Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 18th, 2007, 01:09 AM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker
Catan

Yes I finally picked me up a copy of the old Settlers. I was shopping in the mall with the wife when I noticed a Calendar shop had som Axis and allies games.

I decided to investigate and right above them I see a copy of Settlers. I've been wanting to pick up a copy for years now so I flipped the box over and saw the price tag. 45 bucks. Now dont get me wrong but I just didn't feel like spending that kind of money on a board game at the moment.

The little lady behind the counter saw us at this point and decided to tell us that all the calendars were 75% off. I jokingly asked if there were any discounts on the games and she said sure they are all 50% off!!

Needless to say I went right back to the shelf and grabbed my copy of Catan.

Funny enough she said I was the second person to come in and purchase that game that seemed to be pretty excited about it. She even went as far as to walk over to the shelf grab the last box of Catan left, and proclaim that if we said it was that good, then she wanted to try it for herself.

If only they sold Heroscape.....

Mississippi boy in Ohio valley group.. Hell why not!
Ohio Valley Assoication of Heroscapers

Old January 18th, 2007, 10:54 AM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I picked up Ticket to Ride the same way. It was only 25% off, but I didn't want to take the chance of missing it. I've been meaning to go back and see if there's anything else I want now that they're probably at least 50% off.
Old January 18th, 2007, 12:40 PM

KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker KingArthur1976 knows what's in an order marker
Yeah I'm seriously considering going back to pick up all three of the Axis and Allies games they had.

They had the orginal, Battle of the Bulge and one other.

For 50% off you just can't beat it.

Old January 20th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ah, we love Settlers here. I've got to get around to taking and posting pictures of our Super cool 3D 10th anniversary set one of these days...

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 20th, 2007, 12:21 AM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
I finally got the 5-6 player expansion for Christmas. My family loves Settlers, and now we can all play at once. This should keep me happy for a long while, but when I get the itch again I think I'll try Seafarers.
Old January 20th, 2007, 02:47 AM

Have any of you ever played two player? Right now its just me and my wife and I dont know if it would even be worth wild without at least a third.

Old January 20th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
It's OK with two players, but it is much more betterer* with three or more. With only two, you aren't really trading with the other player as much as giving them something they need to beat you.

Jim

* = I know, it is definately not correct, but it gets my point across.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 20th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Playing Settlers of Catan with only 2 players is not playing Settlers of Catan.
Old January 21st, 2007, 04:57 AM

Dragonslayer is surprisingly tart
What nether said. And get Cities and Knights if you can - you haven't really played Catan until you played it with Cities and Knights.

Old January 22nd, 2007, 08:48 PM

auralerogeny is surprisingly tart
I've got Cities and Knights, but no-one to play it with. When I got it, everyone in my family tried it out, and quickly decided they liked regular Catan the best. This irks me, because plain old Catan gets rather boring to me. It's my dad's favorite game, and he bugs us to play it every time we get together, and I always win. I play about once every 4 months or so, he plays once every couple of weeks.

If I play at all anymore, I play with the Seafarers Expansion. This makes the game more tolerable to me.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression, which I'm sure you have. I like Catan, a lot. But it was all I played for a long while, and it is very old to me now. I own the core game, the 5-6 player expansion, Seafarers, the two player card game, Cities and Knights, and even bought the online game so I could play by myself.

If my family would play Cities and Knights, I'd probably play more often. But dad only wants to play Catan, and after 3 years of playing it I finally got him to stop setting up the "example" boards. I just got tired of it. He'd make sure that the numbers were exactly used in sequence from A-Z every time, every board was always the same exact overall shape, it was BORING! He didn't want to even include Seafarers, which adds all of about 2 rules to the additional game. Citites and Knights I can somewhat understand, because that essentially doubles the complexity of the game.

Then I found Heroscape...and mom is hooked!

Click to see more...
Old January 22nd, 2007, 09:31 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralerogeny
I've got Cities and Knights, but no-one to play it with. ... even bought the online game so I could play by myself.
www.games.asobrain.com has Settlers (called Xplorers there) and Carcassonne (again renamed - Toulouse).
Old January 22nd, 2007, 09:44 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
Bah, Settlers is plenty fun with 2 people. Yeah, it's much more fun with 3+, but it's very playable and fun with just 2 people.

smallboxgames.com

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games