Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old March 6th, 2015, 04:40 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Post

What about something along the lines of revealing an X marker and taking an additional turn with her with a reduction of -1 to defense for the rest of the round?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 6th, 2015, 04:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Added a suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
Instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 4 combat dice. For each shieldrolled, choose one of the following:
- Remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.
- Choose a figure with the species of Android or Artificial Intelligence or a Destructible Object within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and place or remove a Wound Marker on that card.
- Choose a figure and remove a glyph from the chosen figures army card.
- Choose a terrain type. Until the start of your next turn, the space Firestorm occupies and all spaces within two spaces of Firestorm are considered the chosen terrain type instead of any other terrain type.
I missed this earlier...I like the idea but it would only be a defensive use if it only last until the start of your next turn unless we add "you may then attack with a normal attack"

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 6th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Quote:
Added a suggestion.

Quote:

FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
Instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 4 combat dice. For each shieldrolled, choose one of the following:
- Choose a figure with the species of Android or Artificial Intelligence or a Destructible Object within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm and place or remove a Wound Marker on that card.
- Choose a terrain type. Until the start of your next turn, the space Firestorm occupies and all spaces within two spaces of Firestorm are considered the chosen terrain type instead of any other terrain type.
I missed this earlier...I like the idea but it would only be a defensive use if it only last until the start of your next turn unless we add "you may then attack with a normal attack"
If you're feeling suicidal, lava field or molten lava would both have more offensive uses with that build. We could make it "until the start of the next round," possibly, to increase utility, but that might be a bit to remember. It would be nice to be able to use it to boost terrain-specific allies and to remove terrain bonuses for the purposes of offense.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2015, 06:12 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Added a suggestion.

Quote:

FIRESTORM MATRIX 4
If you're feeling suicidal, lava field or molten lava would both have more offensive uses with that build. We could make it "until the start of the next round," possibly, to increase utility, but that might be a bit to remember. It would be nice to be able to use it to boost terrain-specific allies and to remove terrain bonuses for the purposes of offense.
He does have lava resistance...haha. But yeah this is my goal...

Old March 6th, 2015, 06:17 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good thing it's "Instead of taking a turn" with him, then, or hot lava death would be way too easy to set up. As is, might want to restrict it to any type of land tile anyway (though that'd also cut out water and shadow, which would be a bummer). Maybe restricting it to all spaces within one space of him could help that be competitively viable?

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 6th, 2015, 06:22 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Good thing it's "Instead of taking a turn" with him, then, or hot lava death would be way too easy to set up. As is, might want to restrict it to any type of land tile anyway (though that'd also cut out water and shadow, which would be a bummer). Maybe restricting it to all spaces within one space of him could help that be competitively viable?
Lava is the main reason I am having trouble with this...

I would like to turn sand to water specifically for the Sandman example...but turning asphalt to grass would be handy against several figures.

Old March 6th, 2015, 06:26 PM

Well, sticking with just land terrain could still let you change sand into something that doesn't boost Sandman. And it wouldn't steal Tempest's thunder as a water provider, I suppose (or Magma's as a hot lava death provider). Did the Heroes ever change the molten lava rules to make them less competitively punishing?

Old March 6th, 2015, 06:28 PM

- Choose a type of land terrain. Until either the start of the next round or the next time you use this special power, the space Firestorm occupies and all spaces within one space of Firestorm are considered the chosen terrain type instead of any other terrain type.

Old March 6th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = Ripper
SECRET IDENTITY= Rupert Giles

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = PUNK
PERSONALITY = REBELLIOUS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

RECKLESS WATCHER DROP-OUT
If Ripper is not adjacent to any friendly figures and is engaged with at least one enemy Undead or Demon figure, add 1 die to his normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense.

MAGICAL APTITUDE
Ripper rolls one additional die when attacking or defending against a figure with the Magical Defense special power.

PLAYING WITH FIRE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of attacking with Ripper, you may roll the 20-sided die.
  • If you roll 1-5, Ripper is considered to have a Species of Demon instead of what is listed on this card and cannot use any special powers on this card for the remainder of the game.
  • If you roll 6-10, nothing happens.
  • If you roll 11 or higher, you must immediately roll an unblockable attack die against up to three figures adjacent to Ripper, one at a time.

Alright, I'm trying to tone him down some, and steer this design away from the powers that fit old Giles better than ripper. How's this?

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old March 6th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Quote:
What about something along the lines of revealing an X marker and taking an additional turn with her with a reduction of -1 to defense for the rest of the round?
Ooh, I like that idea! I think I'd limit it to an additional attack to cut down on her threat range and make Hypersonic Flying more useful, but allow her to use it for the rest of the round. Something like this:
RECKLESS OVEREXTEND
Before taking a turn with Captain Marvel, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker on this card. While there is a revealed "X" Order Marker on this card, Captain Marvel rolls 2 fewer Defense dice, and after attacking with Captain Marvel, she may attack one additional time.
This paired with The Best Defense and Hypersonic Flying would make for a very fun design with some tension. Also it would make her a great option for Cap and Star-Lord builds.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old March 6th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I like that.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old March 6th, 2015, 09:18 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Guardians of the Galaxy set.
Its model number and name are #019a, #207 / Captain Marvel.

[redacted]

So incorporating the japes/Viegon suggestion, that leaves us here. Really liking that power; it puts a little more focus on her normal attack, and I think she'll wind up at a good price point.

Last edited by Ronin; April 25th, 2016 at 09:51 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy