Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old September 17th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Speculation has proven that I don't understand one of those two words

Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker Pickledpie knows what's in an order marker
Re: AliasQTip's Exclusive Battlefields

First post!
I can't wait to use Cyprien with Nunchaku and Jotun with brass knuckles.
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:31 AM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickledpie View Post
First post!
I can't wait to use Cyprien with Nunchaku and Jotun with brass knuckles.
After you get a game in, Picklepie, give us a report back here. I'd love to hear how it went. Thanks.
Old September 18th, 2009, 09:45 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I have a question on Quantum Entanglement: Can you swap one of your figs with an opponent's figure, or does it have to be one of your own figures?

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old September 18th, 2009, 01:39 PM

AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla AliasQTip is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorthan313 View Post
I have a question on Quantum Entanglement: Can you swap one of your figs with an opponent's figure, or does it have to be one of your own figures?
Anybody's fair game. The leaving figure, however, does not receive disengagement attacks.
Old September 18th, 2009, 03:47 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasQTip View Post
Quote:
Anybody's fair game. The leaving figure, however, does not receive disengagement attacks.

Nice. And I used the swapping figs rule to pull NGS out of an engagement with some 4th, and replace him with Thanos, who proceded to blast the offending 4th into the afterlife!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old September 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Nice. And I used the swapping figs rule to pull NGS out of an engagement with some 4th, and replace him with Thanos, who proceded to blast the offending 4th into the afterlife!
Nice move. With Quantum Entanglement you've got to think 4th dimensionally. You can setup an engagement and before your opponent is even aware of it - ZAP! Suddenly, their surrounded by Samurai!
Old September 18th, 2009, 06:23 PM

Several people asked for a template for my Custom Weapon Cards so I've made it available for anybody who's interested. If you make some cool new weapons please let me know. Enjoy.

Old October 2nd, 2009, 09:40 PM

NEWSFLASH: AliasQTip spotted in Deutschland.

Today I came across a German HeroScape fan-page that I found quite interesting. Apparently some of my maps/scenarios have inspired a German 'Scaper by the name of Hoppel Eisenbeiß. The most popular maps to modify? Baley Inferno and Secret Bases. Along with myself, I also spotted the names of a few other well-known cartographers: Caravaggio, Ch1can0, Dignan, and TOG to name a few.

Here's the link: Heroscape-Fanseite der Gefährten des Hoppel Eisenbeiß.
Old November 4th, 2009, 07:55 PM

It's been a while since I've done any map design work. I've been very busy working on the 2010 HeroScape Calendar Project. By the way, if you haven't submitted your artwork, photos, nominations for Map of the Month, etc. please drop in and put in your . I've also been working on a secret project. Very hush, hush; Top Secret. More details to come on that later though.

While looking through my old blog entries to see if anyone had made any additional comments that I hadn't caught (None. ) I came across some mountain maps that I had never fully finished. My wife and I hammered away on this one for several hours of strenuous playtesting until it was perfect.

I came up with a fantastic idea of changing weather patterns which make the map really interesting. You roll a d20 to determine what the weather will be on the mountain at the start of the round, before order markers are placed. Possible conditions are: Fair, High Winds (no flying), Freezing Rain (Slippery Ice), Heavy Snowfall (Heavy Snow), and a Devastating Blizzard. The Blizzard is a reworking of an old favorite: Shower of Frozen Shards.

My wife came up with a fantastic idea, melting the Glacier Mountains after two Fair-Weather rounds. The Glacier Mountains were serious LOS blockers and created tight bottlenecks. Having the off chance that they should suddenly disappear makes for a really great surprise. Enjoy, and please post your comments. I love to hear from you.

NEW! Snowy Mountain Pass Battlfield

There is a secret and well guarded corridor through the high mountains of Southern Nastralund, near the Great City of Valgrind. This treacherous passageway is the only way to avoid the natural bottleneck at Stechavan formed by the surrounding mountains.

Required Sets: Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set and Thalenk Tundra.
Footprint: 47" x 10"

Last edited by AliasQTip; November 4th, 2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old November 9th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sujoah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

And I rise from the dead, like a zombie on Halloween night.

Spoiler Alert!

An easier way to say that: I'm back again!

All of the new maps look amazing! I'm getting ready to build Snowy Mountain Pass right now! Can't wait to play on it! (If you can't tell, I'm really excited right now.)
Old November 10th, 2009, 12:16 PM

Welcome back, Sujoah! It's good to see your enthusiasm. I think you're going to enjoy Snowy Mountain Pass. Watch out for the bottlenecks; they can easily catch you at a disadvantage.
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:41 PM

Okay, friends. Finally got this one ready for release. The wife and I had a good time playtesting this map. We tried out a variety of scenarios on it and came up with two that worked really well and kept things interesting. We also tried a few that didn't work out so great. (Six self-replicating Fyorlag Spiders can be a bit much.) However, this map might lend itself to a good game of Catch the Piggy.

Although quite flat, the map is well balanced. The thick vegetation on the map is the perfect stomping ground for the new Quasatch Hunters. In fact, I almost called it Quasatch Valley. (I gotta get me some more of those guys!) I hope you enjoy the map and please let me know what you think!

NEW! Deep Jungle Battlefield

The most treacherous stretch of the Ticalla Jungle contains a host of dangers: the shadowy jungle canopy, thick vegetation and choking vines, a murky stench-filled quagmire. And last, but not least – the enemy.

Required Sets: Swarm of the Marro Master Set and Ticalla Jungle (x2)
Footprint: 47" x 22"

File contains TWO Scenarios: Tor-Kul-Na's Grotto and Jungle Boogie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios