Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old January 19th, 2010, 11:15 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart
Underdark + Fortress of the Archkyrie

Has anyone created a map using these two yet? I haven't seen any in the Downloads section.

I have an idea for a campaign featuring the heroes from the new Master Set against the undead and their allies - waves of zombies and wolves, a battle against Sudema, and ultimately the assassination of the entire House of Esenwein. I am not that experienced in map making, however, and I would like some tips if anyone wants to work with me on this.

I imagine a great hall with two rows of columns down the middle, but when I experimented with my tiles tonight it did not look as nice as I anticipated. I will need more practice with these tiles.
Old January 20th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Underdark + Fortress of the Archkyrie

Very little has been done with the third master set yet as it is so new.

Keep working on it. Don't be afraid to look at other maps you enjoy for inspiration either.

Try these threads for inspiration.
Battlefields of Valhalla ; some of the best are found here.
Symmetric tournament castle maps: a survey ; a good place to find other castle maps
Cartographers Choice - Mapmakers Personal Favorites ; a healthy mix of many things
Dungeons and Dragons Scenarios - Forum ; Most of the current maps using the new MS3 can be found here. Good reads if your setting up a campaign.
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:40 AM

Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness Velenne wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Migol's Gate: Shadow, road, and stone intertwine in this BftU/FotA map.
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:13 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Shadowy Helix uses those two sets, although it also uses Marvel and RttFF.

Old January 20th, 2010, 07:12 PM

Bogusoid is surprisingly tart

Great posts, thanks for the links Darkmage! The idea I have is a map for a campaign that takes place in an underground temple or some other kind of roofed castle/hall, so that the area above the columns is capped and figures cannot fly or leap over the columns.

One issue I have with campaigns is that there is little to no long-term reward, like collecting upgrades to use in later campaigns (like leveling up in the real D&D). Death is also a bit harsh, as it is not hard to lose at least one man in a room if you don't plan your strategy just right. Perhaps I can instate a house rule where fallen party members are removed but not dead, and survive unconscious for a number of rounds, during which you must claim victory or they will die if you take too long.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios