Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old August 16th, 2007, 10:09 AM

Baconsteak has disabled reputation
I agree he's pricey... you gotta get your buddies to agree to a large point battle if you wanna field all the good samurai units at once ( and a large map) but even in lower point battles, with the Ahsigaru drafting so cheaply... theres a little room to come up with something built around the unique samurai squads.

I like him in theory anyway
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:10 AM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
He really does make the Ashigaru extremely draftable.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:15 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
This guy means that we should all be playing with 1000 point armies.

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old August 16th, 2007, 10:15 AM

I'm slightly sad he doesn't have counterstrike though... but I guess if the opponent manages to get through your defenses (which should be hard if you're dedicated to defending him with his Order abilities) they deserve a swipe without fear of dying when they reach him.
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
AWESOME! He's definitely more useful in large-scale games, but... MAN! Complete choice in whoever you want to move in your Samurai Army!

Ashigaru are now useful... Taro is now useful... a new army has been born!
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:16 AM

royaldoy has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
This guy means that we should all be playing with 1000 point armies.
Even with the Ashigaru in an army with him, you can field a decent amount of troops for 500.

I choose you...Isamu!
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:18 AM

hex706f726368 has disabled reputation
That's great! I still don't see this doing much for Hatamoto (200+130...), but this guy seems to make the Ashigaru a force now. I can't wait to try them out.

200 Kato Katsuro
180 Ashigaru Harquebus (3)
120 Ashigaru Yari (3)
-----
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Yeah, I agree with a lot of the general sentiment here. He seems a lot like Ornak in that he'll be more useful in large games. Judging from scenarios like the Aarglynn ones, I think the designers might like to see more of those. He'd rock pretty hard in a 1500 point game.

Interesting talking point: of the eastern themed figures, the NotNW are about the only thing that he doesn't bond with, and they seem like a fairly respectable counter to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:20 AM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
AWESOME! He's definitely more useful in large-scale games, but... MAN! Complete choice in whoever you want to move in your Samurai Army!

Ashigaru are now useful... Taro is now useful... a new army has been born!
I agree with johnny here. This guy rocks. You can just toss all your Turn Markers on him and move whoever you want each turn. Wicked power.
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:20 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
Anyone notice the vines on the edge of the card? Wonder if everyone has 'em now?
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:23 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
You're right! So it's not just Aquilla's... Chapter 2 has brought some real changes!

GASP!

Remember earlier this year they said there would be cosmetic changes? These must be them!
Old August 16th, 2007, 10:23 AM

The spiders have predator bonding and are small2 !

Looks like Sujoah is 185 points, this is great, I can't wait for more pictures.

Nice catch on those vines, i guess everything after the swarm of the marrow is gonna be a little bit more swampy... a little way to identify the 'second edition' of heroscape if you want to call it that I guess

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News