Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old July 7th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Re: Heat Wave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
It's actually a good excuse to hide in the basement where it's cooler and it just so happens the game room is down there as well.

That's another difference between north and south. In general you don't find a lot of basements down south. Down here we finish in attic space!

As a born and bred southerner, I am man enough to admit that I can not drive in the snowy conditions. The last time it snowed here I wrecked my pickup truck. That is why I let my wife drive when it gets snowy. She's a yank!

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:38 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

One thing I loved when I moved to GA from IL was getting out of school for snow flurries for just the reason Bannister mentioned. In IL snow days weren't even a thought until we got 12 inches or more.

Now here in MD, well, give us a couple feet and we might start to consider the possibility of thinking about maybe having a snow day.
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

We once spent a Christmas in Scranton with my wife's family and I saw more snow in that one week than I have seen in my whole life living in MS!

As far as the heat goes, just keep plenty of ice water on hand and take plenty of breaks in the shade. That decks not going to build itself!

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old July 7th, 2010, 02:58 PM

Jdet is surprisingly tart

Here in Glasgow, the warmest it usually gets all summer is 70. Recently it's been about 64-66. As an American from south-central IN, I have to say that I LOVE summers here in Scotland!

Jdet is a MacDirk Warrior...
in the Garden of Horror...
Old July 7th, 2010, 03:25 PM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
Here in Glasgow, the warmest it usually gets all summer is 70. Recently it's been about 64-66. As an American from south-central IN, I have to say that I LOVE summers here in Scotland!
Scotland has always been top on my list of places to go- now even more!
Old July 7th, 2010, 04:28 PM

Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker Bobofdeath's Dad knows what's in an order marker

I hope nobody's Heroscape melts in the heat. THAT would be a REAL tragedy.

My greatest Heroscape mistake: Thinking that Heroscape was a $40 $400 game!
Old July 8th, 2010, 12:58 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Riggler: You asked to be told what you're missing. What you're missing is that you're watching TELEVISION, not reality, where they ignore intelligent answers, and put the dumbest and loudest person they can find on camera, in the same way they pick game show contestants, assuming other people will relate.

The problem with the climate in the last 20 years is that Fall and Spring, my favorite seasons up here in NYC, seem to get shorter and shorter, so its either very cold or very hot. More recently, its often changed 20 degrees within 24 hours, which is also difficult to deal with.

Luckily, global warming is just a myth...
Old July 8th, 2010, 01:36 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

The only thing I really know about the heat wave is what I've heard from Jon Stewart. Apparently it sucks.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old July 8th, 2010, 03:01 PM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Jdet
Has it stopped raining enough in Scotland to have a summer yet?

Being Scottish and living in Canada I can assure you that these folks don't actually know what the true meaning of a rain is.

However back to the subject at hand. It's hot up here in the nomal frozen wastelands of the barren tundra that surrounds Toronto even our sled dogs are having issues.

There are a bunch of folks without air conditioning and the only thing to do is stay out of the sun or get in water somewhere.

Personally I love the heat. Give me Vegas in July everytime.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

It finally got down into the 90's.

Old July 8th, 2010, 06:49 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Relief if on the way!
Old July 8th, 2010, 06:57 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdet View Post
We've had 3 or 4 weeks of constant good hot weather here in England. Highly unusual for us. Where did the rain go?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General