Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old January 10th, 2007, 06:47 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
Some Upcoming Video Game Movies

I came across this today. Didn't even realize there were so many being made. Enjoy!

http://www.destructoid.com/some-upco...es-25860.phtml

Old January 13th, 2007, 05:29 AM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
The only ones I would be interested in are Halo, and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. I hope that they make Prince of Persia, I LOVE all of the games. The games themselves have a good plot, and the game designer is supposed to be involved with the film. Jerry Bruckheimer is penned on it also, so that could be cool I guess...

I just wonder how dark it is going to be. The first game isn't nearly as dark as the second and third, but I wonder if they would make it darker so that it would fit better with the sequels if it does ok and they make the trilogy. All I have to say is that this game has the potential to make an incredible movie, if done well. It's got it all!

I'd also love to see a God of War movie. I think that would be awesome.

Click to see more...
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny
I just wonder how dark it is going to be. The first game isn't nearly as dark as the second and third, but I wonder if they would make it darker so that it would fit better with the sequels if it does ok and they make the trilogy. All I have to say is that this game has the potential to make an incredible movie, if done well. It's got it all!
which game are you talking about here?

Old January 14th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
I hope Castlevania isn't bad. I'd take mediocre, really.
Old January 14th, 2007, 02:33 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
I'm always surprised when people rag on the Resident Evil movies. For what they are, these strike me as very well made films -- just films without any real pretension of having substance.
Old January 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques
I'm always surprised when people rag on the Resident Evil movies. For what they are, these strike me as very well made films -- just films without any real pretension of having substance.
I agree. I enjoyed the first one. The second one was more of an action movie than a horror game adaptation. I aslo enjoyed Silent Hill as well. There was some spooky elements to that movie. When the sirens started going off, I got chills.

Old January 14th, 2007, 03:39 PM

jaques has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaques
I agree. I enjoyed the first one. The second one was more of an action movie than a horror game adaptation. I aslo enjoyed Silent Hill as well. There was some spooky elements to that movie. When the sirens started going off, I got chills.
I haven't seen Silent Hill. Maybe I should check it out. (After I finish rewatching those LOTR movies 3 or 4 times each. )

I love the sequence in the first RE movie where Alice wakes up. It's terrific visual storytelling, especially the moment when she finds the notepad and copies the message on it. Without a line of dialogue, that simple action tells you (1) that Alice definitely has amnesia and (2) that she's really, really smart.
Old January 15th, 2007, 01:51 AM

I need to check out Silent Hill as well

Old January 16th, 2007, 02:16 PM

Mikestir has disabled reputation
Well Silent hill is a good movie and creepy like you avater venom.

"Each journey gives rise to chance encounters, and each encounter brings forth a farwell"

my favorite animal is the Liger.
http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm
see they are REAL.
Old January 16th, 2007, 02:38 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
Quote:
which game are you talking about here?
The Prince of Persia. They are awesome!

I was thinking about it, and if Jerry Bruckheimer is penned on this film, then that means that there is a good chance that Hans Zimmer will do the music! I think I would die a happy man if Hans Zimmer wrote the soundtrack to these movies, he's my favorite film composer, right up there with John Williams.

Click to see more...
Old January 17th, 2007, 12:08 AM

Quote:
The Prince of Persia. They are awesome!

I was thinking about it, and if Jerry Bruckheimer is penned on this film, then that means that there is a good chance that Hans Zimmer will do the music! I think I would die a happy man if Hans Zimmer wrote the soundtrack to these movies, he's my favorite film composer, right up there with John Williams.
both great composers! i think i'm cute and not creepy. who am i kiddin', i am creepy

Old January 17th, 2007, 09:56 AM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31247

It looks pretty cool.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media