Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 11th, 2010, 10:29 AM

VendettaUF Woo who?
Heroscape Card Sleeves

Hi!

I'm new to Heroscape, so I was a little surprised to see the funky shape of the cards that came with the game. I can be a little OCD and like to sleeve my game cards, so I was worried I wouldn't be able to find anything. To my glee, I found the HouseMouseGames sleeves....but the 6.95 for 20 was a bit of a sticker shock to me. So I tried to find something else. On ebay there is a seller "abhill_usaor" who sells 4mil sleeves. Here is a sample auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...d=567370885002

$14 for 100 was a little more affordable so I gave it a try. Now I'm glad I only purchased 100 instead of the larger lot I was planning. I don't want to slam the seller too much, as their service was pretty good. But, I feel they are grossly misrepresenting this product. Like many things sold on ebay as Heroscape card sleeves, I'm pretty confident these were manufactured to be CD/DVD sleeves. There is a seem at the bottom of each sleeve and additional plastic as if to reinforce the bottom, something I've never seen on card sleeves before, but I could see being required for something heavier (like a CD). They are also extremely loose. The cards fly right out of them with very minor use.

All in all, these sleeves are completely non-functional to use with Heroscape cards. I decided to just not give them feedback rather then negative since their service was good, but I just dislike their product. Instead I decided to leave a cautionary tale here so others do not get bitten. If anyone knows of more affordable and functional card sleeves for heroscape, please reply to this thread. My requirements are:

1) Fits the card snuggly completely covering the card, excess plastic is ok.
2) Card stays in sleeve and does not move around inside the sleeve or falls out

Thanks!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion