Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Old August 14th, 2021, 10:58 AM

Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby! Dragon Ruler rolls all skulls baby!
ScapeCon 2021 Wrap Up

Wow! What a blast. To paraphrase the late, great Solomon Burke -- "You should've been there! If you weren't there, you missed it!"
Thank you to all who participated and who trusted us (me and OEAO) to somehow get this right. We had a few kinks with timing of the tournaments that we will easily work out for next year.
I wanted to thank Retlaw for bringing the terrain and picking up gift certificates for the hotel sales director; Dysole for all of the computer help she provided to OEAO to keep the tournaments running; Deroche for using that bullhorn he calls a voice to maintain order during the tournament pairings; all of the map builders (we had a great crew); Vydar, Vegie and his dad, and Boromir for bringing multi-player map terrain; and everyone else who helped in any other way (OEAO will be posting his own thanks for prize support, map selection and tournament formats (and anything or anyone else that I forgot.))
I also wanted to thank the management and staff at the Holiday Inn for the outstanding service and for making our gaming and dining experience there absolutely incredible. We could not have found a better, more welcoming facility. A special shout out to Ramon, the hotel's banquet captain who kept the food and drink flowing for four days and who constantly adjusted meal times for us based upon tournaments running off schedule.
Mr. Migraine and OEAO are preparing a survey for all who attended to hear your thoughts on improvements for next year, particularly regarding tournament formats and other gaming. Feel free to pm me or OEAO with any questions or comments, as well as questions you would like to see asked on the survey.
Details on ScapeCon 2022 should be up later today.
Old August 14th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: ScapeCon 2021 Wrap Up

Yes, thank you all for coming out to ScapeCon 2021 (aka ScapeCon I)! Although it was an incredibly exhausting few months, it was well worth it to see this awesome community again.

I want to thank:

Trex: for the dice bowls and towers, and for the logos for the back of the cards. They turned out amazing! Thanks for giving me a great deal on them!
Sir HeroScape: for selling the custom Ticalla Jungles to the prize wall at a reduced price. Thanks!
Superfrog: for helping me enter map edits into VirtualScape and for the graphic design overhauls for the custom alternate art cards! I couldn’t be happier with them.
Megasilver: for taking those awesome photos of the units!
Vydar: for printing and cutting all those cards for me. I can’t thank you enough for putting in that time and effort!
BasketBasket: for a cash donation to help cover costs when you couldn’t even attend. Thank you!!
Heroscaper Guy: for donating and shipping to me a box of figures to put on the prize table when you couldn’t even attend. That was incredibly generous. Thank you!
Nick the Ant: for donating a NIB Laglor to the prize wall. What a donation! Thank you!
Mr Migraine: for 3D printing, painting, and basing 12 Water and 12 Fire Elementals, and donating them to the prize wall. Thanks Mitch!
HoundsRule: for donating an Asterios to the prize wall. Thanks bud!
Boromir: for donating a number of figures, including an official Agent Skahen, to the prize wall. Thanks man!
Infected Sloth, ISB3, and Major Q23: for your help with the formats. Thanks!
Infected Sloth: for your help with the map pool, with prize ideas, and for just generally keeping me relatively sane these past few months. Thanks!!
Dysole, Chris Perkins, and Deroche: for your help running the events at the Con. Thanks!
Retlaw: for sorting and bringing the terrain year after year. We couldn’t do this without you!
Vydar, Boromir, and Vegie: for bringing multiplayer maps. Thanks!!
Mr Wookiee: for the logo work for the dice and shirts. Thank you so much! You always do a great job!
Dragon Ruler’s Ruler: for helping paint the dice and the great job on the menu! Thanks mother!
UltraLord: for digging us out of a hole by buying the last set of dice at auction for the amount we were over budget. Thank you!!!
Dysole, ISB3, and Sir Heroscape: for streaming/recording this event. Thank you!

To anyone else I missed: thanks! And thank you all for coming! I hope to see everyone at more ScapeCons to come.

Mike

Last edited by OEAO; August 14th, 2021 at 03:33 PM.
Old August 16th, 2021, 09:30 AM

Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby! Earl_of_Sandwich rolls all skulls baby!
Re: ScapeCon 2021 Wrap Up

I'll second these thank yous, from the perspective of an attendee - fun tourney formats, inspiring prize support, beautiful maps, and more. In addition, thank YOU Mike and George for having the vision for this, and subsequently working to build and run it in only a few months' time. It was, quite explicitly, a smashing success. Can't wait for ScapeCon II!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon