Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 7th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Played Teotihuacan solo, 2-player, and 3-player over the past week. It is really good and a really good price for what you get in components.

Also, I have been trying to get some Guild Ball teams painted so I can run a few demos and get a league started. It has replaced Blood Bowl for me as my "sports" miniatures game.

Opened Cerebria, but haven't had time to even read the rules yet. Looking forward to eventually playing it.

After playing and enjoying 7 Wonders after our last Heroscape tournament, I was tempted by a friend to try 7 Wonders Duel. Interesting way of boiling down the draft mechanic into patterns of known and unknown cards throughout each era. If you like 7 Wonders, but don't have enough players to justify purchasing it, check out Duels.
Duels is a great game.

Old December 7th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Played Teotihuacan solo, 2-player, and 3-player over the past week. It is really good and a really good price for what you get in components.

Also, I have been trying to get some Guild Ball teams painted so I can run a few demos and get a league started. It has replaced Blood Bowl for me as my "sports" miniatures game.

Opened Cerebria, but haven't had time to even read the rules yet. Looking forward to eventually playing it.

After playing and enjoying 7 Wonders after our last Heroscape tournament, I was tempted by a friend to try 7 Wonders Duel. Interesting way of boiling down the draft mechanic into patterns of known and unknown cards throughout each era. If you like 7 Wonders, but don't have enough players to justify purchasing it, check out Duels.

I really like Guild Ball. I only have the Kickoff 2 player starter set, but have both the Masons and Brewers teams from the set painted. I've only played a handful of times, and it's been awhile, but I really like it.

Rumbleslam is also a fun sports miniatures game. I won the 2 player starter set and a couple superstar wrestlers at a convention last February as well as picking up a couple more superstars at Adepticon in March. Only got to play it a couple times so far, but it's a fun one too.

Unfortunately, I am interested in too many miniatures games systems, so it's hard to get them all played as often as I'd like. Still have to paint and try Fallout Wasteland Warfare starter set, and I'm ordering Rangers of Shadow Deep rules fromthe designer of Frostgrave and Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago. This is a solo and co-op version, with more refined rules.

Also still painting models for The Drowned Earth miniatures game and Star Wars Legion.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 7th, 2018, 02:55 PM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

I really like Guild Ball. I only have the Kickoff 2 player starter set, but have both the Masons and Brewers teams from the set painted. I've only played a handful of times, and it's been awhile, but I really like it.

Rumbleslam is also a fun sports miniatures game. I won the 2 player starter set and a couple superstar wrestlers at a convention last February as well as picking up a couple more superstars at Adepticon in March. Only got to play it a couple times so far, but it's a fun one too.

Unfortunately, I am interested in too many miniatures games systems, so it's hard to get them all played as often as I'd like. Still have to paint and try Fallout Wasteland Warfare starter set, and I'm ordering Rangers of Shadow Deep rules from the designer of Frostgrave and Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago. This is a solo and co-op version, with more refined rules.

Also still painting models for The Drowned Earth miniatures game and Star Wars Legion.
I really like Rumbleslam and have some nice rings that really add to the presentation, but I haven't been able to get people to get into the game. I believe US distribution is still a problem for TTCombat, which doesn't help.
Old December 7th, 2018, 03:13 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
OK, Star Realms is probably the cheapest way to try one nowadays. Why are you looking for co-op?
Well it originates in the fact that my son and I played several older video games with co-op campaigns and it was a really great time for us. We looked for new games but most games these days are built for online and any offline campaign is single player or not worth the price of admission.

So we look for other outlets. So this looked like killing two birds with one stone (or per an article I read recently...feeding two birds with one scone). Deck Builder and Co-op.

I'm always open to any suggestions for other Co-op opportunities.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Oh, cool! I haven't played any co-op deckbuilders but I have played some other co-ops. The best ones I've played are dungeoncrawlers like the Pathfinder card game or Warhammer: Silver Tower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 7th, 2018, 03:52 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Oh, cool! I haven't played any co-op deckbuilders but I have played some other co-ops. The best ones I've played are dungeoncrawlers like the Pathfinder card game or Warhammer: Silver Tower.
Pathfinder is another one that I've hovered over the buy button many times.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 7th, 2018, 03:54 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I suggest buying that one secondhand with all the adventure decks bundled in. It's a bit like Sentinels except better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 7th, 2018, 03:59 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
I suggest buying that one secondhand with all the adventure decks bundled in. It's a bit like Sentinels except better.
I won't lie...if Pathfinders had a Super Hero Theme I'd have bought it long ago. It just seemed more interactive than Sentinels.

I've been developing a Superhero dice and card game for many many years and that game almost made me quit working on it.

Old December 7th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That's funny. I actually like Pathfinder a lot as well (less than Sentinels) but I'd argue it's easily less interactive than Sentinels. With Sentinels there are a lot of cards you can play and powers that you can use that affect other players. With Pathfinder it's mostly playing blessings during each other's checks and not much else for interactivity (there's more that's possible, but after 100+ plays it's rare that I see more really happen).

If you're looking for coop campaign games, there's still the best of all time (IMO): Gloomhaven.

My ultimate dream game, btw, is still basically Gloomhaven with a Superhero theme.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 7th, 2018, 05:25 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Well it originates in the fact that my son and I played several older video games with co-op campaigns and it was a really great time for us. We looked for new games but most games these days are built for online and any offline campaign is single player or not worth the price of admission.

So we look for other outlets. So this looked like killing two birds with one stone (or per an article I read recently...feeding two birds with one scone). Deck Builder and Co-op.

I'm always open to any suggestions for other Co-op opportunities.
A little off-topic for this thread, but you might try Hammerwatch, Overcooked, Guacamelee, and Monaco--all video games designed for co-op.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old December 7th, 2018, 05:41 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's funny. I actually like Pathfinder a lot as well (less than Sentinels) but I'd argue it's easily less interactive than Sentinels. With Sentinels there are a lot of cards you can play and powers that you can use that affect other players. With Pathfinder it's mostly playing blessings during each other's checks and not much else for interactivity (there's more that's possible, but after 100+ plays it's rare that I see more really happen).

If you're looking for coop campaign games, there's still the best of all time (IMO): Gloomhaven.

My ultimate dream game, btw, is still basically Gloomhaven with a Superhero theme.
I actually used the wrong word there (we will blame the concussions because,well, why not). I didn't strictly mean interaction between players as much as the player doing something. Just playing a card is still something I'm having a hard time accepting as fun. So I meant more interplay of things you can do. I do like some bit of luck involve as it gives an "excuse" for losing. If it's all skill and I play great and my son doesn't he'd eventually get frustrated and give up thinking he'd never win. If there's some luck I could play well and he could still win. I don't really like a lot of luck in my games but I don't mind some variability. Heroscape for instance is a perfect amount for me and it also has the advantage of an easy level balancing mechanic. [tangent time] I have a hard time "not playing to win". Perhaps it comes from playing baseball for so long in my life, but my brain is nearly incapable of enjoying a game if I'm not actively trying to win. The point of a game is to try and win, and if you are not trying to win, what's the point of playing. I'm not necessarily ruthless but I'm not programmed to purposely make a bad move to allow someone a better chance to win. Heroscape fixes that because I could always give my son more points when he was younger and make the games competitive without me just going through the motions. As he got better our army totals slowly got back to equal. Now at 11 years old it's pretty good gaming. I think he's up currently in our last 10 games.

Old December 7th, 2018, 05:43 PM

shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker shaolin knows what's in an order marker

Back in the spring I contributed towards the Kickstarter for Fireball Island. I finally got it a week or 2 ago. It’s really awesome, worth every penny.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games