Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old December 14th, 2008, 02:15 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Skyknight's Hirst art terrain thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elf326 View Post
Awesome! I love the water cavern.
He hasn't posted the cavern yet.
Old December 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

Alright, here we go...the Water Cavern for those of you who jumped the gun The first few pics will be a tour through and then some overheads for an overall effect....

I did not like how the flash made the colors look but oh well...I am done taking pics for a bit

and now the overheads

Last edited by skyknight; December 14th, 2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old December 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Fanfreakintastic!!!!!
Old December 14th, 2008, 10:55 PM

sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby! sportcult rolls all skulls baby!

Incredible! Great job on the water, I love the creatures in it!

Custom Terrain
Custom Figures and Repaints
Stuff for Sale
Good Trades:Ted, Hilo-scaper, omen20154, eternaldream
Old December 15th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker

That's some really nice work Sky! An amazingly beautiful setup through and through,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 08:11 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun

I had an idea of a jelly taking over a fountain and using it for its own playground of sorts. After a while though like any toy it would most likely break due to the jelly's corrosive nature. If allowed to go long enough the floor around the fountain would eventually be eaten as well....so I went ahead and made this scene since it was pretty clear in my mind....

Old February 22nd, 2009, 10:49 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker
Thumbs up Re: Skyknight's Hirst art terrain thread....

Wow...That is very artistic....in a good way...

I also have been assembling Hirst molds.....though I hate plaster and having been casting with Plastic resin...I think it's an obscession I have with 'plastic' in general....

Awesome work..
Old February 23rd, 2009, 06:02 AM
assistant leader

Thanks Ormus, I don't mind the resin but I would be curious to know more about the plastic resins....where do yuo buy them?
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM

Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker Ormus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
Thanks Ormus, I don't mind the resin but I would be curious to know more about the plastic resins....where do yuo buy them?
A product I often use you can get at Micheals or Hobby Lobby...or online.... Alumite is the name...it comes in two parts, has a low viscosity, and sets up fast..Its expensive, but somehow I always get it 50% off?...

Bruce Hirst has excellent instructions on his site for casting with plastic resin...Buy a bunch of cheap jewel cases, is my advice...and don't uuse the release agent he talks about in the thread..its really expensive and hard to find and most artists use Pam for a release agent anyways..Bruce told me personally that the molds will give over 100 casts without it....
I use talc powder and then dump it out just to leave the dust...

Plastic, imho, is the only way to mini...I started with the plaster, but it
just doesn't do it for me...Its heavy, takes forever to setup, air bubbles, it chips, and it just doesn't feel right....

I'm happy to answer anymore questions about casting resin Hirst pieces...
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!

These all look sweet Sky. The cavern set is amazing, and the jelly fountain is extremely creative.

Man, you simply must get into Song of Blades and Heroes for gaming on that stuff.
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:19 AM
assistant leader

I do need to so something with it since I make it and then just display it. Next time you shoot this way brother bring along the game and we shall see....
Old February 25th, 2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyknight View Post
I thought more about this....A small room probably costs about $2.00 worth of plastic..with buttresses and columns..I use the 1.5in base squares...so I sacrifice alot of plastic....the cavern and fieldstone floor tiles are smaller and take alot less plastic resin....

I usually get about 32.0nz for about $15....

Edit:I use the gothic mold sets and the brick wall sections....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles