Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: C3G Vehicle Rules

OK, on further thought, I scrapped the Tiny thing. Why bother?
I'm liking the even more streamlined version I've got - I'll put it in the next post and, if you guys like it, I'll update the OP with it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:19 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Are we ever going to have more than 2 space vehicles?
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That theoretical scenario should never, ever happen. A vehicle should not be allowed to hold more passengers than it has spaces on the battlefield. This isn't something that needs to be included in the rule, though, it's just something we need to keep in mind while designing.
I would disagree with that. A normal car can hold 5 people but should only take up 2 spaces on the battlefield. remember a figure doesn't actually fully occupy that whole 7 ft hex.
I disagree with your disagreement, with respect. You're correct thematically but ... so? It's a very bad road to go down mechanically, IMO (pun not intended).
There are a lot of thematic areas we're ignoring already, and rightfully so, to avoid mechanical difficulties and keep this as streamlined as possible. I hope we can keep to that spirit very closely.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:21 PM

C3G VEHICLE RULES

DESTRUCTIBLE OBJECTS - VEHICLES
Destructible Objects are an official inclusion in the game, as seen with the Fortress Door and the Destructible Wall. C3G rules for Destructible Objects were established in the Destructible Object Rules and Throwing Rules release. Vehicles are a specific type of Destructible Objects that follow all of the rules of other Destructible Objects, but include a few specific to Vehicles.

These Vehicle specific C3G Rules cover the following areas:

- Entering Vehicles
- Drivers and Passengers
- Exiting Vehicles
- Destroying Vehicles

EXAMPLE 1: VEHICLE CARD
(Sample Card here)

ENTERING VEHICLES
Vehicles have three designations in the left box: size, height, and occupancy. The size and height designations (such as Medium 5) are the same as those found on other Destructible Objects and figures. Figures with a size smaller than that of a Vehicle may enter that Vehicle. Figures do not have to have a smaller height than the Vehicle to enter that Vehicle.
The occupancy designation shows the number of figures that may occupy a vehicle. A figure can only enter a Vehicle if that Vehicle has fewer figures on its card than its occupancy number (example: If a car has an occupancy number of 2, but only has 1 figure placed on it, a 2nd figure can enter that car).
Your figures cannot enter Vehicles controlled by opposing players (see: Occupying Vehicles).
If a figure of the correct size ends its movement adjacent to a Vehicle that has not reached its occupancy number, the figure can enter that Vehicle.
When a figure enters a Vehicle, immediately place that figure on that vehicle's card. The figure that entered the Vehicle is now occupying that Vehicle.

OCCUPYING VEHICLES
Figures occupying a Vehicle are not on the battlefield.
A figure occupying a Vehicle may still have Order Markers placed and revealed on its Army Card.
If one or more of your figures occupies a Vehicle, you now control that Vehicle.

MOVING VEHICLES
In addition to the Size, Life, and Defense values contained on all Destructible Object cards, Vehicles have a Movement value. In order to move a Vehicle, you may reveal an Order Marker on a figure you control occupying that Vehicle and move that Vehicle, following all standard movement rules.

EXITING VEHICLES
After moving a Vehicle, you may choose an empty space adjacent to the Vehicle and place a figure from the Vehicle on the chosen space. You may exit with any or all of your figures on the same turn.

DESTROYING VEHICLES
If a Vehicle receives enough damage to be destroyed, after removing it from the battlefield, place all Drivers and Passengers on empty spaces previously occupied by the destroyed Vehicle. Roll one attack die. If you roll a skull, all figures that previously occupied the destroyed Vehicle receive one wound each. If a figure that was occupying a destroyed Vehicle cannot be placed on a legal space or spaces, that figure is automatically destroyed.

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Quote:
That theoretical scenario should never, ever happen. A vehicle should not be allowed to hold more passengers than it has spaces on the battlefield. This isn't something that needs to be included in the rule, though, it's just something we need to keep in mind while designing.
I would disagree with that. A normal car can hold 5 people but should only take up 2 spaces on the battlefield. remember a figure doesn't actually fully occupy that whole 7 ft hex.
I disagree with your disagreement, with respect. You're correct thematically but ... so? It's a very bad road to go down mechanically, IMO (pun not intended).
There are a lot of thematic areas we're ignoring already, and rightfully so, to avoid mechanical difficulties and keep this as streamlined as possible. I hope we can keep to that spirit very closely.

I agree completely. So what if a car can hold more than two figures. Technically a car could run out of gas, drive slower or faster on different terrain, blow a tired, etc. What is important is STREAMLINED MECHANICS. The more simple these rules are the better, and trying to do more than just swapping out the car for the one or two figures "inside" of it is just a theme nerdy path that WILL lead to much more rules text than I care to see.
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:46 PM

I think the second draft is even simpler than the first, so I'm liking our direction so far.

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:58 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Yep, that second writeup is even better. I like how me, you, Tickle, and GP at least are wanting to move in more simplistic directions here.
Old July 16th, 2011, 11:59 PM

Awesome! Thanks. Updating the OP.

Old July 17th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

Quote:
C3G VEHICLE RULES
ENTERING VEHICLES
Figures with a size smaller than that of a Vehicle may enter that Vehicle. Figures do not have to have a smaller height than the Vehicle to enter that Vehicle.
This part does not read well. I understand what is being said, but it reads wrong and I had to read it 4-5 times to catch the difference between size and height there. Can we word this better? Other than that this second version looks better.
Old July 17th, 2011, 06:34 AM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Thinking about it more, I really like that most vehicles will only hold 1 or 2 figures. It seems to simplify things a great deal and not create situations where vehicles would be greatly abused for the movement/passenger aspect. Like loading 4 heavy hitter melee figures into a car and driving them to your opponent's start zone. That example would make some of our other movement powers, like MM Telepathic Directive and Colossus Fastball Special become almost obsolete on maps where vehicles can be used.
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:50 AM

After talking with A3n last night, he actually quickly agreed about the occupancy rate, so I think we are looking good there.
Old July 17th, 2011, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
Quote:
C3G VEHICLE RULES
ENTERING VEHICLES
Figures with a size smaller than that of a Vehicle may enter that Vehicle. Figures do not have to have a smaller height than the Vehicle to enter that Vehicle.
This part does not read well. I understand what is being said, but it reads wrong and I had to read it 4-5 times to catch the difference between size and height there. Can we word this better? Other than that this second version looks better.
Hmm ... anyone have any suggestions on how to better clarify this portion?
Oh, and glad we're all on the same page on occupancy now.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library