Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 30th, 2016, 03:59 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
C3G's MCU Civil War

We already had a C3G game day set up for last Saturday and I ended up watching CA: Civil War Friday night. While watching the movie I couldn't help myself but think about how each action sequence could be recreated via C3G. The next morning I was still thinking about the big Airport Showdown and so I brought my ideas to the group when we met up. I know it is not a perfect recreation of the movie but with a little latitude it works out to be pretty closely balanced. We had 6 players at the start of the day so it worked out really well by giving each player 2 figures to control. Here is how I broke down the teams.

Team Iron Man (1305 points)
Iron Man Mark III (220 points)
Black Panther (200 points)
................420 points
Vision (285 points)
Spider-Man/Marvel (160 points)
................445 points
War Machine (270 points)
Black Widow (170 points)
...........440 points

Team Captain America (1245 points)
Captain America (240 points)
Falcon (140 points)
.....................380 points
Scarlet Witch (285 points)
Hawkeye II (160 points)
.................445 points
Winter Soldier (240 points)
Giant Man (180 points)
......................420 points

Had to go with the Marvel Spider-Man to keep the points closer, plus it better represents him as an early just starting out crime fighter. Giant Man is actually Hank Pym and Ant Man was left out to keep things simple, plus no Scott Lang figures to choose from anyway. Went with Hawkeye II even though he has no Skycycle in the movie, that card was just a better fit for an Avengers showdown. Also wanted to do with a higher priced Iron Man but again I ended up going with the Mark III suit to help keep the points closer. Then a few players also pointed out how Falcon had no ranged attack option, unlike his MCU portrayal, but all in all a pretty close representation.

With the teams sorted, we just added a few quick rules to help keep things balanced. The first one was a simple OM requirement that no one could put more than 2 OM's on one card unless they only had one card left in play. We also had Capt. America put his Avenger Markers on the other 5 team mates even though they were controlled by other players. Then I came up with one rule to help balance the fact that the Capt. America team was down 60 points. Since Black Widow changed sides at the end of the fight in the film, she would do so here as well. Once Black Widow was KOed, whoever put the finishing blow on her would take control of her card and put her back into play (in their start zone) as one of their figures but with only 2 life remaining.

For initiative we had everyone roll the d20 and each team took the highest roll for their team initiative roll. Whoever rolled the highest number then went first with the turn order alternating back and forth down the line after that. The turn order was thus always the same, with each team having one player reveal an OM, only the starting point changed. It worked out really well for us, keeping the game flow balanced and fun.

The game ended up being a blast and everyone really enjoyed it. Team Iron Man won in the end but had a few dice rolls gone better for Team Capt. America they too could have pulled off a victory. Black Widow actually never went down, and thus never switched teams, which is most likely why Team Capt. America lost. They talked about focusing in on taking out Black Widow as quickly as possible to get her to turn as soon as possible but then once the dice started being rolled that plan disappeared.

Anyways, even though this is not a tested and approved official C3G scenario I thought I'd share with the community should anyone else want to give it a go. I think it would work equally as well with 4 players taking 3 figures each, 2 players per team.

Alternately you could also drop the Black Widow switch rule in favor of adding Hank Pym Ant-Man & 3 Fire Ants to Team Capt. America for a 60 point boost that will even the two teams out. Just give those cards to the player who has Giant Man and make the rule that Giant Man does not start the game on the game board. Instead when Ant-Man is taken out, replace his figure on the board with Giant Man. Or perhaps let the Hank Pym player decide when he wants to switch the figures but then can't switch back to Ant-Man once they do so. Then he can have Giant Man pop up when most needed rather than watching Team Iron Man wait to attack Ant-Man last.
Old December 1st, 2016, 09:59 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: C3G's MCU Civil War

Cool scenario, YK.

I do love how many of the MCU characters we have to work with in C3G. Just a few more missing pieces that you mentioned to be able to do the whole movie.

Ultimate Falcon is a bit more like the movie version, and there's a mini for him. Might be cool to see someone tackle that version of the character sometime.
Old December 1st, 2016, 11:34 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I actually do have a write-up for Ultimate Falcon, since I really like the movie version. Not exactly a priority though.

And it's too bad we'll never have a Giant Scott, since he doesn't really do that in the comics... so Hank was the necessary evil there. I think the Ant + Giant switch rule would definitely play well. Then you could fiddle with the teams to make them all 400+.
Old December 1st, 2016, 12:03 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I actually do have a write-up for Ultimate Falcon, since I really like the movie version. Not exactly a priority though.

And it's too bad we'll never have a Giant Scott, since he doesn't really do that in the comics... so Hank was the necessary evil there. I think the Ant + Giant switch rule would definitely play well. Then you could fiddle with the teams to make them all 400+.
Really? Hmmm... that's a shame. May have to do my own card after I've got Ant-Man Scott through then.

Interested in the idea of a more MCU accurate Falcon - that'd be really nice to see. Range and Soldier?

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old December 1st, 2016, 04:06 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
. I think the Ant + Giant switch rule would definitely play well.
I hope so since I have that draft of a Hank Pym specifically to get him this ability.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 2nd, 2016, 12:34 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Everybody likes movie Falcon. That's my only real complaint about him being Cap in the comics now. There's suddenly an unprecedented jump in popularity for the Falcon, of all characters, and instead of jumping on it and making being the Falcon cool in the comics, they bump him into a totally different role.

Quote:
Yeah, the Giant Hank switch would be my preferred balancing act as well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy