Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM

fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker
Fish's custom unit thread Kaito 8/19/15

Hello all! This is my custom units thread any feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Aquilla:
Spoiler Alert!

Vydar:
Spoiler Alert!
Jandar:
Spoiler Alert!
Einar:
Spoiler Alert!

Star Wars:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by fishguy1; March 21st, 2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old June 14th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Fish's custom unit thread

Neat design. For the Flashbang power, I'd recommend a wording change:

If Kyle Ghastman inflicts at least 1 wound on a unique hero with Flashbang Special Attack, that figure no longer has clear sight on any figures for the rest of this round.

That is a pretty cool mechanic, stopping Raelin and range for a round.
Old June 14th, 2012, 05:32 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

A zombie survival man is a cool theme, but all of three powers have unofficial wording. Arch-vile took care of Flashbang, which is a nifty power by the way.

Zombie Survival(ist) <-Adding the -ist sounds better to me.
Kyle Ghastman rolls 3 additional defense dice when defending against an undead figure.

Or you could switch it to one automatic shield, if you wanted, which is about equal to 3 defense dice:

Zombie Survival(ist)
When Kyle Ghastman rolls defense dice against an undead figure, add one automatic sheild to whatever is rolled.

And Knife Stab can be changed to:

Melee Attack 2
When Kyle Ghastman attacks an adjacent figure with his normal attack, he may roll two additional attack dice.

He is a cool unit. He has a niche power for undead units, which doesn't help too often competitively; perhaps Phantom Knights. Melee Attack 2 gives him a punch with 5 attack dice. Flash Bang is where his usefulness comes in; I suggest bumping his attack for Flash Bang to 3 and he could target a unique hero with a dangerous ranged attack (Q9, Kaemon Awa, Hydra, Dragons, etc.) and effectively disable it in the first OM of the round. I also suggest changing his range to 5 and move to 5 or 6 to give him more mobility. Due to his low survivability (ironic) and only one attack per turn, I would price him somewhere from 60 to 80 with the suggested changes. on theme.

Never draw fire; it irritates everyone around you.
~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:13 PM

fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker fishguy1 knows what's in an order marker

thanks for the feedback! but I don't think I could fit much more text, anyone know what font size they use off the top of there head? I've also added Jaden Korr to my customs.
Old June 14th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

The cards vary on sizing, depending on the amount of text. I am not sure what the standard is though. If you aren't using a Mac, MSE is a great easy way to make cards.

Very cool Jaden Korr, he is one of my favorite Star Wars EU characters. I don't think he uses a double sided lightsaber, but he may in the game. (I have only read Kemp's novels). The card looks pretty good, just some more wording issues:

Add: "Roll each attack seperately" to SaberStaff Kata

Force Protect
Instead of attacking, you may place a Protection marker on this Army Card. For each Protection marker on this Army Card, Jaden adds 1 to his printed defense Stat. At the end of each round, remove all Protection markers from this Army Card.

Points I would say 110 to be on the safe side, though 100 would probably be okay. He is basically Master Woo without the monk boost.
Old June 14th, 2012, 10:29 PM

Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker Ace_of_Spades knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy1 View Post
thanks for the feedback! but I don't think I could fit much more text, anyone know what font size they use off the top of there head? I've also added Jaden Korr to my customs.
I use Adobe Photoshop and the font is anywhere from 6-7 depending on how much text there is. I'm sure it varies by program, but you can definitely lower the font size a notch or two for your customs' special powers text.

~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:40 PM

Re: Fish's custom unit thread Jagmor added!

Does anyone know how to put spoilers around text? I was going to give bios to these guys.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like what you're getting at with Jagmore, but as it currently stands, he can bond with Ulginesh, which is not good. I would add a size restriction, like Small or Medium only.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy1 View Post

Jagmor's Lightning Blast Special Attack does not have any stats and because he can't use it against other Wizards and Mages means he will almost always lose to a potential Understudy. If you wanted, you could change it to affect multiple figures somehow.

You need the phrase, "if it is still under your control", in Understudy Bonding (from the Greenscale's card). Actually, you should mold the entire Understudy mechanic to match the Lizard King wording. There are also several mistakes in spelling and grammar on the card, that should be fixed before you post these.

~Murphy's Laws of Combat
Old July 28th, 2012, 12:10 PM

I didn't even notice that he didn't have lightning stats until I used him for the first time on friday. I also thought bonding with Ulginesh was a problem so I added a size restriction to Jagmor's understudy.

Last edited by fishguy1; November 10th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:08 AM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

Nice customs, the wording on the Jagmor card is still a little rough. for flow and standard wording I might update Jagmor Understudy ability to read:
At the beginning of the game select one wizard or mage figure to be an Understudy. When an order marker is reveled on this card you may take a turn with the Understudy before taking a turn with Jagmor.

Unless you plan to be able to use multiple understudies.
Also on Lightning Blast you may want to put at the bottom whether or not Jagmor is affected by his own lightning blast (see cards like Deathwalker 9000 and Zelrig)

Last edited by wolfeman1968; August 3rd, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Fish's custom unit thread Jarek Guy added!

I suggest you consider the pack that this figure is from, or other MechWarrior packs for Jarek Guy. Also, make sure you do some playtesting with him.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards