Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old July 6th, 2007, 10:09 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Chimpy, Chimpy, Chimpy. You and your monkies.
I take offense to that. They are apes.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:10 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Chimpy, Chimpy, Chimpy. You and your monkies.
I take offense to that. They are apes.
Whatever you say...
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:42 PM

Mycophycophyta Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Templar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycophycophyta
This is seriously one of the best Heroscape fics i have read. It gives Einar, my favorite general, more dignity. Plus you have also do have writing skills and are exhibiting it just like you did with your last fic.
Darconus has two others awesome fan fictions called the Fall of Valhalla and The Trials of Syvarris, check the index for links
I have already read The Fall of Valhalla, that is what I was referring to as " your last fic", and after this post I will start reading The Trials of Syvarris.

EDIT: I finished

Old July 17th, 2007, 09:05 PM

Darconus has disabled reputation
Chapter Seven: Laglor Unleashed

Urbis Vydar, City of the General Vydar

Laglor pushed his way through the dense vegetation, brushing aside tree limbs and vines that would've bogged down any other traveler. The Vydar flag-bearer had only one thought: Go to Urbis Vydar, city of the General.

The terrain leading to the city was rough. For over twenty miles, in any direction from the city, was a nearly impenetrable jungle. Only experienced followers of Vydar could complete the journey. Once a follower of Vydar reached Urbis Vydar, they rarely left, so great was the majesty of their capital. Laglor had always thought that a rumor.

As he brushed aside a clump of vines, he was greeted with a beautiful, terrifying sight. He had never seen the city of the General before, and he was almost overwhelmed.

Towering above the eighty-foot tall trees were metallic spires, their window panes glistening in the early morning light. Bright, flashing lights emitted a rythmic pulse from atop the tallest towers. The trees bordered the city on only two sides. Immediately in front of Laglor was a series of smaller building, each edifice growing taller as it approached the city's center.

Lights rode up and down the sides of the taller towers, and it took the flag-bearer a moment to realize that they were elevators. He focused intensely with his mechanical eye, a talent he had only recently mastered, and realized that there were dozens of people in each elevator. With the knowledge, Laglor realized that the towers were not just hundreds of feet tall, they were thousands. The roads that ran between the towers were not small, they were massive, the scope of the city was beyond anything Valhalla had to offer.

A smile crossed his deformed Alphallon face. He understood that this was his city. Odin had given him control of the army. Vydar, the General, had been evicted.

As Laglor walked down the middle of one of Urbis Vyadr's massive avenues, the inhabitants of the city froze in wonder. The flag-bearer had come.

A crowd was gathering a few paces behind him as he plodded toward the center of the city. The tallest tower rose before him, a monolith celebrating the grandeur of Vydar, whom he had come to replace.

The shadows cast by the building around him kept this inner recess of the city in twilight. Laglor stopped in front of a fountain. Within the water was some form of lighting that changed color every few seconds.

"Most of you know why I am here. Odin has tasked me with creating a strong army for Vydar. In doing so, he has given me reign over Vydar until the task is complete."

A murmur rose in the crowd. Laglor dismissed it, "I know that giving in to the rule of someone other than General Vydar will be demanding. Order will be easily achieved. Every general has been given a flag-bearer. The Battle for All Time begins."

To Be Continued....
Old July 21st, 2007, 01:44 PM

Chapter Seven continued…

A group of men in black suits began to encircle Laglor. The flag-bearer had put up no fight, nor did he intend to, unless so threatened.

The first man in black, a dark-skinned, tall man with a sheathed sword on his back, approached. His brown eyes reflected Laglor’s deformed visage. “Alphallon, you are ordered to stand down and come with us.”

Disapproval played across the flag-bearer’s face, “No, human. I will not go.”

The man smirked and quickly pulled his sword. Before he could even swing, Laglor was on him. The man tried to pry his sword from the flag-bearer’s grip, but Laglor’s strength overpowered him. The man began to punch and kick, hoping to connect with any blow.

Laglor blocked each punch. He threw the man to the ground, and then into the fountain. The fight was brief, but violent. By the end, the man in black was bleeding badly from the face; his eyes had been gouged in the chaos. Laglor stood over him, “You must be healed, because you are useful to me.”

Laglor rode up the elevator that scaled the eastward face of the tallest tower. Across his left shoulder he carried the beaten man. The bell chimed, announcing their arrival at the highest floor.

As the door opened, Laglor took in a scene of pure mechanistic ambience. The room was huge, Laglor could not tell if the walls had been painted a metallic gray, or if it was indeed the metal showing. Along the opposite wall from the elevator, towering over the three rows of benches before it, stood a massive computer emitting a low frequency hum. A single screen glowed in the dimness.

Laglor approached the screen, and as he did the Vydar army symbol appeared in bright red. It began to shift color as a voice spoke, “You come before me, Alphallon?”

Laglor carefully laid the body before the computer, “I do.”

“There was no need,” the voice stated, “to harm my favorite agent as you did. Agent Carr is now blind. He is healed, but he will forever be blind.”

As the agent, Carr, stood up a metallic band materialized around his eyes, and he could see again, “Hey, why is the monkey still here?”

Laglor bowed, “I apologize for the damage I inflicted on you, but you left me no option.”

Carr nodded, “I would’ve killed you…”

The voice on the computer spoke, “No, Carr, Laglor would have left you in pieces. He is the chosen one of Odin.”

To Be Continued…
Old August 10th, 2007, 12:49 AM

EINARS follower has disabled reputation
Need new chapter.
Old August 24th, 2007, 09:24 PM

Chapter Seven concluded

Carr frowned in disbelief, "Odin chose this thing to bear our flag?"

Laglor stifled his own anger, "I brought you to be healed, Agent Carr, because you are useful. Odin has selected a follower of each general to bear the flag. It was not who I would have thought. An orc bears Utgar's flag."

Carr ran a finger along the top of his visor, "An orc? Heh, who bears Ullar's flag, a squirrel?"

The Alphallon growled, "No, an elf. A knight for Jandar, and myself for Vydar."

"What about Einar?"

Laglor glanced back at the computer screen, "Einar will be trouble. Their flag-bearer, Hatamato Taro, is essentially emperor. He commands the loyalty of all Einar. They have already beaten back a legion of Utgar's best."

The computer-voice spoke, interrupting both warriors, "I have just seen Grímnismál destroyed. Many more Utgar followers are dead. Some survive, but all are injured."

Laglor studied the floor, "We have to gather our own forces and move on the Einar borders. We do not attack, but we move in close, let them know we are to be reckoned with."

The computer-voice changed, "Laglor, you have known from the beginning that I am Vydar. Yet, you have bowed to Carr and not me. Why?"

Laglor smiled, "Simple. Carr fought me. You have been nothing but a ghost for these thousands of years. I would rather follow another being than the remnant of one."

Carr rapidly drew his sword and placed it at Laglor's throat, "You blaspheme."

Laglor glared at the Agent, "What have you seen any of the generals do? They are vapor. I say we shouldn't conform to them. We should be our own people." With that he took the sword from Carr's hand and stabbed the screen, "We choose our destiny, not some ghost."

End of Chapter Seven
Next: Chapter Eight: Repentant Warlord
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:14 AM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Ooh. I have a feeling Laglor will regret this sooner or later.
Old September 1st, 2007, 10:41 AM

Chapter Eight: Repentant Warlord

Valguard stood motionless, the wind blowing his cape. He clasped his monstrous left hand in his right, feeling power coursing through his veins. Hatamato Taro had ordered the whole of Einar to attack Valhalla.

Valguard was ignoring the order. He sought peace, for a change. He had fought for countless years under the Valhalla sun, and he had died, only to be resurrected by a captive Kelda. Now all he had was a simple castle, small when compared to the castle of Weston, but it was his.

And Hatamator Taro wanted it. Taro wanted everything. Something had changed the Einar leader, had driven him to the cusp of madness. Valguard knew that the time was coming when he would have to own up to his disobedience, but that time was not yet.

"Lord Valguard, we have news."

The warlord turned to face the young man, he was a rogue Izumi, a rarity, an enigma among Einar, "What?"

"We have learned that the city of the Sacred Gate is destroyed."

"Destroyed?"

"Yes," the samurai said, "from all reports Utgar has demolished the City. Empress Kiova states that they sought to raise King Charos from the dead."

Valguard turned back to study the horizon, "Iterum Natu? I would never have thought Utgar so foolish."

The Izumi continued, "We have also learned that Concan is believed to be dead in the attack."

Valguard exhaled loudly, "Utgar presses their advantage, Hatamato Taro grows mad with power, Ullar remains silent, Jandar quietly marshalls his forces, and Vydar has all but disappeared. War is coming to Einar. Lord Taro's fall will be swift."

To Be Continued...
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:27 PM

Mycophycophyta Woo who?
Good chapter. I knew Valguard would eventually turn against Einar.

Old September 6th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Chapter Eight cont.

Valgaurd and the Izumi sat in the throne room, looking over a map of Valhalla.

"Here," Valguard said, his human hand pointing the Einar border, "is where Utgar's forces were defeated. The city of the Sacred Gate is fallen, or so say the Imperium warriors. Nothing remains. Vydar gathers his forces in the jungles of the south. Ullar and Jandar are waiting in the east, keeping silent watch over the Forgotten Forest."

The Izumi nodded, "Utgar has an encampment on the coast, just north of the Einar border."

Valguard exhaled, "They will not attack Hatamato Taro by land alone, but they will sail down the coast."

"We should warn them..."

"No. Hatamato Taro thinks himself to be so powerful, let him defend the city alone. My garrison will offer no help to the coast. We have the border to watch."

The Izumi bowed, "Yes, my lord."

To Be Continued...
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:05 PM

Mycophycophyta Woo who?

Please write more.

Random thought:

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction