Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old May 12th, 2009, 08:29 PM

The Last Samurai Woo who?
Talking The Last Samurais Customs!!!!!

Ok hi all! So for my second thread I will be posting my customs that i'm making! I have a bunch but I will start with my first. I will only include ones that I have the cards for (only one of em ) except they will be minus the figures in the card, I will post those seperately! ENJOY!

http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/u...s.jpg&newest=1
^^^
That is my card for the Woodland Protectors. Please rate and give comments on how to change, make more interesting, etc...

http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/u...4.jpg&newest=1
^^^
Those are the actual figures... i'm pretty sure they are mageknight...

TO BE CONTINUED...... NEXT A LIZARD WARRIOR HERO

Last edited by The Last Samurai; May 12th, 2009 at 08:33 PM. Reason: The pictures didn't work!
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Re: The Last Samurais Customs!!!!!

Ok... Ignore this post... the links for pics didn't work! But I fixed them...So please rate and comment...

Mr. Post says IGNORE ME!

Last edited by The Last Samurai; May 12th, 2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: I fixed it
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool! Firstly, before I get to the actual custom, you may want to use [img] tags instead of [url] tags. That way the picture shows up inside the post and people don't have to click the links.

The figures look great. Did you paint them yourself? They look kind of matte though. I suggest spraying them with a clear matte finish. Doesn't get all shiny, but protects the paint and gives them the slight sheen that official figures have.

As for the card, I think it's overpriced. Zettians have 1 more range and 4 more defense for 10 points less, and they still suck. I'd drop them down to maybe 50? Come to think of it, I'd rather take the Marro Warriors than these guys, so maybe even lower. Still, 50 is a good starting point, I'd say. Shadowy Retreat could be worded more clearly. Instead of "without taking damage," say, "without taking leaving engagement attacks," like official disengage does. Also, the last sentence is a bit odd. "When disengaging, add 1 to their movement if they are adjacent to a tree or plant." I think you mean if you start your turn adjacent to both an enemy figure and a plant of some sort, they get an extra move if they disengage. If so, I'd say, "When Woodland Protectors start to move, if they are engaged and adjacent to a tree or plant, they gain one extra move." This doesn't actually require them to disengage, but there is little advantage to not disengaging, so I don't really think you need that clause.

Anyways, cool first custom! Can't wait for the Lizard Man!
Old May 13th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Thanks for the great feedback fuzzie fuzz! Now that I think about it they do need their point value lowered and the sentence is awkward . I did not paint the figures, they are mageknight im pretty sure. I've had them for years now and I haven't done anything with them. I decided to drybrush some darkgreen on the cloak along with some light green, and black. I also added some light brown detail to the bow. While im working on the lizard mans card i'm going to post a pic of my painted zettian guards tommorow.

-The Last Samurai
:twiste d:
Old May 13th, 2009, 10:31 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

just wanted to check if this is a squad of 2?
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:05 PM

yes it is
Old May 14th, 2009, 10:36 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart

Great job with the custom card The Last Samurai, +rep.
Old May 15th, 2009, 06:41 AM

StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker StarofEarendil knows what's in an order marker

This thread needs to go in the Custom Units/Army cards section.
But, anyway, nice!

Contend, O Lord, against those who contend against me;
Fight against those who fight against me. Psalm 35:1
Old May 15th, 2009, 04:51 PM

funnymarx has disabled reputation

I'm happy to learn upon clicking on this thread that it is NOT customs based on that Tom Cruise movie.
Old May 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM

Hey all! sorry about the delay in pics for lizard man, and I will also show some of my flocked terrain! (tutorial might follow, but I know there are tons of tutorials already....) I loaned my camera to a friend and it will be returned tommorow. I do not have a card for lizard man yet though... Anyways I do like the movie The Last Samurai, it was pretty good and maybe I should make a Katsumoto figure. It would go great with my samurai. Which also gives me an idea to make a Last Samurai battlefield!
So I will post my pictures tomorrow! See ya then!!

-The Last Samurai
Old May 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM

Question Re: The Last Samurais Customs!!!!!

Ok so I have my camera back but can anyone help me enter pictures directly into the post instead of having a link to a website. I just find this annoying for me and the rest of you all!

thanks alot

-The Last Samurai
Old May 29th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Samurai View Post
Ok so I have my camera back but can anyone help me enter pictures directly into the post instead of having a link to a website. I just find this annoying for me and the rest of you all!

thanks alot

-The Last Samurai
How to post images:

The image has to be a supported file type: .jpg, .png, .gif.

If the image is already located online. . .
1. Right click on the image and select Properties
2. Highlight and copy the Addresss
2. In the posting text box, type "[img]" without the quotes.
3. Paste (Ctl+V) to insert that copied image address right after the closing bracket.
4. Close the img tag by typing "[/img]" without the quotes.
With Photobucket, this is even easier, simply copy the IMG Code fromt he Photobucket page and paste it in your post.

If the image is NOT already located online. . .
1. You need to get it online, if you are a site supporter, you can upload it to our Gallery, if not, you will need to sign up for an account at a hosting site like photobucket.
2. Upload your images using the options in your Gallery account.
3. Once your image is uploaded, follow the steps above

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions