy Anniversary!
Nice, congrats to you as well. Also I got over the Capitals years ago. Wasn't a deep connection anyways. I haven't lived in Virginia since 98

Despite playing professional baseball, hockey is my favorite sport.
Who do you play for?

I liked baseball until I went into the Marines after high school. Then I just didn't have the time or patience to watch it anymore. So then I just had time for hockey and football. I did follow the Bulls of course in the 90's and had some NBA video games, but I can't stand the NBA anymore. Just not the same as with Jordan, Pippin, Malone, Stockton, Bird, Barkley, McHale, Magic, Kareem, Worthy etc.

Old May 25th, 2016, 04:12 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Happy Anniversaries, @Hahma and @japes (separately, lol) Go PENS!!!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV