Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old September 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Utah soundoff

Are we doing general-specific? I wasn't aware that had been finalized...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old September 15th, 2010, 11:07 AM

ortimus has disabled reputation

I think General specific is too limiting (I guess it doesn't matter with my all-minion army anyway)

Wise Man Say, "Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late Pizza!"
Old September 15th, 2010, 03:41 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

ortimus -- Minions again? Where's Braxas...

wjscaper -- You & ortimus are at 100, I'm at 400, The B.I.V. is at 1900+...we have a ways to go...and I need to download a couple programs to begin putting my maps up, too.

Re: dragons/elementals. I think they're all common, so (under the proposed General +1 card option) you could have multiples of two figures.

Re: format
. I thought it would be good to do Something Different! ortimus votes no to General-specific.

Thumbs up/down on these ideas:
(Should this be discussed here or in the NHSD thread?)
Build two armies, only use one each round. I don't remember how you choose between them.

Random draw: Build an army, but you only use yours the first round. For the rest, everyone's army goes into a pot and you pick one other at random to use. You get additional points for how well your army does each round; an incentive for good planning. (too out-of-control for my liking)

General-specific, +1 non-General card type.

A modification? Team-up--your army cards are limited to two Generals.

The usual (anything goes)
Old September 15th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm up for General-specific, +1 non-General card type. Both the armies I've been considering conform to that, anyway...

Or if we really wanted to get crazy:

General-specific, +1 non-General card type AND Build two armies, only use one each round.

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
Old September 16th, 2010, 01:16 AM

ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker ScottManDeath knows what's in an order marker

+2 the usual

+1 build two armies, and the opponent picks the one you have to play with. The player highest in the standing picks first, so the second player can pick the weakest army to fight against; or coin flip for the first round.

+0 for two general team up

-1 General specific. I'm not too excited about it, and it might pose a problem for people with sane amounts of figures

-2 for handing other people my figures.

(I hijacked Andrew's votes for the +/- 2
Old September 16th, 2010, 10:24 AM

I vote for "the Usual" I think some of the other ideas sound like a lot of fun, and we should try them out at a smaller monthly gathering, but where this is the big event of the year, and people usually bring friends, it seems to me that anything out of the ordinary will just confuse people.

What happens if somebody shows up with an Army that doesn't fit the theme? Do you not let them play. Also, the 2 army idea would take too long to decide between games. I'd have to read all the cards of both your armies, and then think about it for a few minutes... Talk about a time suck.

I say stick to the simpleness, and then let's do general specific armies at a less formal/smaller setting.

Old September 16th, 2010, 10:26 AM

Hey, what are the funny little dots under our names? And why do I have a black one, lots of people have a green one and the BIV has about ten of them?

Old September 16th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

They're rep dots, orti.Yours is black because it's disabled. You have to turn them on in your preferences....

Yeah, I guess ortimus makes some good points. We should probably just stick to the standard format for this event...

Brandon

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:59 PM

wjscaper knows what's in an order marker wjscaper knows what's in an order marker

I agree, although, I think it would be fun to play out an all general. We should probably stick with "the usual" just in case not everyone understands the rule. It would be bad to turn someone away. Lets still do it on a monthly get together.

Steve...
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:28 PM

UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun UtahScott is a penguin with a machine gun

I've been convinced. Armies: Anything goes, as usual.

No doubt there will be players who won't know about a "single-General" restriction; they'll bring a standard mish-mash, some will be offended because the restriction wasn't universally followed, and the mish-mashers will be offended because they don't want to change their army, and...a mess.

Marvel. It's been three years, and we ain't gettin' any more superheroes. Should we allow it, or not? I say yes, they're ten "official" figures, even though they were designed to be separate, and we've never allowed them before in NHSD.

Attendance clarification for tournament support:
Check the attendance list--I need "maybes" changed to "definites" ASAP.

Copy this and add yourself here if absent...
NHSD Oct. 9 RSVP - 17 definite (as of 9/18):
1) UtahScott
2) The B.I.V.
3) wjscaper
4) BiggaBullfrog (Vernal)
5) Beisaic
6-7) Beisaic's friends
8-9) ScottManDeath +1
10) Deadmaxx (NV)
11-15) Onslaught +4 (Ut. County)
16) tannergx
17) HokshilaTo (moved)

Probable/possible:
18 ) Ninjaman1993
19-20) Paul + 1
21) ortimus

Last edited by UtahScott; September 19th, 2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:18 PM

Vivaldi is surprisingly tart

I'm pretty darn excited for this. Put me down in the definite column please.
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

Paul and nicholas are a NO, I repeat, Paul and Nicholas are a NO-GO!

And I vote no Marvel. If I have to face Viv's Captain America/Raelin/Ana monstrosity again, I will cry...

Brandon

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers