Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old June 26th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Public Design Workshop

Might be best to sync up with Ronin and his Savitar Cultists.
Old June 29th, 2019, 10:49 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

NAME = FINESSE
SECRET IDENTITY = JEANNE FOUCAULT

SPECIES = MUTATE?
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = STUDENT
PERSONALITY = CALCULATING

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ???

COMBAT DEXTERITY
Finesse may attack with her normal attack up to 2 times at any point before, during, or after her normal move as long as she is on a space where she could end her movement.

ACROBATIC LEAP 6
Finesse may use her Acrobatic Leap at any point before or during her normal move. Each time you Leap, you must first subtract 2 from Finesse's movement. Her Leap has a move of 2. When counting spaces for Finesse's Leap movement, ignore elevations. Finesse may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Finesse may not leap more than 6 levels up or down in a single leap. If Finesse is engaged when she starts to leap, she will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

PHOTOREFLEXIVE DEFENSE
When Finesse rolls defense dice against a non-adjacent attack, one shield will block all damage. When rolling defense dice against an adjacent attack, roll one additional die for each skull rolled by the attacking figure.
Now that we have Taskmaster (mostly) settled, seems like it's the right time to focus on his (probable) daughter.

Finesse has pretty much the exact same powers as Taskmaster. I thought about doing a similar approach with copying other Marvel characters, but who is there left to copy? Shang-Chi? Batroc? It just didn't quite feel right. She's more of a Nightwing-esque fighter anyways.

The idea is that she can't attack during her Acrobatic Leap, but it allows her to ignore height and LEAs, so it's a bit of a trade-off of when you want to do what. I don't know if that would actually come through in gameplay, but I'm fine with her just being useful in every situation anyways.

Last edited by MrNobody; June 30th, 2019 at 09:43 PM.
Old June 29th, 2019, 11:44 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Still mad that Heroclix skipped over her and Striker when they made the Avengers Academy minis.

I don't really see much of a trade-off with Acrobatic Leap - she's free to attack and leap around pretty willy-nilly, as I read the Combat Dexterity/Acrobatic Leap interaction.

Cool direction, though - I think something like that makes sense for her. She's not quite as learned as her dad, so I don't think she needs the whole slew of copied abilities.
Old July 7th, 2019, 10:20 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

NAME = GWENPOOL
SECRET IDENTITY = GWEN POOLE

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = MERCENARY
PERSONALITY = ENTHUSIASTIC

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

IS THIS AN EDGE PIECE?

After taking a turn with Gwenpool, if she is on a terrain tile at the edge of the battlefield, you may roll the 20-sided die. On an 11 or more, remove Gwenpool from the battlefield and place her on any army card.

STAT LINES! I HAVE A PEN!
At the start of each round or after revealing an Order Marker on this card, if Gwenpool is on an army card, you may roll the 20-sided die. On an 11 or more, you may increase or reduce the Move, Range, Attack or Defense of that card by 2 for the rest of the round.

I'M BORED NOW! PUT ME BACK ON THE BOARD!
At the end of each round, if Gwenpool is on an army card, roll the 20-sided die. On a 13 or more, place her on any space on the battlefield.

I'M THE STAR! I HAVE PLOT ARMOR!

When Gwenpool defends against an attack, for each Unique Hero in your army that's been destroyed, she adds one die to her roll up to a maximum of 3. If Gwenpool is the last figure in your army, add one automatic shield to whatever is rolled.

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old July 7th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Interesting to go all-in on the fourth wall stuff, but I don't know that would actually be that interesting to play.

She's basically an unreliable super attack booster where you try to throw her off the battlefield and hope she does something for you and maybe she does, but decent odds she does nothing and then returns to the battlefield later. And it's hard to really make her more effective because she shouldn't be too crazy at changing stats around.

I do like her ability to hop off the edge of the battlefield, but the "what next" part feels a little off to me.

I also had a plot armor power, but I was using OMs as the measure of plot-relevance. Destroyed figures isn't a bad measure of plot-relevance, but it does lead to weird scenarios in bigger battles (or if she's drafted with a lot of cheaper Heroes)
Old July 7th, 2019, 11:46 AM

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Interesting to go all-in on the fourth wall stuff, but I don't know that would actually be that interesting to play.

She's basically an unreliable super attack booster where you try to throw her off the battlefield and hope she does something for you and maybe she does, but decent odds she does nothing and then returns to the battlefield later. And it's hard to really make her more effective because she shouldn't be too crazy at changing stats around.

I do like her ability to hop off the edge of the battlefield, but the "what next" part feels a little off to me.

I also had a plot armor power, but I was using OMs as the measure of plot-relevance. Destroyed figures isn't a bad measure of plot-relevance, but it does lead to weird scenarios in bigger battles (or if she's drafted with a lot of cheaper Heroes)

Do you have any other ideas for something a bit more meta?
I really like the idea of leaning into the meta stuff, especially with power names that are like Gwen talking to the player

Old July 7th, 2019, 01:27 PM
Just A Head

I liked Ronin’s Plot Armor a lot. It makes sense that a unit taking a lot of actions is the “main character.”
Old July 7th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Do you have any other ideas for something a bit more meta?
I really like the idea of leaning into the meta stuff, especially with power names that are like Gwen talking to the player
Not really a lot of ideas that are more hardcore meta than what I had down. I prefer the low-key meta approach. Doing stat manipulation or removing figures from the battlefield doesn't really make sense to me, since her fourth-wall powers are significantly limited when she's interacting with other named, important characters (which is the whole point of C3G).
Old July 7th, 2019, 01:41 PM
Just A Head

Bonuses against figures with secret identities? Don’t know the character all too well.
Old July 7th, 2019, 07:42 PM

Alternative idea: Maybe letting her take characters off the board temporarily, maybe alongside her?

Old July 7th, 2019, 10:00 PM

Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby! Qualizium rolls all skulls baby!

You can almost divide Gwenpool into the time before she started basically bending reality to her will, and after. I think before is likely to be the path of least resistance with regards to fitting her into C3G, and I think Ronin's version does fit that description pretty well.

On the other hand stepping outside the panels is arguably her most iconic power, so if there's a way to incorporate that in some way, I think that would feel like a pretty definitive Gwenpool overall.
Old July 7th, 2019, 10:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

A power that pulls her and another figure off to her card, a power that places them back on, and lot armor might be a nice powerset trio.

But I know zilch about the character other than what I'm reading here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy