Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old April 5th, 2013, 11:29 PM

MarroKing350 Woo who?
MarroKing350's Maps

Hello fellow Heroscapers this is a map I have designed for 1 v 1 play, it is 100% symetrical too

anyways heres the links to the photos and instructions:

Instructions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dzgbdk25y...20Artimies.pdf

I have no clue on points so i could use some point-ers

My second map!

Conflict canyon:
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3vqt1gtvg...t%20Canyon.pdf

Last edited by MarroKing350; April 6th, 2013 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Update
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:45 PM
definitely (Probably)

Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sock wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: MarroKing350's Maps

Here's the map in a direct image form, for people who don't want to download it:

I have to say, the map looks pretty good. I like the use of walls as LOS blockers, and the central tower is a nice touch.

The start zones might be a bit small, and I suggest connecting both ends of the roads so that melee units can get across quicker.

Nice job

Sock is one week away from retirement, in
THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old April 5th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Titleless

Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby! Black_Charos rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarroKing350 View Post
Hello fellow Heroscapers this is a map I have designed for 1 v 1 play, it is 100% symetrical too

anyways heres the links to the photos and instructions:

Instructions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dzgbdk25y...20Artimies.pdf

Picture
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ja4adbooq8...eld%20View.JPG

I have no clue on points so i could use some point-ers
I like it! Nice use of LOS blockers.

However, I would recommend a few things. First off, it seems a bit narrow. Widening the middle would help with this as well as adding glyphs to the sides (if you add to them). Also, you should add additional spaces to the SZ... 24 is standard procedure.

Good luck and enjoy mapmaking!

P.S. It will attract more attention to your thread if you paste the image into the page.
Old April 6th, 2013, 12:34 AM

MarroKing350 Woo who?

Sock:Thanks for the suggestion
Black_Charos Im kinda new to map makin so i'll take these into account next time
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good stuff, dude! I especially like the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
First off, it seems a bit narrow. Widening the middle would help with this as well as adding glyphs to the sides (if you add to them).
Actually, I personally love narrow maps. Maps seem to be naturally advantageous to ranged attack, therefore the mapmaker's challenge is to aptly bring down that advantage and increase the advantage of melee so they are fairly equal. Narrow maps increase the 'clog' factor of the battle, making engagement far more common and making it harder for ranged dudes to snipe and run or camp in the corner.
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_T-Steff View Post
Good stuff, dude! I especially like the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Charos View Post
First off, it seems a bit narrow. Widening the middle would help with this as well as adding glyphs to the sides (if you add to them).
Actually, I personally love narrow maps. Maps seem to be naturally advantageous to ranged attack, therefore the mapmaker's challenge is to aptly bring down that advantage and increase the advantage of melee so they are fairly equal. Narrow maps increase the 'clog' factor of the battle, making engagement far more common and making it harder for ranged dudes to snipe and run or camp in the corner.
Kindof...? 95% of ranged armies won't be running solely range, they will be running an excellent melee blocker(dividers, reavers, WoA, Gladitrons, etc.) and narrow maps allow for said blockers to lock down the entire map much easier.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old June 11th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

A few small suggestions:

1: Widen the map at the center. This is where most play is taking place, and with the battlements there are 2 choke points on the outside. Adding some elbow room to the edges can go a long way.

2. The road from the starting zone is useless in 9 cases out of 10. Figures will never recieve a road bonus on the 2nd turn of the game, as they will land on the road on turn 1 and run out of road on the second. IMO I would move the road so that it is 4 or 5 move from the starting zone so that the +3 move can be fully used.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios