Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 09:53 PM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Exclamation Heroscape Leak: The First Draft Screenplay for the Webisode

In the Heroscape Webisode thread, Chilidog made a post that led to a link to a first draft screenplay that was supposed to be used instead of the current plot for the webisodes.

I give all the credit to Chilidog for finding this, because it was he who had posted the link.

This is the post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...0&postcount=97

Turns out this screenplay would have been a better movie, and it has information on the script that has NEVER BEEN RELEASED in Heroscape Lore or Bios. It even has character names that do not exist.

This draft was written by David McDermott, June 26, 2006

I know I had made a basic outline of the ideas in the thread about the webisodes, but I wanted to make a thread particulary based on discussion about these plot pieces. It's Compendium Changing.

New Heroscape Lore: The Following was taken from the screenplay, thus there is alot of new information.

Trellyn: An Elven Mage that was with Drake, Raelin and Major Q10. Seems to be a prototype for Sonlen, except this character had a bow, and the ability to enchant his arrows with flames, and create magical shields at a distance for companions.

Haruko: A Ninja traveling with Drake, Raelin and Major Q10. Seems to be a prototype for Shiori. This character had equipped a jo staff, and was more efficient in dispatching enemies at close range. She also had a pouch of blinding smoke that disabled her opponent's range.

Utgar, along with his summons of Marro and Orcs, had summoned a renegade band of criminals from the Wild West United States. They fight alongside the Marro and Orcs.

When characters die in Valhalla, they glisten and melt away, shifting back to their own world of origin. The play suggests Valhalla is an alternate dimension, not a planet. (This is also seen in the Retchets of Bogdan bio)

Drake is summoned right after he watches his companions get gunned down by a trap the Germans set for his unit. (This shows he has no connections with the Airborne Elite)

Characters that are summoned break the surface of the water of the wellspring. The spring itself is a portal.

Valhalla used to be completely covered with cities, now, all of them are wartorn ruins. Raelin was only a child when Taelord and a raiding party of orcs destroyed her city, leaving her the only survivor. As soon as Jandar took her under his tutelage, she trained to fight till she was an adult.

Trellyn understands that he and all the others are already "dead", and can return to their planets, but the Kyrie are still alive. If they try to alter the timestream for their dimension, they would cause more issues than Utgar could dream of. Also, temporal magic is forbidden among Trellyn's race.

There is a place in Alpha Prime called the Great Forge of Tarata, where all the soulborg are created. It's a cross between a temple and a smelting plant. The planet's sky is permanently night, blocked by black vapors from the forge. The building itself is a conveyor, scrapped soulborgs and raw minerals are made into new models on its multiple belts.

Embossed on the Great Forge is the acronym Z.E.T.T.I. The play does not tell the meaning of this word. All the soulborg come out motionless till electricity strikes them, jumpstarting the soul in the mechanics.

Major Q10 is the tenth design of the seventeenth series of command spec soulborgs produced for the Zetti combine.

Major trained in a Soulborg Dojo, where he received his combat programming from Sergeant D46. This particular soulborg is a renowned warrior, and his hand transforms into a blaster.

The Zetti combine is described as the Soulborg Empire, and its army is primarily Zettian guards against the Omnicron.

There is a place called the Zetti Arena, where any defeated soulborg in war is brought to battle against others to the death to avoid transferring faulty programming to later models.

At the end of the Arena, there is an enormous metal face, with glowing eyes, suggesting the arena itself is a machine. Underneath the face is embossed the acronym Z.E.T.T.I

There is a group of Zettian Guards built with sharpshooter rifles, used to assassinate soulborgs not destroyed by competition.

Sergeant D46 was slain by the Zettian sharpshooters, and Major was next, but was saved by Vydar.

Major Q10 fights in the war to study emotions and find out about his faulty programming.

And the battle that Drake had was between Taelord. Raelin comes in to assist with Defensive Aura, and Taelord has an Amulet Key, the Wellspring's catalyst. (This suggests that the 3 stolen from Ullar's caravan by Marro were indeed Amulet Keys, and Kee-Mo-Shi used them to completely possess characters.)

Taelord seems immortal, due to the fact he took immense damage and still walked away from the fight.

Discuss. What does Z.E.T.T.I stand for? Why has this info never been released? Why does Utgar not have his criminal cowboys? (Besides the fact that Heroscape is discontinued.)

(P.S. I apologize for the incredibly long post, but reading it is definitely worth your time.)

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:01 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape Leak: The First Draft Screenplay for the Webis

Zettian
Enchiladas
Trump
Terrible
Imposters

... I am fairly certain of the first word, however rediculous the rest may be.
Old December 23rd, 2010, 10:32 PM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

I am already thoroughly enjoying this...

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old December 24th, 2010, 12:07 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This is amazing. I am really excited to see what customs come from this information. I will have have to ponder the ZETTI acronym.
Old December 24th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
Zettian
Enchiladas
Trump
Terrible
Imposters

... I am fairly certain of the first word, however rediculous the rest may be.
I am willing to bet that the first word isn't Zettian, since the Zettian Guards are probably named that because they guard Z.E.T.T.I.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 24th, 2010, 02:49 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

I read through that and in a lot of ways it looks like something that was scrapped for a reason. I think we see some ideas that were used later in other units (smoke powder anyone). It almost seems like a piece that was written as brainstorming.
Old December 24th, 2010, 11:44 AM

Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness Majora's Incarnation wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I read through that and in a lot of ways it looks like something that was scrapped for a reason. I think we see some ideas that were used later in other units (smoke powder anyone). It almost seems like a piece that was written as brainstorming.
McDermott said that:
Quote:
This was the first pass at a series of CG webisodes promoting Hasbro's HeroScape game to an older-skewing audience. The idea was to start with a big action open, followed by a trio of shorter spots introducing the major characters, with another big action set-piece for the finale.

My initial instructions were to just let my imagination fly, which resulted in this draft. Later, we were informed that we would only be able to afford six or so character models and three different settings, so this draft was thrown out and a much more conservative version was finally produced.
So these ideas are very much Heroscape lore worthy, just was too expensive to make it on the big screen. So whatever he put in this draft, he got from the Hasbro Design Team. But, yes he was brainstorming. Although I wish Hasbro had more money to make this version.

Come check out The Essalim Collate, a content platform centered around worldbuilding and narrative design in gaming!

Last edited by Majora's Incarnation; December 24th, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old December 24th, 2010, 11:56 AM

Tagawa Woo who?

Well the cowboys can be explained by Einar's earlier alliance with Utgar.

Discretion is the better part of valor.
~ William Shakespeare
Old December 24th, 2010, 11:57 AM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Zombie
Eagles
Tear
Terrible
Igloos
Old December 24th, 2010, 12:05 PM

glacierking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Zettian
Entity
Transrobot
Technology
I... i dont know...

What About the mariedians?
they could be in the this somewhere...

Old December 24th, 2010, 12:06 PM

glacierking is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Or it could be a clue as to how heroscape WOULD HAVE turned out...

Old December 24th, 2010, 01:18 PM

Tolamos knows what's in an order marker Tolamos knows what's in an order marker

zone
eternal
taken
to
immortality

My Customs! Trades

"Say hello to my little friend!"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion