Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 7th, 2019, 11:59 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Earth X set.
Its model number and name are #049 / Lady Octopus.

NAME = DOCTOR OCTOPUS
SECRET IDENTITY = CAROLYN TRAINER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

TECHNOLOGY HOARDER 3
Whenever a figure adjacent to Doctor Octopus loses an Equipment Glyph, you may immediately place that glyph on this card. Doctor Octopus may equip a glyph even if there are other Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 3. If Doctor Octopus would lose an Equipment Glyph, you may choose which Equipment Glyph she loses.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Doctor Octopus, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Doctor Octopus' height of 5 when climbing. Doctor Octopus never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

FORCE FIELD X
If Doctor Octopus is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, Doctor Octopus is not affected by that attack.

SUPER STRENGTH

Bio - After the death of her inspiration and mentor, Otto Octavius, Carolyn Trainer took up his mantle. She battled both Spider-Man and the Scarlet Spider, established a criminal empire, and attempted to bring Otto back using virtual reality technology. This failed, but Otto was ultimately resurrected by the Hand. Since her mentor's return, Carolyn has continued to operate as a super-powered criminal, but has maintained a lower profile. Carolyn never reached the heights that Otto did as Doctor Octopus, but she brought a number of innovations to the role, including the use of a personal force field that made her very difficult to injure.
Obscure Spidey villain #9145365. Obviously sharing a lot of DNA with Otto here - tried to cover the cliff notes in the bio.

Last edited by Ronin; June 4th, 2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old April 8th, 2019, 12:02 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They make a big deal about the personal force field in the bio. I take it you folded that into the 8 defense?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 8th, 2019, 12:08 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
They make a big deal about the personal force field in the bio. I take it you folded that into the 8 defense?
"They" is me, and I specifically mentioned it to back up the 8 defense, yeah.

I could live with her defense at 7. Just really think she ought to be able to tank a little more than Otto at 6, thematically. It was a big deal in her fights that Spidey (or Ben) would try some trick for getting inside her guard that always worked on Otto, and then they'd get no-sold by the force field.

I thought about lower defense and Force Field X at one point. It's a good thematic fit, but I wasn't sure I wanted to devote the card space to it.
Old April 8th, 2019, 08:11 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Just dissecting where theme meets mechanics a bit. With that part really emphasized I was a bit surprised not to see a Force Field power, but I figured that's what was going into the 8 defense. If you're wanting to roll it into the stats, I think 8 defense is a good call. Not sure 7 defense would fully sell that.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 10th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
If you're wanting to roll it into the stats, I think 8 defense is a good call. Not sure 7 defense would fully sell that.
Yeah, that was my instinct as well. The more I mull it over, the more I could see dropping one of the "Doc Ock's Tentacles" powers and swapping in a Force Field power, though.

I think one aspect of the character that's not really being served by the current write-up (or bio, probably ) is that she was running a pretty big organization doing tech heists and butting heads with the local crime lords. I think I tried Scientist at first to see how that felt, and to represent her tech-y side, but I think Technology Hoarder is already in that space. The Sinister personality doesn't feel key to me either, so maybe (doing the hypothetical version where I change everything I'm thinking about changing)...

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Earth X set.
Its model number and name are #049 / Lady Octopus.

NAME = DOCTOR OCTOPUS
SECRET IDENTITY = CAROLYN TRAINER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MASTERMIND
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 2
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 5

POINTS = ???

TECHNOLOGY HOARDER 3
Whenever a figure adjacent to Doctor Octopus loses an Equipment Glyph, you may immediately place that glyph on this card. Doctor Octopus may equip a glyph even if there are other Equipment Glyphs on this card, up to a maximum of 3. If Doctor Octopus would lose an Equipment Glyph, you may choose which Equipment Glyph she loses.

EXPERT CLIMBING
When moving up levels of height to move onto a space with Doctor Octopus, do not count spaces for the first two levels and only count one space for each two levels after the first two. You may ignore Doctor Octopus' height of 5 when climbing. Doctor Octopus never takes falling damage or major falling damage.

FORCE FIELD X
If Doctor Octopus is attacked and at least one skull is rolled, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. If you do, Doctor Octopus is not affected by that attack.

SUPER STRENGTH
Playing with the stats a little there to make up for the lack of the tentacle power and the addition of the force field power. Would love to hear any thoughts from @Spidey'tilIDie on the last version vs this version, since he's the only other person I know to have read Clone Saga era Spider-Man.
Old April 10th, 2019, 03:10 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I like the use of Force Field X here if she has Force Fields. With all the suits Tony has a card for, I'd like to have one that had the Force Field X power on it's card.
Old April 10th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Symbiotic

I have a Heavy Duty Iron Man that uses Force Field X. I think I had a Silver Centurion Iron Man write-up with a variant of that... somewhere or other. Might be in the old Danger Room thread.
Old April 10th, 2019, 06:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I could see myself LDing a little Avengers booster of Iron Man armor with the Force Field X power, even headed Hulk with a Thunder Clap, & my Hawkeye design. Just don't know the different Armor suit names well enough to know which one had force fields that we have not already made a card for. Also not sure when I'd get to it, but I could start chipping away at it once I knock out a few more Transformers.
Old April 10th, 2019, 07:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Our Iron Man design "marks" are way off anyways - MKI and MKII are just different versions of the same model, and MKIII through MKV are just arbitrarily named. The 616 armors go by Model, not MK, anyways. Like, our "Iron Man MKII" is actually "Iron Man, Model 1, MKIII" in the comics.

So just design whatever and we can grab a mini to use.
Old April 10th, 2019, 07:44 PM

We have Stealth Suit and Avengers Iron Man both, so you could just use a different differentiation for the thread title and it wouldn't be inconsistent.

Old April 10th, 2019, 07:47 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I could see myself LDing a little Avengers booster of Iron Man armor with the Force Field X power, even headed Hulk with a Thunder Clap, & my Hawkeye design. Just don't know the different Armor suit names well enough to know which one had force fields that we have not already made a card for. Also not sure when I'd get to it, but I could start chipping away at it once I knock out a few more Transformers.
I'm always down to mix some Avengers stuff into my rotation. I could kick a design into something like that later this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Our Iron Man design "marks" are way off anyways - MKI and MKII are just different versions of the same model, and MKIII through MKV are just arbitrarily named. The 616 armors go by Model, not MK, anyways. Like, our "Iron Man MKII" is actually "Iron Man, Model 1, MKIII" in the comics.

So just design whatever and we can grab a mini to use.
Yeah, the C3G progression is kind of a homebrew thing. I think it nails the basic arc, though. Box of scraps, golden avenger, classic muscle armor, modern armor.
Old April 10th, 2019, 09:02 PM
C3G Landlord

You can run one of your Iron Man Force Field X concepts then Ronin, I just didn't want to put more on your plate by asking you to run it as it seems like you have a lot of things brewing already. It'll take me a while just to knock out Hawkeye & a Hulk card. Was actually thinking about revamping the Hulk card to give him an Avengers Marker power after seeing someone mention they wanted one. So Thunder Clap, Avengers marker power of some sort, & Super Leap could be a nice 3 power card for him.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy