Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old August 16th, 2016, 01:41 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: What Video Game are you Currently Playing?

I played No Man's Sky the other day. I'm extremely happy with it. Wow. I can't wait to get a PS4 for this and Ratchet and Clank.

Anyways, back to NMS. I've heard that people are complaining about it. Saying things like, "There's not enough to do." or "Why isn't there multiplayer?" Anyone who says those things, I feel very sorry for. Apparently, they have such a narrow view on fun that they can't get joy out of DISCOVERING A PLANET AND BEING THE FIRST (and potentially only) PERSON TO EVER BE THERE.

Really the concept of this game alone makes me love it. In case you don't know, it is an open universe game with a procedural generated universe with 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 planets in it (that's 18 quintillion).

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old August 16th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

No Man's Sky falls into the same category as Minecraft for me as an awesome sandbox for anyone with the desire to play in it, but not really strong in the "I challenge you to beat this game" department.

~Aldin, playing the Elder Scrolls Legends beta

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 18th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

How's Legends, Aldin? What is it? It doesn't sound like the name of a province, that's for sure.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 18th, 2016, 10:18 AM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
How's Legends, Aldin? What is it? It doesn't sound like the name of a province, that's for sure.
Competitor to Hearthstone. It has two advantages for me. One which can't be ignored is that the card set is smaller and everyone is new. That makes me feel more like I'm on an even footing.

(that was a horribly constructed paragraph - my apologies to my English teachers)

The second advantage is the game changer and the reason I won't be feeling the urge to try Hearthstone again. It has two lanes.

The second lane means that each player can have an advantage on one of the two battlefields at the same time. Do I want to challenge that 1/5 guard(taunt) my opponent just threw down, or do I want to drop my 2/2 Charge into the other lane? Can I afford to let a threat build while I develop one lane, or do I need to get something, anything into the other lane to try to stop the bleeding?

Adding to the idea of not wanting one player to be able to get the upper hand and ride it to victory, each player has runes on their health bar. When a rune breaks (every 5 health lost), the one who lost health draws a card. But wait, there's more. Some cards are Prophecy cards and if they are drawn via rune-break can be immediately played for free. Many of the prophecy cards are guards(taunts), healing, or instant damage/removal. Being behind doesn't feel nearly so bad a place to be.

Obviously there is a lot more to everything, but those are the basics. It always feels like there is plenty to do with a 20 match campaign that unlocks decks, leveling improving cards, AI and PvP arenas, daily quests and both ranked and unranked play. Beta can be downloaded here

~Aldin, who thinks his in game name is "Aldion" if anyone wants to look him up (I will edit this later if I find the name is something else)

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 18th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'll check it out. I hold a Hearthstone patch responsible - this is absolutely true - for the death of my previous phone, so I gave it up.

edit: Finally caught up with @Aldin - "aldion" - on Elder Scrolls Legends. It's been a fun few days messing around with it. I wish it had an iphone app, though I suppose one is in development. Fun game, so far.

Thanks for the games, aldin! I should build another deck to spice it up.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; August 21st, 2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old August 21st, 2016, 05:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Some of the rest of you turkeys need to get in on this Elder Scrolls Legends game. I'm ds3272, if you want to add me. And if you want to know how to accept an in-game challenge, maybe @Aldin will tell us, because I haven't figured that out yet.

= =
Old August 21st, 2016, 05:46 PM

Yes, thanks for the games, DS - that was fun! I dearly wish some sort of in game friend chat existed. Hope that will be added soon. Accepting a challenge is like falling off a log. You get a screen inviting with "accept" or "reject" as the choices. If you accept you get to choose one of your desks and you're off to the races.

~Aldin, happy to add anyone from here who wants to try it out

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old August 21st, 2016, 06:15 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ah, interesting. I wonder if it's a feature of the browser, then, because I didn't see any screen.

= =
Old August 21st, 2016, 09:34 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I didn't even know that this game existed. Is it comparable to Hearthstone?

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 21st, 2016, 09:38 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Yes, it's similar. Not nearly the same card base. The game play itself feels less forced; there are tactical decision points in combat. As Aldin said, you are deploying your forces on one of two battlefields. There is a difference between them, and for the most part your soldiers on one can't interact with stuff on the other.

There's a long solo campaign to tune you up.

The short answer is, it's very similar.

= =
Old August 21st, 2016, 10:28 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Yes, it's similar. Not nearly the same card base. The game play itself feels less forced; there are tactical decision points in combat. As Aldin said, you are deploying your forces on one of two battlefields. There is a difference between them, and for the most part your soldiers on one can't interact with stuff on the other.

There's a long solo campaign to tune you up.

The short answer is, it's very similar.
Thank you. I feel pretty silly now. I had just been reading post from today so I missed the previous post regarding this game. The game sounds fun. I'll be checking it out as soon as I get a chance.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.
Old August 22nd, 2016, 12:26 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Just finished a solo arena run. Eight wins, but as far as I can tell, unlike Hearthstone, you can't walk away and come back. It was a bigger time investment than I expected.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games