Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old December 21st, 2009, 06:46 AM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!
Cosmic Encounter

I just picked up a copy of FFG's Cosmic Encounter this morning and got in my first game tonight. I have to say "Wow!" That game blew me away. I had the Sorcerer and was playing against the Pacifist, the Chosen, and the Oracle. It was a nasty, nasty game as we kind of cheated on accident and started the game with our Super Flares and never discarded them when we discarded the rest of our hands. We did play that you could lose them to Zaps, but that's really it. The way you're supposed to play it makes it seem really hard to ever get your Super Flare card. I'll probably be playing again tonight. This game seems like one that will be hard to get off the table.

EDIT - WOW! Just re-read the rules and realized you only have flares for the original 10 races that were dealt at the beginning of the game. We all kept our flare cards and then added 10 more to the deck. It would help if I learned to read before teaching games >_>

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...

Last edited by Drumline3469; December 21st, 2009 at 06:53 AM.
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart
Re: Cosmic Encounter

Cosmic Encounter is one of my fav games EVER.
I have Mayfair edition, all three boxes (this allows games with up to 10 players ^^), but I love the game so much that I was thinking about purchasing FF edition, too...

Last edited by Gabbi; December 21st, 2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: correcting a couple of typos
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:58 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Played this game once at a game day. Really enjoyed it and would love to play it again.
Old December 21st, 2009, 12:59 PM

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabbi View Post
Cosmic Encounters is one of my fav games EVER.
I have Mayfair edition, all three boxex (this allows games with up to 10 players ^^), but I love the game so much that I was thinking about purchasing FF edition, too...

I know the FF comes with 2 Filch cards allowing you to play with the old version or a new and less controversial one. The components themselves are fantastic as with any FF game that I've ever purchased, and the artwork is phenomenal. I'm VERY pleased with it, although I can't speak for the quality of the other ones, I know this one will last a LOOOONG time.

Old December 21st, 2009, 02:12 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

If you want even more insanity, try playing two powers per player. It's all kinds of chaotic goodness.

Are you aware of the expansion coming in Feb?
Old December 21st, 2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_wookiee View Post
If you want even more insanity, try playing two powers per player. It's all kinds of chaotic goodness.

Are you aware of the expansion coming in Feb?

I couldn't find anywhere where it said the date. I always just saw "Q1 2010" or "Early 2010" but yeah. We'll probably get plenty of use out of what we've got here. The only thing I'm kinda bummed out about is that tonight I'll be playing with my young marrieds group of gamers (as opposed to the new college student group I played with last night) and so it'll be a new game and I'm already getting antsy to bust out some of the Intermediate and Advanced races...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games