Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 14th, 2006, 06:47 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
[PCT] (Papercraft cheap things) - Teleportal 1.0 - 15/11/06

Hi to all
This is my first terrain custom fo HS. As i'm not a sculptor, and as i want cheap things, i made it with paper.

This is a Teleport portal.... a Teleportal.

How to build

Print and cut the 3 parts: DO NOT CUT NOW the little space in the middle, you'll do after pre-folding.

To help precise folding, go on a window, place the pieces on the glass, and with a ball pen and a ruler draw the folding lines on the back, using stong pressure (DON'T BREAK THE GLASS!!). Now you can pre-fold all without difficulty.
Then you can cut the previous space.

You must glue first the two part forming the "insert" for the colored part. Use some tiny object to apply pressure when glueing. The black border (it's purple in this image) needs to be aligned with the little space you've just cutted out.

Glue everything else, then take the "base" piece, and start from the "interior". Keep care to the distance between them.

Start closing the sides. You may want to apply some weight to the base before closing it.

You'll finish with this last part.

Make the two tops. You should have these piece, at the end.

Now you can glue the tops to the two columns, obtaining the finished Teleportal.

As the tops and the "columns" are separated piece, you may not like the excess of paper between them: you may cut out the tabs and the "trapezoidal" caps from the columns, and keep only the tabs of the Tops. Now you can glue the tops INSIDE the columns: it's very much difficult, but if done right you'll have better results.

Enjoy

P.S. Sorry for the ugly images

Would you like to listen to my music?

Last edited by Parduz; October 17th, 2010 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Link updated

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles