Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 26th, 2008, 11:13 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: UPC's Custom Creations - Grim Reaper

Man you guys are fast! Well I doubt there is much left to say, but I'll take my crack at him...

GRIM REAPER (insert evil laugh)

Since Scythe Life Drain is exactly the same as Life Drain, I would keep the same name. It just makes things easier. Also Wound Markers is always capitalized, except, apparently in the Life Drain ability. That kind of thing annoys me a little. I just like consistency...

Finally for High-Speed Buzz Saw, I understand that they are two kind of unrelated powers, but they both have to do with the spinning buzzsaw, so I think you can keep them together. I'd say "Grim Reaper never rolls for falling damage and may never be attacked by a normal ranged attack."

The only other thing I'd say is can you line up the Size and top of the Height number please.

I like this guy he is sure to be strong and fun to play.

Old June 26th, 2008, 11:13 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgermaniac View Post
As the guy who requested the Reaper in the Avengers thread, I thank you.

Let me know what you think. Any and all criticism is welcome.

Oh... and thank you for the "thank you".

UPC's Heroscape Strategy Blog (and whatever else the Muse sends my way...)

Old June 26th, 2008, 11:21 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker UranusPChicago knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi1hi1hi1hi1 View Post
Man you guys are fast! Well I doubt there is much left to say, but I'll take my crack at him...

GRIM REAPER (insert evil laugh)

Since Scythe Life Drain is exactly the same as Life Drain, I would keep the same name. It just makes things easier. Also Wound Markers is always capitalized, except, apparently in the Life Drain ability. That kind of thing annoys me a little. I just like consistency...

Finally for High-Speed Buzz Saw, I understand that they are two kind of unrelated powers, but they both have to do with the spinning buzzsaw, so I think you can keep them together. I'd say "Grim Reaper never rolls for falling damage and may never be attacked by a normal ranged attack."

The only other thing I'd say is can you line up the Size and top of the Height number please.

I like this guy he is sure to be strong and fun to play.
I went back and forth on the Life Drain title as well as you can see by the fact that I did change the title of the ability, but forgot to change in within the ability verbage. I think you are right and that I will just change it back to Life Drain.

I actually had capitalized Wound Marker as I was making the card, but when I glanced back down at Cyprien's card, I realized they had not so I went "capital-less".

I am still undesided with the High Speed Buzzsaw ability as I stated in my original post. I really would like to keep the two related abilities as a single abilities as they are the result of a single action, but I can see how they should be separated as well.

I will think more about it this evening when I revisit the card.

Thanks, as always, for the feedback.

Old June 26th, 2008, 07:26 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker

I like the 2 separate abilities. If two "buzzsaws" bug you, perhaps "Spinning Scythe Special Attack" and keep "High Speed Buzzsaw" for the falling ability? Or "Buzzsaw Copter"? Hmm...
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:27 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I finally had a chance to update Grim Reaper. All previous links point to the updated version.

I also had the time to create a card for King Shark (per request of my son). Let me know what you think.

King Shark

Old July 1st, 2008, 09:28 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by UranusPChicago View Post
King Shark
Looks great.
Old July 1st, 2008, 04:26 PM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Jonathan knows what's in an order marker Jonathan knows what's in an order marker
Re: UPC's Custom Creations - King Shark

Looks good (but keep him away from Red Skull)
Old July 3rd, 2008, 08:57 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I am hoping to finally finish SGT Rock over the holiday weekend. The main thing that was holding me back was finding a graphic that I liked. It looks like I will need to work on my Easy Company Soldiers card in the near future as well...

Old July 4th, 2008, 01:03 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I am on a roll...

Let me know what you think.

SGT Rock

Old July 4th, 2008, 09:49 AM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: UPC's Custom Creations - SGT Rock

KING SHARK
I echo the words of those who come before me.

SGT ROCK
Not much to say here, but he looks well put together. I'm not familiar with the chracter, but I wondering why the capitalized SGT. Why not copy our favorite Sgt. Drake Alexander and keep it lower case with the period. Not a big deal, just thought I'd metion it.

For the Cover Fire ability you can just say "When a Soldier you control..." you don't need figure, and to me it makes the sentence awkward.

As worded, Cover Fire is a VERY powerful ability. I would like to see in testing, but he seems to me to maybe warrent more than 200 in an all Soldier game.

Old July 4th, 2008, 09:52 AM
"Mr. Zettian Handshake"

Like an Easy Company Kato! I like him, though I might trade "fearless" for "relentless" for a little synergy.
Old July 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
BoV Judge Emeritus

I updated the SGT Rock card above. Let me know what you think.

I also updated my Valkyrie card; graphic changes, no verbage changes.

I also managed to complete another card.
Yondu

My Easy Company Soldiers whould be out by end of week.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations