Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Good idea
No wonder your stats are so low this is a terrible idea. 0 0%
Not sold on it but otherwise indifferent. 6 54.55%
Good idea. 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 18th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Classic/VC style "Event" heroes

Hear me out, just spit balling here; C3G does awesome stuff, even though comics aren't my thing, sometimes I'll read over customs and bios to look at new ideas or ways powers can be utilized and structure. The one thing that recently has struck my fascination, however, is that of the Event Heroes. The likes of Beyonder, Anti-Monitor and Glactica. This got me to thinking, could it be feasible for a classic custom to be able to do something like this: A 400-600 point jacked-up figure that could take on an army of the same point value and make it a game? I certainly believe it is feasible and I encourage custom creators to consider this (and even though I have a very limited experience in customs) and for me to post some of my developed and fledgling ideas as they come to me.

IMHO, things that NEED to be present for a huge point hero to work and be fun to play with and against:

Reason to move:With only one figure, the urge to camp an area of height, especially with range, if often all to correct tactically. So, to avoid that, you need to provide incentives for the hero to move, or make it impossible to stay alive without doing so. This bring me to my first fledgling idea: remember the old Taelord Bio where he was the beefiest, bad-aiest Gladiator? Here's my take on a Taelord 2.0 in full battle armor with a recent drink from the wellspring.

Life 7
Move 6
Range 1
Attack 3
Defense 6

Deadly Strike

Stealth Flying

Blood Rage Special Attack
Attack 2 plus Special Range 1
After attacking with Blood Rage Special attack, if Taelord destroys a figure, he may move up to two spaces and attack again with blood rage special attack. Taelord may attack up to 3 times with blood rage special attack. For every wound marker on Taelord, you may roll one addition die, for a maximum of 3 extra dice. Taelord can only use BRSA on a turn he did not move.

This Taelord encourages dynamic gameplay for multiple reasons:

Its a good idea to attack with squads at first and then mop up with heroes-- encourages dynamic play against him.

Always moving, to get extra attacks and high ground.

Stealth flying keeps things interesting and works in tandem with his special attack.

What do you all think?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; August 18th, 2014 at 11:23 PM. Reason: There may have been a thread for a 500 point figure contest somewhere...
Old August 22nd, 2014, 11:45 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: Classic/VC style "Event" heroes

Pretty cool Taelord idea. He'll be strong, but not 400+ points strong. I think about 350 would be close - swarm squads would still beat him with sheer numbers. Heroes and squads with few figures would have a tough time.

I've messed around with creating some event level heroes for home games (mainly using legendary pokemon). C3G's Event Heroes are really well done, so I like taking those powers and modifying them to fit the theme I'm looking for. It is hard to create an uber-powerful figure that has an incentive to move around and make strategic plays. A cool Event Hero for classic would be a super powered Marro Hive. Make that thing the 300+ point behemoth it was destined to be.
Old August 28th, 2014, 07:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

not a bad idea, don't know why but this made me laugh
Quote:
Here's my take on a Taelord 2.0 in full battle armor with a recent drink from the wellspring.
made me think of Taelord on the juice.
Taelord always gets mauled by squaddies at my place, him and raelyn. hmm.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old August 30th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
not a bad idea, don't know why but this made me laugh
Quote:
Here's my take on a Taelord 2.0 in full battle armor with a recent drink from the wellspring.
made me think of Taelord on the juice.
Taelord always gets mauled by squaddies at my place, him and raelyn. hmm.
The point isn't to make Taelord better or replace him in anyway. This is something (aside from mixing marvel and classic ie hulk vs 400 points). This is providing Classic with another option to play our ever expansive game: one incredibly powerful figure vs 400-600 points of regular army.

Old August 31st, 2014, 02:40 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Wow this looks similar to the upgrades Taelord i'm working on for my New Valhalla project which unfortunalety has been stalled this year). Nice work AG.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old August 31st, 2014, 02:56 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The most important thing to keep in mind when trying to created balanced Event Heroes, IMO: Really high life, high but not ridiculous defense.

A one unit army is going to take a looooot of hits, because he'll be the only target around. So if he's going to have any chance to earn his points back, you need to make sure he can stick around for a while. Defense dice are flukey and if you go too high on defense, he'll be too good against lower attacks and feel overpowered against them. But high Life keeps him balanced against everyone, giving everyone a chance, and guarantees he'll be around for a while.

I wouldn't get into the 600+ category with under 10 Life.

After that, you want to make sure they have some sort of "crowd control" option, whether it's extra turns per round, a way to diminish what others can do per round, or just area attacks/multiple attacks. Squads eat Unique Heroes as it is in this game, so no self-respecting Event Hero comes into play without some ability to take out multiple squaddies each turn with a fair amount of ease.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 31st, 2014, 08:09 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

I agree, IAB. But I was thinking....... What about an CEH (classic event hero) that absolutely relied on getting kills to stay alive something like...

Papa Esewien
Life 8(9?)
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 4
Defense 5

Points 400?

S-Fly

Morbid Presence
At the end of every turn you have revealed an OM on Papa Esewien, roll the 20 sided die once for every adjacent figure to Papa. If you roll a 16 or higher, that figure recieves 2 wounds. Doesn't affect soulborgs/Undead.

Enhanced CT (same rolls as CT with Sonya.)

And life drain of course.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; August 31st, 2014 at 10:05 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards