Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Old May 6th, 2015, 09:17 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: X-Wing

Monday night I played in a huge battle with 5 players and 300 points per side.

My buddy Brian, on the left, provided all the ships and stuff. I think we used like 20 of his 66 total ships. He and some others in my group were part of the original playtesters for the game and gave some great feedback that was incorporated into the game. He also usually demos X-Wing at GenCon every year for FFG in the demo hall.

I've never done any tourneys, so I'm sure I'd get trashed in one because I don't know all the builds and whatnot (not to mention I sold my stuff to Porkins). If I play 2 player it's just casual. It's been awhile since I've played at all, and it often tends to be 2 or 3 players a side, choosing a point allowance and then start building. Usually we just try out stuff to see how they play, so not too intense on the max out squad building.

I sometimes regret not keeping my stuff and getting more, for if nothing else but to plan builds. But when one friend (Brian) has 60+ ships, and other friends have a ton too, it's kind of hard to justify me keeping my stuff and buying more into it just to be able to pre-build stuff.

Anyway, it was a blast getting to play this again, especially since we (Rebels) won. I like the A-Wings and got to try out he YT-2400 for the first time and that was fun.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 6th, 2015, 10:35 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Looks like a fun battle! That's a lot of ships on the table at one time.
@Hahma Yet Another Squad Builder allows you to build a list and print it out or save it. I keep my favorite lists saved on my computer so when I play, I just pick one of those lists. Eventually I plan to print out a list of fleets and keep it in my binder with my pilot and upgrade cards. The long set-up time is my biggest problem with X-wing.
Old May 6th, 2015, 10:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post
Looks like a fun battle! That's a lot of ships on the table at one time.
@Hahma Yet Another Squad Builder allows you to build a list and print it out or save it. I keep my favorite lists saved on my computer so when I play, I just pick one of those lists. Eventually I plan to print out a list of fleets and keep it in my binder with my pilot and upgrade cards. The long set-up time is my biggest problem with X-wing.
Sounds like a great idea Arch-vile. I may have to start looking into that for future reference and make up some different point squads "just in case" I need them.

Old May 7th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Next tourney that I'm going to, I'm going to run this:

OGP w Tactician x2 x 4

That's right 4 shuttles all with 2 tacticians on board. The hope is I stress the crap out of them in the first volley or 2 so it takes them just as long to turn around as it does the shuttles!

Now I just have to find 6 more tacticians....
I think I found your favorite X-Wing video then, Matthias:

Commentary starts once dice start rolling.
Old May 7th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:

OGP w Tactician x2 x 4

That's right 4 shuttles all with 2 tacticians on board. The hope is I stress the crap out of them in the first volley or 2 so it takes them just as long to turn around as it does the shuttles!

I think I found your favorite X-Wing video then, Matthias:

Commentary starts once dice start rolling.
Already watched it last night!!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old May 8th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man that just sounds mean, yet fun.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old May 29th, 2015, 08:36 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Anyone going to the Ohio Regional tomorrow? Or a Regional in general?
Old May 29th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Prickly Cactus

Have you guys seen the Imperial Raider yet? While I've sold my meager collection, I have buddies that have everything released so far, and multiples of most of the stuff. I know 3 guys that are already getting the Imperial Raider to add to their collection.

Old May 29th, 2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Have you guys seen the Imperial Raider yet? While I've sold my meager collection, I have buddies that have everything released so far, and multiples of most of the stuff. I know 3 guys that are already getting the Imperial Raider to add to their collection.
Yep! Looking forward to it, even though I don't play Imperial!

The Tie/x1 title and Emperor Palpatine are going to shake up the metagame big time.
Old June 1st, 2015, 10:28 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

OGP w Tactician x2 x 4

You can troll harder than that though. What you do is cloak 4 25 point Phantoms and bump them into each other in your own starting zone such that they won't move and can remain stationary for as long as you need. Once something gets close you uncloak your invisible fortress and unleash your 16 dice Death Star laser upon someone's ship and take it off the board in one volley.

The funny thing about 'conventional' fortresses is that the person facing the fortress will stall out the game until the last turn or two, and try to snipe something to win without losing anything himself. The invisible fortress is harder to counter, since the 4 Phantom player actually has the advantage in the last turn snipe scenario.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old June 2nd, 2015, 12:43 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That's an interesting strategy, PGS. Have you actually tried that in a game? If so, was it successful?

Seems like it could be kinda douchebaggery - yet fun at the same time, lol.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 2nd, 2015, 01:32 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post
That's an interesting strategy, PGS. Have you actually tried that in a game? If so, was it successful?

Seems like it could be kinda douchebaggery - yet fun at the same time, lol.
I haven't tried it yet due to a combination of factors, chief among them that the turnout to the game days around here has been a bit low recently due to everyone getting jobs or wrecking their car and having to work more or whatever. So I'd rather not field the ultimate in negative play experience lists lol.

There are other lists I've been wanting to try out also, like Biggs, Tarn Mison + R7 Astromech, and 2x Red Squadron with 2x R7 Astromechs. The concept is that if you guess what ships are going to be shooting at which X Wings correctly they'll all be pretty much invincible like Tarn Mison with an R7 is against any single attack. Plus, I recently got my 4th Lambda and 8th Tactician.

There is also this list concept I came up with called Swarm+, where you fly 72 points of TIE Fighters/Z-95's and a 28 point 'power' ship. This could be anything, like a generic falcon for 27 points plus a one point upgrade, a Lambda shuttle with 7 points into it, generic Phantom, one of the (Scum) HWKs tricked out, etc. So I have a ton of lists I want to try out in addition to ones I've played a few times and liked a lot and want to fly more, such as 5x Alpha Squadron and 5x Autothrusters.

My collection is stupid large, I can field a spam list composed entirely of any single ship in the game besides for YT-2400's, HWK's, and M3-A Interceptors. I used to be able to field 8 Rebel Z-95's but I traded my 8th one for a 7th Scum Z-95, so I have 7 of each of those. So I have so much stuff that I want to play yet I can only play once or twice a week.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures