Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old March 16th, 2024, 12:38 PM

RahiEnjoyer is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
New player resources?

Hello all! I figure with the new Renegade stuff probably drawing new people in, there's likely to be a handful of people like me who are stumbling around here with no idea what they're doing, and it would be nice for them (and also me, mostly) to have somewhere a little centralized to link out to guides or other resources that are useful to someone looking to get in to the game and the community.

For example, I only just found out about Gary's Heroscape Site at https://heroscape.glasq.com/home.html which is some primo stuff.

I also know there's one or more google spreadsheets somewhere that serve as some indication of what's a reasonable ask for figures and sets and whatnot but I can't seem to find it, and that will probably be a good thing to have on hand when people are looking to get armies together and go to local play.

Which, on that topic, local play would also be a nice thing to see some accessible beginner resources for! I know there are some communal resources for accepted formats and maps but I'm really only just beginning to be able to parse them. I'd like to get a local group together, but don't really know where to start.

If people would be willing to help and show new scapers the ropes, I know I and others in my position would be appreciative!

And apologies if there is already a thread along these lines. I went looking but wasn't able to find anything, but I am notoriously bad at finding obvious things.

wait what do you mean "they made more heroscape after rise of the valkyrie"?
Old March 16th, 2024, 05:59 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New player resources?

Hello! Welcome to the game and the community. This site is a treasure trove of information (both official and fan-made) for Heroscape. I can understand how it might be at least a little daunting at first. Once you find your footing, it's not as overwhelming.

Here are a few key forums and threads to start you and others off:
  • Question Dump: A thread dedicated to whatever questions you have regarding Heroscape and its rules.
  • Official Units Forum: If you're looking for information about specific units, it'll likely be here.
  • The BOOKS of Heroscape: A compiled list of all official Heroscape units, linking to each unit's Book (threads dedicated to analysis, strategy, rule clarifications, etc. for a given unit).
  • Events Forum: Location-specific events are typically posted in this forum.

There is of course a LOT more information to sift through on this site (for tournament-style maps, check out the Maps and Scenarios forum), but IMHO these are the very basic touchstones to get you started.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old March 17th, 2024, 08:41 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New player resources?

I'll share this post I put in the Renegade Game Studios discord:

"Considering we're likely to gain some new players in the coming months, it'd probably be useful to pin some useful links here for aspiring mapmakers:

As of right now, Virtualscape the best way to share your maps with the world. Here is the thread where you can download this free app (PC only):
Virtualscape Thread

A comprehensive index of cartographers within the community:
Cartographers of Valhalla

The ARV has several articles that give tips and guides for mapmaking as well as tournament map spotlights:
ARV Map Articles

The WoS provides a highly curated list of the best maps our community has to offer. Below is their display thread:
WoS Display Thread

This great 10 Points Under video has fellow mapmaker Superfrog constructs a competitive map live and breaks down his process:
Ten Points Under: Map Makes with superfrog

Epsiodes 26-30 of CoV have competitive players and cartographers OEAO, MatthiasMaccabeus, infectedsloth, and GameBear discuss the history of tournament maps; and OEAO, superfrog, and Flash_19 rank their top 50 maps of all time:
Casters of Valhalla Thread
Casters of Valhalla (Spotify Link)

If there are any resources I missed that y'all think should be included here, be sure to let me know! I've surely missed something but these links should get anyone looking to join the mapmaking community started."

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online