Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 16th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod
heh. The "mistress" excuse is a bit extreme. My favorite one is much simpler:

"Hey, honey, I could spend $200 on a set of golf clubs, plus $40 every single time I decide to play for 'green fees'... or I could spend much less on some Heroscape stuff that I and my friends and our kids will enjoy over and over for years to come."
I don't actually use the mistress one, of course. But I do compare my modest HS costs to that of a friend of ours who is really into R/C aircraft. He drops over a thosand dollars on one very nice plane!
Old August 16th, 2006, 09:33 PM

Nightmare has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by YagyuNinja
Notice I said I can accept. Not I can afford. Until Hasbro starts discontinuing waves or older expansions, I don't mind them producing as much as possible. I haven't caught up either, but I love constantly having new stuff on the horizon!
Ah. Well which of the old sets do you not have? Because I would be willing to trade with you if you have Thaelnek Tundras in your area...

2006 Sets Accomplishment Bars:
ZANAFOR'S DISCOVERY[I, II, III, IV/IV] THAELNEK TUNDRA[/I] RAKNAR'S VISION[I/I], FORTRESS OF THE ARCHKYRIE[I/I], THORA'S VENGEANCE [I, II, III, IV/IV], SIR HAWTHORNE'S ARRIVAL [I/I], CREST OF THE VALKYRIE [/V]
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:32 PM

brokeasajoke has disabled reputation
Hmmm, I remember back to my old guitar days. I think I owned something like 8 guitars & 3 amps. No guitar worth owning retails for less than $400. Thousands of dollars...

Suddenly, Heroscape doesn't look that bad!
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:52 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Why does everyone keep saying October for Wave Six? Did anyone who was actually at Gencon hear that? I was told October for Flagbearers, like the sign in the case said, but later for Wave Six....one staffer said "by Christmas...over the holiday season." To me that means November, maybe even early December....when folks do their Christmas shopping between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. Was I just flat out lied too or are you all just assuming flagbearers and six are coming at the same time for some reason?
Old August 16th, 2006, 11:10 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
Why does everyone keep saying October for Wave Six? Did anyone who was actually at Gencon hear that? I was told October for Flagbearers, like the sign in the case said, but later for Wave Six....one staffer said "by Christmas...over the holiday season." To me that means November, maybe even early December....when folks do their Christmas shopping between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. Was I just flat out lied too or are you all just assuming flagbearers and six are coming at the same time for some reason?
I don't know who said October, but Craig himself told me " before Christmas.". So who knows
Old August 20th, 2006, 08:50 AM

Nightmare has disabled reputation
Well, Hasbro can keep them coming, I just had my 15th birthday on Friday, so I scored oodles of cash. Therefore, Sir Hawthorne is getting "Buy it Now"ed, Thaelnek Tundra is being ordered from the official site whenever it suddenly becomes in stock, and the Castle Set... I don't know, but I should get that one soon. Wave 5 isn't available anywhere that I know of at the moment besides eBay... and I'd rather keep eBay only for exclusives.
So... basically I'm set. I can't wait because now I don't have to worry about everything.
Do you think anything else is coming out this year after Wave 6?

2006 Sets Accomplishment Bars:
ZANAFOR'S DISCOVERY[I, II, III, IV/IV] THAELNEK TUNDRA[/I] RAKNAR'S VISION[I/I], FORTRESS OF THE ARCHKYRIE[I/I], THORA'S VENGEANCE [I, II, III, IV/IV], SIR HAWTHORNE'S ARRIVAL [I/I], CREST OF THE VALKYRIE [/V]
Old August 9th, 2023, 01:44 PM

Vecna is surprisingly tart
Re: Why Hasbro Needs to Slow Down Releases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Alright. I am a Heroscape Collector. I collect one of each set, and if I can I buy more for extra gameplay. I have every single set and exclusive other than Thaelnek Tundra, Fortress of the Archyrie, and Sir Hawthorne(then again, who DOES have Sir Hawthorne yet?) So I factored in the prices of everything I do NOT have yet... except I used the prices from the online store in case my town doesn't have what I'm looking for(since it never does). So I used the worst case scenario of having to buy Sir Hawthorne on eBay, and having to buy everything online. So Sir Hawthorne, Thaelnek Tundra, Fortress of the Archyrie, all of Thora's Vengeance, all five of the Flag Bearers (again, worst case, assuming that they are all packaged seperately), all of Wave 6... and that's all we know of so far this year (I already have Raknar's Vision and all of Zanafor's Discovery). So... I added all of the worst case scenario prices together... and I was shocked. Since I'm too young to have a job (I turn 15 on Friday) I only get an allowance... and I occaisionally sell things. Anyway... 284 dollars all together(at most). HOLY CRAP.
Seriously... I think Hasbro rushes things... oh well.
Comments, suggestions?
And now $284 could not even get you close to all of this content. When Renegade starts to bring HeroScape, if you can afford it, collect now. . . you never know when HeroScape could end again.
Old August 9th, 2023, 04:10 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Looking back now, this thread is so ironic, as the end of Heroscape came not too much later after it. They slowed down those releases alright!
Old August 11th, 2023, 10:40 PM

ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness ThrasherDarkrai wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Except it isn't very ironic? The last post in this thread prior to Vecna's was August 2006 (hey, pretty much exactly seventeen years ago!), at which point "the end of Heroscape" was still very, very far away. To give you an idea, Thora's Vengeance (better known as Wave 5) and Fortress of the Arch-Kyrie had just released, and the Flagbearers would hit Toys R'Us shelves just two months later, followed by Wave 6 in December. New wave releases would slow down significantly from 2007 onward, but even 2007 saw the release of both the Marvel set and Swarm of the Marro, meaning that there was still plenty of new content being released. That's not even mentioning the fact that the game had only been out for two years by the time the final post in this thread (prior to Vecna's necro) had been made; Heroscape hadn't even hit the half-way point in its lifespan yet!

I will admit, though, that releases definitely started slowing down after 2006; from 2007 onwards, only one wave was released annually, a pattern which continued until the D&D stuff was all released in a single year (in 2010). So you'd be technically correct to say that releases would start slowing down - by a lot - but I also don't think there was any way Heroscape would stick to the rapid release schedule of its first two years, which witnessed six small expansions; two large hero expansions; and four different terrain packs all hit store shelves in the span of two years. That set a pace that I think would be much harder to replicate today (and certainly extremely difficult in the exact format as the classic Scape releases). If anything, it's somewhat surprising we got all the D&D stuff so quickly!

The user formerly known as Bloody the Marro Stinger!
Old August 12th, 2023, 03:36 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

So Retitle the thread "Why Renegade Needs To Speed Up Releases!"
Old August 12th, 2023, 01:56 PM

Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker Manatee knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherDarkrai View Post
Except it isn't very ironic? The last post in this thread prior to Vecna's was August 2006 (hey, pretty much exactly seventeen years ago!), at which point "the end of Heroscape" was still very, very far away. To give you an idea, Thora's Vengeance (better known as Wave 5) and Fortress of the Arch-Kyrie had just released, and the Flagbearers would hit Toys R'Us shelves just two months later, followed by Wave 6 in December. New wave releases would slow down significantly from 2007 onward, but even 2007 saw the release of both the Marvel set and Swarm of the Marro, meaning that there was still plenty of new content being released. That's not even mentioning the fact that the game had only been out for two years by the time the final post in this thread (prior to Vecna's necro) had been made; Heroscape hadn't even hit the half-way point in its lifespan yet!

I will admit, though, that releases definitely started slowing down after 2006; from 2007 onwards, only one wave was released annually, a pattern which continued until the D&D stuff was all released in a single year (in 2010). So you'd be technically correct to say that releases would start slowing down - by a lot - but I also don't think there was any way Heroscape would stick to the rapid release schedule of its first two years, which witnessed six small expansions; two large hero expansions; and four different terrain packs all hit store shelves in the span of two years. That set a pace that I think would be much harder to replicate today (and certainly extremely difficult in the exact format as the classic Scape releases). If anything, it's somewhat surprising we got all the D&D stuff so quickly!
So...I was right?
Old August 12th, 2023, 09:39 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Holy Necro Batman

GAME OVER Moon Pie!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion