Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 26th, 2011, 07:16 PM

LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker LUCKE13 knows what's in an order marker
Re: Des Moines Double Down

Thanks for the great games everyone, my son and I had a blast! Thank you Obsidian for organizing this event!
Old March 26th, 2011, 10:25 PM

twotongues is surprisingly tart

Thanks Obsidian for a great tournament! Thanks Supergeek for putting up with the Beatrice crew (I mean putting us up)! We had a great time and it was good to see everyone again.
Old March 27th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thank you Obsidian for putting on the Des Moines Double Down... I don't think we can have enough Heroscape events in the midwest... thank you again ... your efforts were appreciated by all.

Here are some pictures from yesterday:

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023
Old March 27th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

A big thanks to Obsidian and his crew for throwing this thing. It was a good time. And congratulations to Raider30 for winning the tournament. (Sorry Clarissimus but your army was the ultimate girly army so you get no props . Raider30 does because he's a rookie...)

Also I think Obsidian had by far the coolest army and strategy of all the armies there.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; March 27th, 2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: C'mon Q9, Laglor and Trons?!? You should be wearing a skirt...
Old March 27th, 2011, 05:27 PM

Temprit is surprisingly tart

Sorry we didn't make it. Things didn't work out at the last second. Hope everyone had fun!

"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory."
Old March 27th, 2011, 06:02 PM

cRaZy♫♥AnGeL Woo who?

Just a quick note to say THANKS to Obsidian and the helpers who put on the tourney! It was ALOT of fun!! I enjoy seeing all the familiar faces and the new too Nice to see a few more girls there too!
Another BIG THANK YOU to SUPERGEEK for allowing us from Beatrice to hang out the night before and crash at his place. Thanks so much you were a great host =)

Here's a few pics from the tourney that Stubobj took.

Oh and thanks to Codeman too for posting some great pics!

Ok I just tried posting the pics and they didn't work - so will figure out what I did wrong and try again

Last edited by cRaZy♫♥AnGeL; March 27th, 2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: pics didn't work
Old March 27th, 2011, 09:51 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
A big thanks to Obsidian and his crew for throwing this thing. It was a good time. And congratulations to Raider30 for winning the tournament. (Sorry Clarissimus but your army was the ultimate girly army so you get no props . Raider30 does because he's a rookie...)

Also I think Obsidian had by far the coolest army and strategy of all the armies there.
Yeah thanks for putting on the tourney! We all had a great time. Also a big thanks to Clarissimus for jumping in at the last minute to be my partner after mine had to bail(let that be a lesson to you youngin's - study so you don't get grounded!).

I'd never played that army before, but even though Matthias explained the basic concept on the trip up, to be honest it rarely was able to work like I think it was supposed to work. Almost every match, had us facing large and huge figures for most of the opposing army. Which meant they Glad couldn't lock down guys like they were supposed to. Plus like 3 of the 5 maps we played on had lots of height, odd los blockers, etc. which a lot of times prevented the big boosts from getting a guy surrounded.

Not to mention the few times Clarissimus was able to pull off 4 attacks of 6, he rolled insanely bad (1 skull, no skulls, 1 skull...finally 4 skulls). I think only 3 units did we take down from swarming them. Charros, Nilfheim, and Shurrak. Though in the last game we did manage to lock down Ethale(sp?) before she could do too much damage to us, but that was a kind of close call. Most of the time we had to pick apart the other armies 1 skull at a time. 3 attacks of 3 from Q9 sound great until you are facing a constant 6-8 defense from the larger units.

Actually the last match had the most potential for our army to perform as I think it was intended to, but Obsidian played really well, and took down pretty much everyone. He was rolling crazy shields until near the end of the game, while a lot of our attacks were one skull at a time. To his credit, near the end he could have played hide and seek(for a bit anyway, we had enough time left I'm sure we could have caught up to him eventually with Laglor's 7 range), but he didn't run, he fought until the end.

Our craziest match, which also had to be one of the most fun I'd ever played had at various points Q9 going literally toe-to-toe with Q9 and slugging it out. It had Clarissimus, when we needed it the most, roll a 1 with the wound glyph and kill one of his few remaining guys. As well as a couple of really lucky rolls on our side early in the game which helped out. Can't remember the team we were playing but it was tense and crazy fun and I think they would agree. I think it was "The Last Minutes" maybe?(the guys who's wives also played.)

Anyway, thanks again for the tourney!

- Raider30
Old March 28th, 2011, 12:16 AM

Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness Clarissimus wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Q9 doesn't wear a skirt, just a dominating metal pelvic thrust.

Actually the Trons did a lot more than he did in what turned out to be a hero-heavy field. Q9 helped some too but never killed his points' worth. Laglor was definitely the MVP for his last-game heroics, single-handedly taking down several squads of Mezzodemons after I was all out of Trons.

I never lay awake at night wondering how to design an army that will help me win 40% of my games. -- Jexik

Do NOT click this link.
Old March 28th, 2011, 09:03 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow! What a good day for Heroscape.
Thanks to everyone for coming. Thanks to SuperGeek , Iowa_Scaper, and Mrs_Iowa_Scaper for helping me with the maps. Thanks to Codeman for all of the great pictures. Thanks to Jay’s for hosting and giving to the prize table. Thanks to everyone again for you patience at the beginning of the day when we had to scramble to fix the teams because a person didn’t make it to the tournament.

I wanted to try the Mezzos because they just seemed like they really change the dynamic of squad play. I think the Exoskeleton markers make up for the fact that they are a two man squad. Once you get 2 or three of these guys onto high ground, they’ll be rolling 4 or 5 attack dice which usually inflicts at least one would on whatever, and they are really hard to knock off of height. They are also amazing glyph holders. On my first game I was able to grab def + 1 and move + 2 which made these guys down right terrifying. Mezzos are a lot of fun! Just be careful around special attackers, which is where Eltahale comes in…

Eltahale was my special attacker assassin. I gave her the Belt of Giant Strength and Wetstone of Venom. My plan was to thunderstep her in through the rabble and knock the clocks off of things like Q9(or 10), Braxus, Nilfhiem, or anything else that would tear through my Mezzos. I crunched the numbers, and Eltahale has a 54% chance to kill Q9 in one hit with these two glyphs (that’s a little lower than what I told you fomox). If I could grab height, it was a 63.7% chance. I never encountered Raelin, but Eltahale would have knocked her out in one hit 65.25% of the time. This worked for me most of the day, except in the last match. Q9 I had planned for. Q9 and rats I had planned for. Glad/Blasts I had planned for. I did NOT expect Q9 + Glad/Blasts. Nasty. Cyberclaw totally negates Tunderstep, so Eltahale wasn’t able to do her job.

Here are a few highlights of the day. I loved playing against Jack and Jae (team name: The Best, Ever). I’ve been friends with Jae since pre-school and have known Jack for almost that long. I was really stressing out trying to get everyone set for the first round, and those two helped me put things in perspective and gave me a fun game. I loved Jack’s defiance when my Mezzos would make an adjacent attack against his phantom knights: “Insubstantial Zero!” stubobj and crazyAngel gave me one heck of a fight. Eltahale put 6 wounds on Braxus in the second turn of the first round. Braxus then took off towards the healing glyph while I scramble with one Mezzo attack and disengaging three times with Eltahale to finish her off. That was a scary time. Codeman documented Braxus’ flight towards the glyph, and you can see the worry in my body language. Thanks you two for moving to the other side of the map for me, and for pointing out that Nilfhiem wouldn’t be engaged to Marcu towards the end. These two are top notch players, both in skill and in sportsmanship.

Iowa_Scaper has the results on his computer. I’ll try to get those posted here along with what the armies were.

Old March 28th, 2011, 11:59 AM

Supergeek knows what's in an order marker Supergeek knows what's in an order marker

Now that I have internet again, I would also like to thank Obsidian and crew for throwing this shindig. I had a blast and Jay's CD & Hobby is a super cool store.
It was also great to see all of my 'Scaping friends again.

I <3 HeroScape tournaments!
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM

Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness Obsidian wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Here are the results:
1. Vydar's Finest (Clarissimus and Raider 30)
2. Punch you in the Face (stubobj and CrazyAngel)
3. Null Pointer (Obsidian)
4. Ken's Fault (Matthias and Fomox)
5. The Last Minutes (Iowa_Scaper and Heff)
6. 4th Stinger Line (Codeman and Velshen)
7. Two Tounges and SuperGeek
8. Eliminator (LUCKE13 & LUCKE13's son)
9. Matthias is a Girl (Tiny Timmy and Nathan)
10. Mrs. Last Minutes (Mrs. Iowa_Scaper and Cara)
11. The Best, Ever (Jack and Jae)
12. Laupow (Laupow and Laupow's Dad)

Last edited by Obsidian; April 12th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old March 31st, 2011, 12:09 AM

twotongues is surprisingly tart

Ha ha the team that came in 7th has a stupid name! Should have went with 2Geeks or Super tongues!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events