Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 16th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
A year without World of Warcraft!

Today marks a year of me not playing WoW. I used to have a level 70 Orc warrior who made himself a shiny purple axe and all, but now I've been clean for 12 months!

Unfortunately it looks like I've picked up a new habit. There are many hexes upon my household. At least 'scape encourages us to get out and meet new people and share good times.

Anyone else quit, or still play that evil game? I can't help but feel that I'm better off now that I've quit doing a a 4 hour instance run every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Last edited by Jexik; April 16th, 2008 at 05:22 PM.
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:44 PM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Re: A year without World of Warcraft!

I played for a little bit, I only got up to lvl 55, but I got tired of the lack of personal interaction (same reason I can't play solo RPG's). I have been playing mainly board games for a while, but I fear that Starcraft II will own my soul soon enough...

Please keep signatures short.
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

I was addicted to MapleStory for about 2 years before I finally came to the realization that it was a monumental waste of time.

I had a few characters level 120+, and then realized all that I'm doing in the game is throwing away the social aspect of my life for some better pixels.

Although, the pixels were pretty cool .... I doubt I will go back to playing MapleStory ever again.
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation

wow nice man and grats...
sadly Im addicted to both WoW and HS..

been playing WoW since the beginning
and HS for several yrs now

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old April 16th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
Although, the pixels were pretty cool .... I doubt I will go back to playing MapleStory ever again.
For me though, it's not just WoW. I've pretty much decided to never play any MMO pixel-chase again.

Quote:
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:05 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!

I was clean for about two-three months...then started a new server with a new friend. But being offline for that long helped me not slide back into playing 2-3 hours every day. Now it's pretty much just a little bit on the weekends, or an hour when I have all my work done for the day.

I tried Second Life for a while, but I don't have enough acquaintances on there to make it worthwhile. I don't think I'd ever want to play another MMO unless it offers something totally innovative, like VR gameplay for a flight/space sim.

One of the most important things HeroScape made me realize is that gaming should always be a social activity. The value in wasting your time throwing dice/mashing buttons is communicating with friends between fights/turns/levels.
Old April 16th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Nooblar, now that you posted, I just remembered the cap you wore in MN. Heh.

Yeah, fall of 2006 I actually quit for about four months, but then I got right back into it when Burning Crusade came out. By February I was back to ludicrous binges, trying to make up for my 2 or 3 weeks of lost leveling time, getting keyed for Karazhan, trying to tank Heroic Blood Furnace or Shattered Halls undergeared and with a LOLDPS spec until the wee hours of the morning... etc. It was fun again, but I had to cut that crap out and graduate college. In April, I said that enough was enough, and I quit.

Two weeks later, I asked that cute, shy, (and a little dorky) girl who lived in my dorm to go see Grindhouse. We're still together now. If I had been playing WoW, I'm almost positive that I never would have made even that lame first move.

Then that July, my friend, the same punk who got me WoW two years earlier, decided to take a chance and get me Heroscape for my birthday.

The rest is history.

Quote:
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:44 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post

Unfortunately it looks like I've picked up a new habit. There are many hexes upon my household. At least 'scape encourages us to get out and meet new people and share good times.
I've never played WoW because I know that if I do I'll be hooked and forget to talk to people. HS is more expensive (I think) but its qualities allow for me to meet friends and such. The interaction I get with others has become the main reason I love the game so much, and it makes me feel better about being addicted to something!
Old April 17th, 2008, 01:02 PM

ewabbie knows what's in an order marker ewabbie knows what's in an order marker
Unhappy Re: A year without World of Warcraft!

Hi, my name is ewabbie and I am an WoW-coholic. I have been WoW free for 7 months 4 days. I first started using Wow at Christmas 2006. It was interfering with my life and some friends made me go cold turkey for a weekend and I have not looked back since. If you have a friend that is a WoW-coholic then do them a favor and step in.

But I can't wait until the WoW minis are released this fall!!!!!!

Old April 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

The only online RPG I've really liked is Kingdom of Loathing. It even limits how much you can play a day, so it's pretty good!

Actually, I play a little Guild Wars, but not too much. I like my Wii games better.
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I've been playing for a few months now and I enjoy it. I mostly play by myself or with the girlfriend. Occasionally, I'll try to get into a group to run a dungeon, early in the game it sucks the groups fall apart or the players just plain suck, but I've found that the pickup groups you can get in the later levels are much better.

I do probably play too much, but that's because I have a job that I mostly do from home with maybe 2-3 hours a day in the office. We'll see how things change in the near future when classes are finished and I have to actually start going in to the office all day.
Old April 17th, 2008, 03:50 PM

keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby! keglo rolls all skulls baby!

I am a recovered Everquest player. I have been clean for a few years now. I can't start playing WoW or I know I'll fall off the wagon. I would hate to see a total of the hours that I wasted Playing Everquest. A big chunk of my life that I'll never get back.

Great trades with Onacara, Gypsy, SirGalahad, elltrain, generalgina, Concord, Just_a_Bill, LongHeroscaper, janus19390, and the very generous obfuscatedhippo.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games