Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old July 20th, 2014, 05:15 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Skulletor

So pardon me for not quite understanding but I want to make sure I understand Force Choke correctly. Pick a figure. Roll a die. If they aren't a force user, add another die to your roll. Then if you roll a skull do you keep rolling a single die or two dice? The power is a titch unclear.

~Dysole, who wants to make sure he plays this right
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Holocron of Darth Vader

I roll one die. If I roll a skull and that figure is a non-Force user, I can continue to roll a single die until I fail to roll a skull.
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:33 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth
Re: Skulletor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole View Post
So pardon me for not quite understanding but I want to make sure I understand Force Choke correctly. Pick a figure. Roll a die. If they aren't a force user, add another die to your roll. Then if you roll a skull do you keep rolling a single die or two dice? The power is a titch unclear.

~Dysole, who wants to make sure he plays this right
I had to read this a few times too before I felt I understood it. They key part is the 'and' I bolded below.

Quote:
If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may roll 1 additional attack die. Continue rolling attack dice in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled.
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

If you roll a skull, assuming the targeted figure doesn't have a force symbol, you roll another die. Then, even if the second die doesn't show a skull, you roll again. Then you keep rolling till you fail to roll a skull.

Last edited by Karat; July 20th, 2014 at 05:39 PM.
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:45 PM

CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby! CrazyTankster rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
If you roll a skull, assuming the targeted figure doesn't have a force symbol, you roll another die. Then, even if the second die doesn't show a skull, you roll again. Then you keep rolling till you fail to roll a skull.
I don't think so. I understand it as you roll a die. If its against a force user that's it, one wound on a skull. If its against a non force user you keep rolling dice, one at a time, till a skull is not rolled. Then you total the wounds.
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:45 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Question Re: The Holocron of Darth Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
That is not how I understood and played it.

1. Choose figure to Force Choke with in 4 spaces of Vader, if Vader is engaged must choose a figure engaged with.

2. Roll 1 attack die, if you do not roll a skull the power ends.

2a. If you rolled a skull and the figure is a Force user, place 1 wound marker and the power ends.

2b. If you rolled a skull and the figure is not a Force user, place 1 wound and roll another attack die. Continue placing wound markers and rolling 1 attack die until you do not roll a skull, at which point the power ends.
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

That's not what it reads though. That's not how it reads though. The force user vs. Non-force user is that line only. The rest is the finishing clause of the power.
Old July 20th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I agree with YK. You continue rolling attack dice until you fail to roll a skull. If the second (or first, or third, etc.) die doesn't show a skull, stop rolling.
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:09 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: The Holocron of Darth Vader *

While I understand the intention, I agree with Karat that the power as written is, at best, very ambiguous on this point. The current text is:
FORCE CHOKE
After moving and before attacking with Darth Vader, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Darth Vader. If Darth Vader is engaged, you may only choose an adjacent figure to Force Choke. Roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may roll 1 additional attack die. Continue rolling attack dice in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled. Force Choke does not affect Droids, Undead, or destructible objects. Darth Vader may not use Force Choke and Force Push on the same turn.
In order to work as Yodaking says, you can just remove some language (and add a "1" for clarity):
FORCE CHOKE
After moving and before attacking with Darth Vader, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Darth Vader. If Darth Vader is engaged, you may only choose an adjacent figure to Force Choke. Roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may roll 1 additional attack die. continue rolling 1 attack die in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled. Force Choke does not affect Droids, Undead, or destructible objects. Darth Vader may not use Force Choke and Force Push on the same turn.
This leaves you with:
FORCE CHOKE
After moving and before attacking with Darth Vader, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Darth Vader. If Darth Vader is engaged, you may only choose an adjacent figure to Force Choke. Roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may continue rolling 1 attack die in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled. Force Choke does not affect Droids, Undead, or destructible objects. Darth Vader may not use Force Choke and Force Push on the same turn.
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: The Holocron of Darth Vader *

kevindola is correct that the key word is the 'and'. That makes the 2nd die have to meet two contingencies:
-Skull rolled with first die
-Non-force User

If either one of those is not met, you cannot roll the second die.
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

FORCE CHOKE
After moving and before attacking with Darth Vader, you may choose a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Darth Vader. If Darth Vader is engaged, you may only choose an adjacent figure to Force Choke. Roll 1 attack die. If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may roll 1 additional attack die. Continue rolling attack dice in this manner until you fail to roll a skull. The chosen figure receives 1 wound for each skull rolled. Force Choke does not affect Droids, Undead, or destructible objects. Darth Vader may not use Force Choke and Force Push on the same turn.

I'm definitely not an English major, but the red line is the part that clarifies thing for me.

1. Roll 1 attack die.
2. If you roll a skull and the chosen figure does not have the Force Leap or Force Push special power, you may roll 1 additional attack die.
3. Continue rolling attack dice in this manner until you fail to roll a skull.

I interpret 'in this manner' as a reference to step 2, which requires a skull to be rolled.
Old July 20th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Now moves with Flying.

No, you just can't roll the additional die as currently worded. You would still keep rollingone attack die as currently worded whether the chosen figure was a force user or not.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape