Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 21st, 2006, 11:15 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
I don't have cable! Any other avenues to watch this outside of renting dvds?
You can see it on youtube.

I have gotten my whole family (and most of my friends) addicted to this show. The concept is just so awesome. Sure I cringe in a few of the kid "boyfriend & girlfriend ahh." scenes but the good totally outways the bad.

And I really liked the Ba Sing Se story arc. It was nice diversion from the fire nation.

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old November 21st, 2006, 11:20 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I watched it for awhile, I love it. Though I havn't got the chance latley. I'm probobly going to buy the DVDs that are out at the moment(so I can catch up with the series).

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:30 AM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Johnny, no, I wasn't counting anime. I like some anime, but it's not generally kids fare. When I think cartoon, I think something my kids can watch with me. Animated program and cartoon are not really the same thing.

But even if I did count anime, I tend to think Avatar stacks pretty well against most of it. Cowboy Bebop and Akira are some great pieces of anime - two of my favorites - but I still prefer Avatar.

What's DCAU?
Old November 22nd, 2006, 08:47 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityMax
Johnny, no, I wasn't counting anime. I like some anime, but it's not generally kids fare. When I think cartoon, I think something my kids can watch with me. Animated program and cartoon are not really the same thing.

But even if I did count anime, I tend to think Avatar stacks pretty well against most of it. Cowboy Bebop and Akira are some great pieces of anime - two of my favorites - but I still prefer Avatar.

What's DCAU?
DC (You know, Batman, Superman) Animated Universe. Batman the Animated Series pioneered the modern era of intelligent animation! Without that, we'd still be watching campy 80s shows!

Once again, opinions. Avatars alright, but... 8/10 at best. Not my favorite show.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
I freaking love the show.
Best show on Nick.
With SpongeBob a distant second.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Once again Joah and I prove that we are the same freakin' person.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Man Genius

InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness InfinityMax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Yes, the old Batman: TAS was groundbreaking. When it was on, all my friends and family knew not to call me between 5 and 5:30, because I would not answer the phone, as I was watching Batman.

But Avatar's better than Batman. Now I can answer the phone, though, because now I have DVR.
Old November 22nd, 2006, 03:43 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Avatar>Batman. You know there is something funny about that. When I first saw the Avatar commercials a year or two ago, I knew that this was going to be one of the stupidest shows Nick had ever produced. I was absoloutley sure it was going to be horrible. It is a good thing that my sister insisted on wacthing ithe pilot, even after I said how mad I was going to be if we wasted our time on that show. I was wrong. And now I find this the best cartoon on television. In fact, Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of my top 3 shows currently airing on television.

P.S. Did anybody know that this show is called Avatar: The Legend of Ang in Britain?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old November 22nd, 2006, 04:35 PM

bushi96 has disabled reputation
I watch this with my son all of the time. Awesome cartoon. My wife even likes it. I need to download more episodes...

My son hates it when we are on the couch watching it and I attempt some 'airbending' of my own...

"I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat animals who are"
~G. Marx~
Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
Just what I was thinking.
Seriously MW, I hope you can make it to GenCon next year.
We need to hit the Ram, have a couple, and then we can start finishing each others sentences.

Here's a bummer, no Avatar today.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 05:45 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
Just what I was thinking.
Seriously MW, I hope you can make it to GenCon next year.
We need to hit the Ram, have a couple, and then we can start finishing each others sentences.

Here's a bummer, no Avatar today.
I'm planning on being there. Of course when we meet it may create a nexus in the universe and end life as our universe knows it.

Old November 22nd, 2006, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I'm planning on being there. Of course when we meet it may create a nexus in the universe and end life as our universe knows it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV