Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old March 26th, 2016, 11:55 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Honestly

When the three most reliable people say they're too busy I think it's best to just put the thing on hold until you guys have more time. It's not like a new entry is magically going to make you guys have more time.

~Dysole, observationally
Old March 27th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Agreed.
Give me some time and I will get back into the swing of things here.
I really need the practice writing.
Keep the faith.
Hope springs eternal.
*your favorite cliche here*

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 16th, 2016, 10:01 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't know about everyone else, but this is where I am at:

I basically have to withdraw myself from this competition until further notice. At the very least, until all of my novels (five planned) are fully developed, and probably until they are written as well. I just can't write two separate things at once.

I will still be plenty active on HSers. I will just be unable to write much of anything.

~TGRF.
Old April 17th, 2016, 08:46 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

You will be missed.
Best of luck on your novels.
May I ask the subject(s)?
All different stories or a series?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 17th, 2016, 10:05 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
You will be missed.
Best of luck on your novels.
May I ask the subject(s)?
All different stories or a series?
Fantasy series. Elves, magic, and such. And I'm really trying hard to make the most traditional fantasy setting original. Elves aren't super-humans in this. They face-plant with the best of us. And dwarves could (and might) wipe them from the face of the earth. Oh and humans? We're stuck in the mountains. We don't do much. Not your typical fantasy.

I have other novels planned (mostly Sci-Fi), but this series was first on the list.

~TGRF.
Old April 18th, 2016, 07:48 AM

I like it. Good luck.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:41 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

*Cries many tears to return to find this contest falling apart.

I am by no means a reliable member of this community as far as activity goes, but I do have many fond memories of it. Many of those were in this thread, and others in this forum. I'm getting particularly nostalgic now that college is officially graduated. *cries manyfold more tears*

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old May 25th, 2016, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
*Cries many tears to return to find this contest falling apart.

I am by no means a reliable member of this community as far as activity goes, but I do have many fond memories of it. Many of those were in this thread, and others in this forum. I'm getting particularly nostalgic now that college is officially graduated. *cries manyfold more tears*
Things do look rather dark for the contest, and the forum as a whole for that matter. I am developing a site that will work along the same principle (not fan fiction), but it still has some bugs to be worked out and is not very close to being completed.

I know that at least some of the hardcore writers are still active, like me and TAF, but we seem to have staggered to a halt on this prompt. Hopefully one day either the competition will start up again, or some new blood will actually start some new fan fictions. If I see any, I'm going to try to keep them going if I can.

Honestly, I think Dysole finally gave us a prompt most people can't fill (joking... ).

~TGRF, developing novel 3 of 4 (number 5 got cut).
Old May 26th, 2016, 03:07 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

I am developing yet another fan fiction. This one I will not post unless it is 100% completed. It seems I can never finish fanfics once I have posted them, and nobody reads them because I have a reputation for never finishing them. I may or may not finish this fic, but if I do I will post it.

Feeling like an old lurker. 15 years, wow. That's half as long as I've lived. Love y'all like family.
Old May 26th, 2016, 05:24 PM

You are awesome EL.

I will miss the interaction between the writers here the most.

Beware the prompt giver who ran late with their announcement of the winner.

TGRF. I am liking that our avatars share a Fire theme. Nice.
Thanks for a fun time with CoN.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 11th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Arrow Holy **** ****, Batman! A story!?

Happy Birthday, @Dysole ! With my Summer Classes ending, CoN ending, and me being sick this last week, I had more free time than usual, so I finally got around to coming up with a story for your Prompt.

I don't know if it'll make you cry, per se, (that thing is subjective). The only thing that made me cry was the Word Limit, so unfortunately I had to split this story up into two parts. Either that, or edit it down TO THE BONE. I'll only be submitting the first part of it for the contest (4,920 words), with the second part attached if you want to finish it.

I don't know how much you'll like it or find it sad, but we'll see. Like with Horror+Comedy and Epic+Shlock, there's a fine line between Dramatic and Cheesy. Hopefully it comes closer to the former. Unfortunately this sort of thing is tricky because sadness is exactly what you'll be expecting reading this. With the last entry I had the advantage of taking a pretty silly prompt idea and playing it completely straight. Hopefully I can overcome expectations this time around. Luckily it's your only option right now, so we'll see! I dunno... band-aid.

But enough rambling! I give you... the tale of "Heroscape Entry #7"!!

Part 1:
Spoiler Alert!

Part 2:
Spoiler Alert!

There. Wasn't that great? Or not great? Maybe it made you cry because it was so terrible. Either way it's all you've got! I win now, right?

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Last edited by TheAverageFan; July 13th, 2016 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Shut Up!
Old July 11th, 2016, 09:42 AM

Re: Holy **** ****, Batman! A story!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
I win now, right?
~TAF
Yes, actually. Unless anyone says they're working on something.

That someone would not be me. I know exactly what I would do, and I am pretty sure it would elicit the desired response, but I'm eyeball-deep in developing my novels. I will prevail. I must.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction