Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 19th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
The Book of Judge Blacklock

This thread is for Discussion of the Tried and True Custom Judge Blacklock, by Necroblade

Judges for Blacklock's Trial were

*Fallen Templar:Pumpkin_King:whitestuff:

Let the discussion begin!

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 19th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Web Wader

Fallen Templar is surprisingly tart
My Apologies to the other judges for being so late posting this Trial

Well Theirs nothing much wrong with this card in my opinion only some minor
changes.

Suggested Changes:

1. Vampirism should be changed to Life Drain

2. Powers Should Be ordered officially(1. Life Drain, Double Attack, Stealth
Flying)

I'll post more suggestion after a playtest session tonight

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."- Niccolo Machiavelli

Old August 19th, 2007, 05:32 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Thanks, FT. No worries about just getting it started. As long as we keep these things rolling. We've already got quite a list!

As for your proposed changes, I completely agree with both of them. As soon as I get the chance, I'll Photoshop an updated version of his card.

Another playtesting suggestion: Use Blacklock in place of Kaemon Awa in an army you usually use KA in. See if he works just as well, since they're very similar cards.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 19th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!
I'm not certain Vampirism should be changed to Life Drain. On the Esenweins, Life Drain was activated whenever the figure with the ability destroyed another figure. Vampirism activates whenever Judge Blacklock wounds a figure, he does not have to destroy it.

Whatever you rename it too, I think it should have a line that states it is not activated when he wounds a Soulborg, and possibly other Undead.

Old August 19th, 2007, 09:09 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker
A dual pistol-wielding undead judge, and he's Merciful? That seems strange. I've never heard of him before, so if he is an established character and there is some reason that he should be Merciful, OK. But if he's purely your own creation, I have to ask why he is Merciful.

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old August 19th, 2007, 10:36 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Nothing I can see wrong with him. Powers are worded well, and points seem on. Just playtest and find out. Great job, Necroblade!

Old August 20th, 2007, 12:23 AM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV
A dual pistol-wielding undead judge, and he's Merciful? That seems strange.
Merciful speaks of his character as a judge. He just happens to be able to kick ass on the battlefield. Just like Q10 now. He is a character from Mage Knight, and has a bio somewhere on their page.

As to changing Vampirism to Life Drain, once the official vampires had been released, I had planned on doing that anyway. I understand they work differently, but I'd like to keep him close to the official vampires. Hopefully it won't hurt him too much.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 20th, 2007, 02:26 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun
Here's my (using allskull's style)

Judge Blacklock

Aesthetics:
A nicely constructed card. I'm not a fan of the font you've used (personal opinion, it just feels a bit heavy) but the text in the left box needs to be in all-caps. Is Vydar where he will stay or will he move with the other Vamps into Utgar?

Left Box:
I think Merciful fits (perhaps that is why he is in Vydar).

Stats:
Guilty Mc Creech with his double pistols rolls 2 attack dice. When Agent Carr uses his pistol, he attacks with 2 dice. That makes sense to me as the Airborne, with rifles, attack with 3 dice. I think, perhaps, one less attack and drop his points to compensate. Move, defense and range would be just right IMO. (Don't get me wrong; I wouldn't withhold an approved stamp if you didn't change it )

Abilities/Powers:
Double Attack makes good sense (two guns and all )
I would prefer Vampirism to keep a different title than "Life Drain" so as to avoid any possible confusion. Add Stealth Flying to the mix and the good Judge is one mean hombre.

Flavor:
I think that the Judge fits in nicely with the official Vamps. If he is a Cyprien kind of vampire, he'd need to be in Utgar but if he is an Angel (from the TV show) kind of vampire then Vydar would be OK with me.
Old August 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
I would prefer Vampirism to keep a different title than "Life Drain" so as to avoid any possible confusion. Add Stealth Flying to the mix and the good Judge is one mean hombre.
I think he was going to change the power altogether to become Life Drain, not just rename it Life Drain and keep the same wording.

Old August 20th, 2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestuff
I think he was going to change the power altogether to become Life Drain, not just rename it Life Drain and keep the same wording.
That is correct.

Vampirism power ==> Life Drain power

not

Vampirism name ==> Life Drain name

Sorry for the confusion.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 20th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Right..No Left!.. No I mean Right!

Lotus is surprisingly tart
It looks good to me, But I am haven't tested either, presuming the above changes, I would think he would be a pretty fair figure. I do understand why his attack should be dropped to 2 though, that makes sense actually. Also, he needs a bit more fog at the feet, I noticed all official cards the feet are completly gone.

I'll try to print him an give him a go.
Old August 20th, 2007, 02:26 PM

I understand the concern about high power double attacks (DA), but Syvarris has the same Attack and longer range and no one's complaining about him. As I mentioned earlier, the best comparison is Kaemon Awa. IF you have height, they both have a 4 Attack DA, but with 2 more Range on JB's part. KA, however, has better defense and Counter Strike. Let's break it down...

Stat ---------- KA ----- JB ---------- Comparison
Points ------- 120 ---- 120 --------- Equal
Life ----------- 4 ------ 4 ----------- Equal
Move --------- 5 ------ 6 ----------- JB is much more mobile, with Stealth Flying.
Range -------- 7 ------ 6 ----------- KA is higher, but JB has more for DA.
Attack -------- 4 ------ 3 ----------- KA wins.
Defense ------ 4 ------ 3 ----------- KA wins + CS, but JB has LD to make up for it.

Very close indeed, with the exception of Judge Blacklock's superior mobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus
Also, he needs a bit more fog at the feet, I noticed all official cards the feet are completly gone.
I'll keep that in mind as I re-Photoshop his card, thanks.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards