Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 21st, 2022, 07:31 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Elven Lord's Mostly Non-Elven Custom Ideas

Hey guys, I just played heroscape for the first time in 10 years and kinda sorry I didn't get back into it sooner. Turns out there's a good number of scapers still rutting around in Maryland (including myself now). I had an absolute blast at the event in Salisbury. On the way home. I started thinking about some custom units.

Been out of it so long I don't really have a clear picture what a "balanced" custom unit looks like. So I'm going to make this my "idea dump" or "Brainstorm Observatory" whatever you like and drop ideas here.

In addition to your ideas I'd really like to hear what "points" everyone would put on each idea in it's original presentation. Cool? Alright, here's the first one, let's go!

Parthian Army
Spoiler Alert!

[spoiler]
Royal Sappers

General: Einar

Human
Common Squard
Pyromancers
Determined
Medium
Squad size 3

Life: 1
Move: 6
Range: 1
Attack: 2
Defense: 3

Special Powers

Black Powder Bomb

At any time during their turn, instead of attacking, Royal Sappers may target any figure within 3 clear sight spaces of at least 2 Royal sappers. The controlling player rolls a d20. On a roll of 12 or higher place 2 wound markers on that character. The controlling player then rolls 3 attack dice against each adjacent figure including allies. Royal Sappers may perform Black Powder Bomb Special Attack only once during their turn.

Chaos Charge

After moving and before attacking, if a Royal Sapper was at least 4 spaces away from an adjacent enemy figure, the Royal Sapper may be removed from the board. The controlling player rolls 5 attack dice against every adjacent figure individually including allies. This attack cannot be blocked. The controlling player then rolls a d20 for each adjacent obstacle and isolated 1 or 2 hex terrain piece. On a roll of 17 or higher remove the piece from the board. This action may be performed only once per turn.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Last edited by Elven Lord; September 7th, 2022 at 10:25 AM.
Old August 21st, 2022, 11:50 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: Elven Lord's Mostly Non-Elven Custom Ideas

First of all, say "Special Powers" instead of "Special Abilities."

Skirmish

Parthian Horse Archers may move before and after attacking up to their full movement speed.

It should read, "Parthian Horse Archers may attack at any time before, during or after movement, as long as they are on spaces where they are able to stop when they attack."

Parthian Tactics

When leaving an engagement the controlling player chooses 1 enemy figure. The Parthian Horse Archer takes no leaving engagement damage from this unit and may make 1 full attack against it. This is not part of the regular attack phase.

It should read, "When a Parthian Horse Archer you control leaves engagement from one or more figures, you may choose one of those figures. The Parthian Horse Archer does not take a leaving engagement attack from that figure, and may attack that figure normally before leaving engagement. This attack is in addition to the Parthian Horse Archer's normal attack."

Parthian Affinity

If the Parthian Horse Archers kill more than 1 unit during their turn, the player may take another turn with another squad of Parthian Horse Archers. The player may do this only once during their turn.

It should read, "If a squad of Parthian Horse Archers you control destroys more than one figure on a single turn, you may immediately take another turn with a squad of Parthian Horse Archers you control. You may only do this once per turn."

The rationale is that if you are killing squad figures, then to kill more than one "unit" they need to kill six figures!

Auxiliaries

Parthian Horse Archers receive all bonus effects of one human warlord and can be the target of that human warlords special abilities. (player declares which warlord at the beginning of the game before rolling first round initiative).

I'm sorry but this one looks like a mess. I would get rid of it. Also, Move 10 might be a bit too much. If you make it a two-figure squad, the point cost should reflect that.

Their attack also sucks and makes it unlikely that they will kill two figures per turn.

Last edited by Taeblewalker; August 24th, 2022 at 11:13 PM.
Old August 24th, 2022, 11:09 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I agree with all of TW's feedback (hopefully I remember to come back here and rep him when I'm not on my phone).

Parthian Tactics is going to give you some headaches. I suggest just making it a d20 roll similar to the way that Arthur of Sherwood from C3V works.

I would also just drop Parthian Affinity altogether--to keep the theme that I think you were going for, you'd have to add some kind of language to TW's workshopping about "may not activate any of the same figures that took the first turn" which gets messy.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 1st, 2022, 09:06 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeblewalker View Post
First of all, say "Special Powers" instead of "Special Abilities."

Skirmish

Parthian Horse Archers may move before and after attacking up to their full movement speed.

It should read, "Parthian Horse Archers may attack at any time before, during or after movement, as long as they are on spaces where they are able to stop when they attack."

Parthian Tactics

When leaving an engagement the controlling player chooses 1 enemy figure. The Parthian Horse Archer takes no leaving engagement damage from this unit and may make 1 full attack against it. This is not part of the regular attack phase.

It should read, "When a Parthian Horse Archer you control leaves engagement from one or more figures, you may choose one of those figures. The Parthian Horse Archer does not take a leaving engagement attack from that figure, and may attack that figure normally before leaving engagement. This attack is in addition to the Parthian Horse Archer's normal attack."

Parthian Affinity

If the Parthian Horse Archers kill more than 1 unit during their turn, the player may take another turn with another squad of Parthian Horse Archers. The player may do this only once during their turn.

It should read, "If a squad of Parthian Horse Archers you control destroys more than one figure on a single turn, you may immediately take another turn with a squad of Parthian Horse Archers you control. You may only do this once per turn."

The rationale is that if you are killing squad figures, then to kill more than one "unit" they need to kill six figures!

Auxiliaries

Parthian Horse Archers receive all bonus effects of one human warlord and can be the target of that human warlords special abilities. (player declares which warlord at the beginning of the game before rolling first round initiative).

I'm sorry but this one looks like a mess. I would get rid of it. Also, Move 10 might be a bit too much. If you make it a two-figure squad, the point cost should reflect that.

Their attack also sucks and makes it unlikely that they will kill two figures per turn.
I implemented the changes y'all suggested and added a couple more units to the army.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards