Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:29 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Ohio Scapers - People, Events & Stores

Ha! I never even knew this thread existed, yet both of my tournaments are listed on it.

I'll try to check in on this thread now that I know about it, and I might contact the Cincy area people listed when I get around to putting together another one.

Good idea for a thread-- thanks!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM

Hbrass23 Woo who?

I have 2 people from Mount Vernon, Ohio, about 45 minutes NE from Columbus. Anyone play like weekly games or anything near there?
Old May 3rd, 2011, 08:17 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Hbrass23, the Columbus scapers play almost weekly (or at least they used to) - probably be a bit of a drive but might be worth it. PM weesel99, ManTrainChooChoo, and MattserTruckRally among other scapers listed in the columbus area, and thay can let you know when and where. I saw that you were planning on coming to KC's birthday bash (whose date has a 50% chance of moving later) but hopefully I can see you there and then make sure you plan on coming to Origins as well.

P.S. I just realized I said almost the same thing in response to your first post.
Old May 31st, 2011, 11:35 AM

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
If I hosted the game in either Newbury (middle geauga county) or Case Western, would more people come? I probably wouldn't do till after Origins, but maybe before gencon so people can get practice/alternative games in. If resheduled, should we do the auction draft as this was planned or maybe the same points/rules/maps as gencon champoinship.
Could anyone do a game day on Saturday, July 16 or July 23 (3 or 2 weeks before Gencon)? It would most likely be in Newbury at either Diversions Game Store or my parents house right down the street. I am leaning towards my parents house because it is bigger and I could probably get at least 16 people/8 maps, my friends (casual players, not on this board) would be more likely to come, and it would be less stress on organizing. I would prefer to do a Gencon Championship rules and maps, but maybe with the exception that CUC cards are optional.

If anyone else wants to plan, I am fine with that, but this would be better than nothing.

Last edited by lefton4ya; June 6th, 2011 at 12:03 AM.
Old May 31st, 2011, 06:34 PM

Hunpo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Wow, there's a gaming store in that area? I'll have to see it sometime. If you host at the store, I might be able to make this.

Newbury's closer to me than Warren, so if your group wants to do a gaming day there every month or so (Scape/SW), I'd be up for that. Regardless you and I gotta get a SW rematch.

Heroscape, or as the Chinese say, 'Hero-Scape', sport of emperors and bandits alike.
Old June 6th, 2011, 12:43 AM

7/23 - NE Ohio Gencon Practice/Alt. Tourney: Reverse the Whip! - Saturday, July 23 in Newbury (Geauga County)
Let me know if you can come and which of the Gencon maps you most want to play on.

Last edited by lefton4ya; July 11th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.
Old July 9th, 2011, 12:59 AM

hammer-head monkey Woo who?

This is my first post. I don't know if this is the right way to do this, but I'm located in west Columbus. I'm looking for people to play Heroscape with in my area. I am however limited by the fact that mommy doesn't want me hanging out with "creepy old people". So don't respond if you're an ancient 20-something year old .

The Evil Chicken claims that his motivation for becoming evil was to avenge all the chickens killed by humans, despite killing and eating them himself.
Old July 11th, 2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer-head monkey View Post
This is my first post. I don't know if this is the right way to do this, but I'm located in west Columbus. I'm looking for people to play Heroscape with in my area. I am however limited by the fact that mommy doesn't want me hanging out with "creepy old people". So don't respond if you're an ancient 20-something year old .
Welcome to Heroscapers and the Ohio scape scene hammer-head monkey. The Columbus scapers are some of the best and most fun players in the country and they play almost weekly (or at least they used to) - probably be a bit of a drive but might be worth it. PM weesel99, ManTrainChooChoo, and MattserTruckRally among other scapers listed in the columbus area, and thay can let you know when and where. They are in their early-to-mid (but no ancient) 20s but they are not creepy. I think they play at the Columbus Area Boardgaming Society or various games stores and other public places if you can get your folks to drive you and are worried about playing at people's homes.
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:01 PM

bighamrules has disabled reputation

Will u add me to the femornt and sand are im from clyde and moving back to ohio and want to get back on to playing

i'm bigham and im back in the game
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM

Re: NorthEast Ohio Scapers (Cleveland, Akron/Canton, Warren,

10/15/11 - NHSD Columbus Ohio

Please RSVP - last year we had 50-60 people and it was awesome. This year I think they are leaning towards a rolling rumble format so you are playing at all times, and and possibly having different event formats (normal, customs) so you can choose to play the way you like.
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:10 PM

Whats the point set at

Old August 31st, 2011, 01:42 PM

come ohio people where are you, i know 2 years ago i had tons of pms saying where games are playing and truth and I held a big event which was so much run. is there any one from north west that have a group or something

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers