Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 12th, 2010, 12:00 AM

Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby! Longy418 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: March Madness: A 16-team Father/Son Tournament

Nice reports and pictures on the first round so far Nomad, glad to see the whiz is holding his own, although I really thought he'd win 5. Looking forward to the final match in round 1 and the match ups in round 2. I wish I had a couple of armies in the mix.
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:57 AM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Round 2 Match-ups

Dad and Son engaged in a blind draw for the match-ups in the Elite Eight.

Predict the winners and give us tips for our upcoming first tournament.

Game 9 @ Ticalla Sunrise
Knights (Son playing Dad’s hand-me-down Team 7): Knights of Weston x2, Sir Dendrick, Sir Gilbert, Thorgrim, Finn, Marro Warriors. Total: 555
Stingers (Dad’s Team 2): Stingers x3, Dividers x3, Nagrubs x2, Su-Bak-Na. Total: 550

Game 10 @ Mole Hills
Redcoats (Dad’s Team 1): 10th Regiment x3, Captain America, Raelin v1, Isamu, Marcu. Total: 555
Blades (Son’s Team 3): Blade Gruts x3, Grimnak, Tornak, Ornak, Nerak, Death Reavers, Isamu. Total: 540

Game 11 @ Ticalla Sunrise
Arrows (Dad’s Team 4): Arrow Gruts x3, Wolves of Badru x2, Krug, Mimring. Total: 550
Team Kato (Son’s Team 1): Kato Katsuro, Harquebus x3, Yari x2, Raelin v1, Isamu. Total: 550

Game 12 @ Mole Hills
Snakes (Dad’s Team 8 ): Venoc Vipers x3, Venoc Warlord, Brave Arrow, Krav Maga, Sonlen. Total: 550
Elves (Son’s Team 4): Johrdawn, Ulginesh, Emirroon, Kyntela, Arkmer, Sylvaris, Marro Warriors. Total: 550

The Battlefields are Prepared for Round 2

Old March 12th, 2010, 10:10 AM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Yeah - 4-1 last round!!! killercactus bounces back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Round 2 Match-ups

Dad and Son engaged in a blind draw for the match-ups in the Elite Eight.

Predict the winners and give us tips for our upcoming first tournament.

Game 9 @ Ticalla Sunrise
Knights (Son playing Dad’s hand-me-down Team 7): Knights of Weston x2, Sir Dendrick, Sir Gilbert, Thorgrim, Finn, Marro Warriors. Total: 555
Stingers (Dad’s Team 2): Stingers x3, Dividers x3, Nagrubs x2, Su-Bak-Na. Total: 550

Stingers and Dividers are too good, even with losing 2 Grubs. Gotta go with Dad.

Game 10 @ Mole Hills
Redcoats (Dad’s Team 1): 10th Regiment x3, Captain America, Raelin v1, Isamu, Marcu. Total: 555
Blades (Son’s Team 3): Blade Gruts x3, Grimnak, Tornak, Ornak, Nerak, Death Reavers, Isamu. Total: 540

This matchup couldn't be more lopsided towards Dad. The 10th are murder on melee units, and Cap's 6D counterstrike is really gonna hurt, and the map is very range-friendly, especially for units with WTF. Grimnak has to Chomp Cap for the Orcs to even have a chance, but it won't be enough. BTW - this army is my pick to win it all. Dad rolls.

Arrows (Dad’s Team 4): Arrow Gruts x3, Wolves of Badru x2, Krug, Mimring. Total: 550
Team Kato (Son’s Team 1): Kato Katsuro, Harquebus x3, Yari x2, Raelin v1, Isamu. Total: 550

Mimring could really wreak some havoc in this game, but if the Ashigaru win initiative early, they'll have enough time to spread out. Ticalla Sunrise is open enough for Kato's LOS to be fine, as long as the Hive doesn't get in the way. I think their firepower is more than enough to take out this weak-defense army. I'm on Son in this one.

Game 12 @ Mole Hills
Snakes (Dad’s Team 8 ): Venoc Vipers x3, Venoc Warlord, Brave Arrow, Krav Maga, Sonlen. Total: 550
Elves (Son’s Team 4): Johrdawn, Ulginesh, Emirroon, Kyntela, Arkmer, Sylvaris, Marro Warriors. Total: 550

This is the most interesting matchup of the Elite 8. The Elves might have some issues with the Krav, and the Vipers are fast enough to close in. Brave Arrow is also strong against range as long as he doesn't get caught in the area effect of Jorhdawn's blast (he's OK if he's the target, but Concealment doesn't work if he's just "affected). A couple of Frenzies could really swing this one. I'm gonna go with Dad, as I really like the Vipers and Sonlen, but this one could be close.

The Battlefields are Prepared for Round 2

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 12th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

6-2!!!

Quote:
Game 9 @ Ticalla Sunrise
I'll take Dad's Stingers & Dividers in a tough one for a decent looking knight army. Not enough knights to overwhelm the dividers...

Quote:
Game 10 @ Mole Hills
Maybe with more Death Reavers I'd like Son's team to counter Dad's range, but I'll take Dad again. Son's hero units will be no match for Cap. For the record I don't like MarvelScape in my HeroScape...

Quote:
A good matchup for son. I'd like to see Team Kato roll again. As Killercactus said, Mimring could do some damage but otherwise this looks like a favorable matchup for the purple swarm.

Quote:
Game 12 @ Mole Hills
Dad. I'm going to keep betting against the elves until they lose.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:24 PM

Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness Nomad wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Round 2 Battle Summaries and Highlights

All Four Games End in Early Routes.
No close contests or 12th round tension-filled drama to report in the Elite Eight contests. So, here come some real brief highlights.

Game 9 @ Ticalla Sunrise

This match got out of hand early and ended in blowout. The Dividers took and held the glyph. The Stingers shot down the Knights and pecked away at the Viking Champions.

In the 7th round, Su-Bak-Na pounced on the last man standing for Son, a full-life Sir Gilbert. Rolling nine dice, Dad threw down eight skulls to put a convincing exclamation point on the battle that really wasn’t much of one.

Dad had 300 points of Marro left on the battlefield. Stingers are in the Final Four!

Game 10 @ Mole Hills

Dad grabbed the mole hill out front of his start zone with 10th and the Captain. Raelin flew in to provide extra coverage. Son sent in wave after wave of Gruts and their Champions.

Dad didn’t bother going after glyphs – the 10th was content to pick off Reavers and Blades when they landed on them. Grimnak got a few chomps in, but Orc bodies were strewn on the bloody fields. Dad was rolling 4 attacks of 5 with the 10th, turn after turn. When Son was able get close enough to attack, the 10th were rolling 7 dice each on defense.

Captain didn’t even get his hands dirty. In the 7th round, a couple of Redcoats hunted Isamu down to gain the victory. Dad had 362.5 points left. Son learned it is a good idea to have some ranged units or it could get ugly.

After Team Kato’s slaughtering of the Rocks in the first round, Dad came out with a strategy to deal with Mr. Katsuro . . . Mimring’s Gambit.

Two flights and Mimring was in range to Fire-line Kato in the back of Son’s start zone. Dad took out a whole row of Ashi, but couldn’t dent Kato. Dad got one more shot in before he was surrounded and poked by Yari. The Harquebus finished him off during the first turn of the second round.

The failed Mimring's Gambit

Son relentlessly pushed the Ashi in and quickly decimated the rest of the Arrow squad. It was just the 4th round when the smoked cleared and a triumphant cry echoed throughout Valhalla and the entire house. Son smote Dad and still had 365 points. Dad whined a little about it seeming like Son really had 8 rounds to play with, but he praised and congratulated his Son, for he really was happy for him.

Game 12 @ Mole Hills

This was the closest match in the Elite Eight, but it too ended early (8th round) with the victors having just over 200 points remaining.

Son set up the Elves on the mole hill in front of his start zone and then discarded Dad’s first wave of Vipers. Son decided to move the Elves in a little closer to Dad onto the next hill, but Emiroon was able to only summon one other elf. The Elves were divided . . .

The second wave of Vipers created some distractions and the Krav moved into range with height. Son couldn’t take out the Krav as Dad kept rolling at least one shield. Sonlen finally came out and joined the fray.

In the 6th round, Dad sent in his last two Vipers, pinned Uglinesh down and delivered a few wounds. The Krav finished him off on the next turn . . . Son lost two order markers and the game was essentially over.

Krav prepare to take out the last elf, Arkmer

Dad decides to let Son take the Snakes in the Final Four to even up the Squads.

Cactus and Daddyscaper, you both made perfect predictions. Thanks for playing.
Old March 14th, 2010, 04:42 PM

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

Niiiiiiiiiice!

9-3 baby! Great battles and reports!

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 14th, 2010, 08:29 PM

The Final Four

Blind draw for match-ups. Both battles will take place on Badru Valley.

Predict the winners . . . and tell me how to beat Team Kato.

Group shot of the Final Four contestants

Game 13 @ Badru Valley
Snakes (Son playing Dad’s hand-me-down Team 8 ): Venoc Vipers x3, Venoc Warlord, Brave Arrow, Krav Maga, Sonlen. Total: 550

Game 14 @ Badru Valley
Old March 14th, 2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
The Final Four

Group shot of the Final Four contestants

Game 13 @ Badru Valley
Snakes (Son playing Dad’s hand-me-down Team 8 ): Venoc Vipers x3, Venoc Warlord, Brave Arrow, Krav Maga, Sonlen. Total: 550

I'm going with Dad, though the Krav Maga could give this army some trouble. Without Raelin though, they'll whiff. Vipers don't like WTF squads or Counterstrike.

Game 14 @ Badru Valley

Badru Valley is another open map that Kato should be fine on. The Stingers thrive on killing units with big defense and few attacks - the exact opposite of what you're facing. This is pretty much a nightmare matchup for Stingers/Dividers. How do you beat Team Kato with this army? Pray. You're going to need to roll 16 or higher on Cell Divide about 80% of the time. Son rolls.
I don't think Kato + Ashigaru gets quite enough credit, especially nowadays, and especially with Raelin. They have some bad matchups (Q9, Airborne Elite, maybe Cyprien, etc), but with some luck can still beat them. The real problem for that army is Kato's line of sight. There are some tournament maps that make it really tough for him, but he hasn't had any problem maps so far in this tournament and hasn't faced any of his tough matchups.

Now, Cap + 10th backed by Raelin in the final will be much tougher. The Ashigaru will really need to kill what they shoot at, or the 10th will mow them down. Like I said before, Cap + 10th + Raelin for the win - it's a really great army.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

10-2

Quote:
Love this photo.

Quote:
Good to know there is another dad out there who will "help" his son by giving him enough support/resources to come out and, with slightly increased confidence, lose again. Nomad, you make me feel better about myself. Dad in a rout.

Quote:
Toughest matchup yet for Team Purple.

Too many attacks for the Dividers to handle and the Stingers only get 3 shots per OM, so I'll go with son in a close one.

= =
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:21 AM

Daddyscaper knows he's ahead of me by one game, so he's just copying my picks to ensure he wins.

KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
Daddyscaper knows he's ahead of me by one game, so he's just copying my picks to ensure he wins.
I don't think anyone who has read my own battle reports will think I am that clever, KC.

= =
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:52 PM

Marro Divider #4 is surprisingly tart

I say son on both- the viper and yari armies seem way better.

I need to do a father-son scape tourney sometime (but maybe 4 armies each at 600 points...)

Tournament record 3-0

Check out my Customs

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports