Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old August 25th, 2010, 05:58 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth
Re: Summoner Wars by Plaid Hat Games

N/M

Last edited by Hogg; August 29th, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:04 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The biggest podcast in board games - The Dice Tower - recently handed out its 2009 gaming awards. Summoner Wars and Plaid Hat Games were nominated for Game of the Year, Most Innovative Game of the Year, Game Designer of the Year, and Best Small Publisher of the Year. Colby Dauch won Game Designer of the Year and Plaid Hat Games won ...Best Small Publisher of the Year.

Congratulations Colby!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:18 PM

Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker Jaz1597 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyelephant View Post
The biggest podcast in board games - The Dice Tower - recently handed out its 2009 gaming awards. Summoner Wars and Plaid Hat Games were nominated for Game of the Year, Most Innovative Game of the Year, Game Designer of the Year, and Best Small Publisher of the Year. Colby Dauch won Game Designer of the Year and Plaid Hat Games won ...Best Small Publisher of the Year.

Congratulations Colby!
That is so cool. Congrats Colby!

LOTR Customs
I'm sure of your ability
To become my perfect enemy
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:06 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Quote:

Congratulations Colby!
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:47 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I would guess that most Heroscapers already have Summoner Wars but for those who may have been skeptical in the past or just never got around to it, this is just more proof of Summoner Wars's quality and fun. Do yourself a favor, get off the fence and pick up a copy.

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkurtb View Post
Quote:
I would guess that most Heroscapers already have Summoner Wars but for those who may have been skeptical in the past or just never got around to it, this is just more proof of Summoner Wars's quality and fun. Do yourself a favor, get off the fence and pick up a copy.

And if you live in the Northeast you can play both at TotalCon this February as we will be hosting events for both games all weekend.
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:52 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

I just got the game on the 30/8 and while I was expecting a small publisher to put plently of love in every box I was blown away with the quality, which competes equally against the big players in the market.

Great job, glad I shelled out.

CRC

CRC's Maps: please consider using one of my maps. I'd love the feedback.

Old September 6th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Preview #14
Thwarter

Similar to Shamans, Tundra Orc Thwarters use innate magical talent to shield themselves in combat. While lacking the offensive power of some of their brethren, Thwarters can often outlive their more aggressive peers.

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/801582/summoner-wars
Old September 6th, 2010, 11:46 AM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth View Post
Preview #14
Thwarter

Similar to Shamans, Tundra Orc Thwarters use innate magical talent to shield themselves in combat. While lacking the offensive power of some of their brethren, Thwarters can often outlive their more aggressive peers.

BGG Link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/801582/summoner-wars
Come out with these already you tease!

Instant buy for me. All these are looking fun. I rarely lose with Tundra Orcs and this guy looks to make them even more brutal!

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old September 7th, 2010, 08:53 AM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

My wife (the infamous Mrs CRC, you may remember her from the public dressing down (ohhh this sounds exciting) that she gave me (oh. not so exciting) in the 'Army for the wife' thread) wants me to post that she's enjoying Summoner Wars more than Heroscape.

Great. I've shelled out $25 plus postage on Summoner Wars, and I've shelled out a shipload more than that on HS already. and she, my only regular HS opponent, likes SW better.

*stomps off in a sulk*

CRC

Old September 7th, 2010, 10:26 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post
My wife (the infamous Mrs CRC, you may remember her from the public dressing down (ohhh this sounds exciting) that she gave me (oh. not so exciting) in the 'Army for the wife' thread) wants me to post that she's enjoying Summoner Wars more than Heroscape.

Great. I've shelled out $25 plus postage on Summoner Wars, and I've shelled out a shipload more than that on HS already. and she, my only regular HS opponent, likes SW better.

*stomps off in a sulk*

CRC
So do you need us to tell you what kind of deck she should play with?
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnRedChops View Post

*stomps off in a sulk*

CRC
So do you need us to tell you what kind of deck she should play with?
NOOOO!!! FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S GOOD IN THE WORLD, NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

CRC

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games