Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:17 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
I was wondering how strength applies to range of three. Does his arms extend that far?
He's a shapeshifter, so technically he could extend out his arms.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:20 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

I'm more just making the point that a ranged attack of 7 is really exceptional and I don't think it should be done very often, and almost never for a non-event hero. Currently there are only six heroes that have that, and four of them are event heroes (Dr. Manhattan, Galactus, Odin, and Surtur). The only other examples are Seth (somewhat questionable but he doesn't have a ton of other tricks at range and kind of wants to engage anyway) and Selene Gallio (who really shouldn't have an attack of 7 if you ask me).
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:22 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
Quote:
I was wondering how strength applies to range of three. Does his arms extend that far?
He's a shapeshifter, so technically he could extend out his arms.
There's his Shapeshifting:
Malleability, Plasticity, Elongation: The most incredible of the powers of the Manhunter is the ability to shape-shift. He is able to literally control the molecular structure of his body's bio-polymer and make it resemble anything he wants. He can form clothing and weapons with non-moving or non-functioning parts. There does not seem to be any limit to the number of people the Manhunter can imitate and has stood in as a double for many famous people. His ability to imitate people and their mannerisms has stood him in good stead for his disguises. He has recently been seen to shape-shift into the size and shape of a common house fly and to enormous sizes comparable to skyscrapers. He is also able to change colors.

As well as his Martian Vision:
The actual nature of this power seems to vary depending on the reports. It has been seen to be a bolt of force, directed by the Manhunter's eyes causing considerable damage, he has shown that he could easily cause damage greater than 1000 lbs of TNT. It has also been seen to cause flammable objects to catch fire. The range of this power is also unknown but has been seen to be effective at ranges of 1000 feet and more. He can increase the power of his Martian Vision to levels that would even injure the likes of Superman. It also grants J'onn the ability to see into other spectrums of light. J'onn can use his Martian vision to see the invisible. For example, upon their first meeting, J'onn's power allowed him to see past Gypsy's Metahuman camouflage ability; other effects unknown.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:27 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

If that is the case, why is his range only three?
Also if they are that powerful what happened to them?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:28 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Alright, with those changes in mind, we have:

NAME = MARTIAN MANHUNTER
SECRET IDENTITY = J'ONN J'ONZZ

SPECIES = MARTIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 350-370

JUSTICE LEAGUE INITIATIVE
At the start of the game, you may choose up to 2 other friendly Unique Heroes and place a JL marker on each of their cards. Before rolling for initiative, you may add 1 to your roll for each friendly figure with a JL marker on its card.

PHASING
Martian Manhunter may move through all figures, will not take any leaving engagement attacks, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight. After moving with Martian Manhunter, you may roll one unblockable attack die against a figure Martian Manhunter passed through this turn.

SHAPESHIFTER
After an Order Marker is revealed, Martian Manhunter may change his size to Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Huge.

ADEPT TELEPATHY
When Martian Manhunter is in play, all friendly figures are considered within clear sight of each other. An opponent may never take control of Martian Manhunter or any friendly figure adjacent to Martian Manhunter with a JL marker on its card.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
The same reason his first version had the stats of:

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

Answer: lol

I just used that as a model when designing this one, and haven't given that part any attention 'til it was questioned just now.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:41 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggressive Sock View Post
Quote:

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

I just used that as a model when designing this one, and haven't given that part any attention 'til it was questioned just now.
MM shoots lasers out of his eyes. He can also stretch his appendages to attack further away
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Quote:
Quote:

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

MM shoots lasers out of his eyes. He can also stretch his appendages to attack further away
Yeah, I was aware of that. Tornado asked why he had range, and then after I posted why he had range, he asked why he only has a range of 3 with that information in mind. I was explaining that I just copy and pasted his previous stats/design when I started putting together mine, as a template to work from. I've been changing things as I cover them, but most of the focus has gone into working out the specials. But now that the attention has been brought onto the range, it's a good question. Why exactly he had a range of 3, I do not know. Same reason I don't know why he had a life of 6, move of 6, and defense of 6...when he's invulnerable, can regenerate from just a hand or head within minutes, and can fly around the world very similar to Superman. So yeah...

So with that in mind, perhaps his range should be around 5-7 given his Martian Vision capabilities.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:52 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

You could give him a special ability that gives him -3 to attack and +5 to range or something similar (think The Wrecker's Crowbar Throw ability)
Old July 2nd, 2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
You could give him a special ability that gives him -3 to attack and +5 to range or something similar (think The Wrecker's Crowbar Throw ability)
"It has been seen to be a bolt of force, directed by the Manhunter's eyes causing considerable damage, he has shown that he could easily cause damage greater than 1000 lbs of TNT. The range of this power is also unknown but has been seen to be effective at ranges of 1000 feet and more. He can increase the power of his Martian Vision to levels that would even injure the likes of Superman."

An attack of 3 with a range of 8 doesn't sound very fitting. I see no reason his attack of 6 can't be used for it if it's that powerful. The range can be debated and balanced to a fair number, 5-6, but I think sacrificing attack isn't thematic. His card is limited in space as is as well.
Old July 2nd, 2015, 03:18 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Alright, with those changes in mind, we have:

NAME = MARTIAN MANHUNTER
SECRET IDENTITY = J'ONN J'ONZZ

SPECIES = MARTIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TELEPATH
PERSONALITY = BENEVOLENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 3
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 7

POINTS = 350-370

JUSTICE LEAGUE INITIATIVE
At the start of the game, you may choose up to 2 other friendly Unique Heroes and place a JL marker on each of their cards. Before rolling for initiative, you may add 1 to your roll for each friendly figure with a JL marker on its card.

PHASING
Martian Manhunter may move through all figures, will not take any leaving engagement attacks, and cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight. After moving with Martian Manhunter, you may roll one unblockable attack die against a figure Martian Manhunter passed through this turn.

SHAPESHIFTER
After an Order Marker is revealed, Martian Manhunter may change his size to Tiny, Small, Medium, Large, or Huge.

ADEPT TELEPATHY
When Martian Manhunter is in play, all friendly figures are considered within clear sight of each other. An opponent may never take control of Martian Manhunter or any friendly figure adjacent to Martian Manhunter with a JL marker on its card.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING
I am actuall really happy with this Martian Manhunter - don't get me wrong, I really like his original design, but it'll be nice to see one with more oomph! - he's my favourite JLer. Just one thought, I still don't think his leadership is offering quite enough - he should be #1 JL leader, IMO. Could we add something like this to Justice League Initiative (and perhaps rename it if it's no longer just initiative based)?

After taking a turn with any figure you control with a JL marker, you may move any other figure with a JL marker on its card up to 4 spaces.

This would be for more than just fast mobilising of forces like the old one is, it'd be useful for tactical manoeuvering, and as such still useful for fast JL members - get Superman to engage an enemy, put Wonder Woman in a position to use her Lasso, or move Wally into just the right place for his Infinite Mass Punch. This would really add so much to a JL army, and to MM's usefulness - right now, as a team hub, he's feeling fairly dull unless there is a) lots of line of sight blocking and b) you have other synergy powers that need line of sight - most of the time, right now, he's just giving a small initiative boost, which isn't enough, IMO. It wouldn't be sharing space with Cyborg either, as he's quick teleporting and MM's on the fly tactical manoeuvering - both movement based, but entirely different in what they're offering. Also, I do think that 3 would be a better number for JL markers - that way he's enough for smaller games, but for larger ones you need someone like Batman to spread more around, but that's a more minor point.

Speaking of Batman, I like the idea of tying the JL Communicator and Detective Skills to Utility Glyphs to prevent the need for a VIII and to make him truly modular - although I'm not sure what actual Utility you could give him to activate his detective skills - more of a skill than an item, but if you could think of a thematic one, it'd be perfect.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 2nd, 2015, 03:26 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Something like Utility Glyph: Dossier.
Representing his research and detective skills finding the weaknesses of his opponents.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy