Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM

Captain G is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question about Marrden Nagrubs & Hivelord

Hey Everyone,

New to the boards and HeroScape but have a question that I hope deserves an answer. In the new Swarm of the Marro set the Marrden Nagrubs, Hivelord Life Bonding allows you to take a turn with your Hivelord according to their card. With that said if you have 2 units of Marrden Nagrubs you can allow your Hivelord to make two complete turns and his appropriate attacks prior to his normal turn, that would mean a total of 18 attacks per round. Is that correct? It seems like that is way to many attacks and moves per turn.

We played the new set and scenario at GENCON a few weeks ago and the Hivelord stomped all over the board and the game was over in two turns. It just seems to powerful.

Direction would be greatly appreciated.

Captain G
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Question about Marrden Nagrubs & Hivelord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
Hey Everyone,

New to the boards and HeroScape but have a question that I hope deserves an answer. In the new Swarm of the Marro set the Marrden Nagrubs, Hivelord Life Bonding allows you to take a turn with your Hivelord according to their card. With that said if you have 2 units of Marrden Nagrubs you can allow your Hivelord to make two complete turns and his appropriate attacks prior to his normal turn, that would mean a total of 18 attacks per round. Is that correct? It seems like that is way to many attacks and moves per turn.

We played the new set and scenario at GENCON a few weeks ago and the Hivelord stomped all over the board and the game was over in two turns. It just seems to powerful.

Direction would be greatly appreciated.

Captain G
An order marker placed on the Nagrub's card allows for 1 turn with them. With Hiveloard Bonding, you may, prior to executing your turn with the 'Grub squad, take a turn with a Hivelord. When that Hiveloard turn is completed, you take a turn with 1 squad worth of Nagrubs. After that, your opponent takes a turn.

LongHeroscaper's Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners and TribesofWar's Turn Flow Turn Phases may help you to get a better grip on the flow of game play.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:18 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Welcome to the site/the game, Captain G! Great question. When you take a turn with a common squad, you may only take a turn with the equivalent of one squad of them (in this case, you would use any three Marrden Nagrubs you control). In the case of the presently existing "bonding" abilities, such as Hivelord Life Bonding, the hero that takes a turn before the squad would thus only be able to be able to take one turn.
Does that help?

EDIT: Wow, Cav's on it! He even put in the extra links... go Cav, go!
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:22 PM

Thanks but I still believe this just can't be correct, with that said if you have 2 units of Marrden Nagrubs the next unit goes after your opponent and they can activate the Hivelord and after your opponent again goes the Hivelord can activate himself. In the case of the Tor-Kul-Na Hivelord he would get 18 attacks during that entire turn phase?
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:25 PM

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, I think I see... were you playing where Tor-Kul-Na was able to move before each individual Nagrub or before the whole squad?
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadom View Post
Welcome to the site/the game, Captain G! Great question. When you take a turn with a common squad, you may only take a turn with the equivalent of one squad of them (in this case, you would use any three Marrden Nagrubs you control). In the case of the presently existing "bonding" abilities, such as Hivelord Life Bonding, the hero that takes a turn before the squad would thus only be able to be able to take one turn.
Does that help?

That makes much more sense, so he can only take one turn per round, correct?
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Thanks but I still believe this just can't be correct, with that said if you have 2 units of Marrden Nagrubs the next unit goes after your opponent and they can activate the Hivelord and after your opponent again goes the Hivelord can activate himself. In the case of the Tor-Kul-Na Hivelord he would get 18 attacks during that entire turn phase?
Let's assume you have all 3 Order Markers on Nagrubs.

Turn 1: Reveal OM 1 on 'Grubs, prior to using any of them, use Tor-Kul-Na. When you are finished with Tor-Kul-Na's turn, take a turn using up to to a maximum of 3 of your 'Grubs (regardless of how many you have on the board. Your opponent then reveals OM 1 and proceeds to take his turn.

Turn 2: Reveal OM 2 on 'Grubs, prior to using any of them, use Tor-Kul-Na. When you are finished with Tor-Kul-Na's turn, take a turn using up to a maximum of 3 of your 'Grubs (regardless of how many you have on the board. Your opponent then reveals OM 2 and proceeds to take his turn.

Turn 3: Reveal OM 3 on 'Grubs, prior to using any of them, use Tor-Kul-Na. When you are finished with Tor-Kul-Na's turn, take a turn using up to a maximum of 3 of your 'Grubs (regardless of how many you have on the board. Your opponent then reveals OM 3 and proceeds to take his turn.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Does that help?

He can only take one turn per Order Marker (either on him or on the Nagrubs who would then activate him), with there being three Turns/Order Markers per round. Does that make sense?
EDIT: Maybe I should stop trying
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Quote:
Does that help?

Correct, which is what I said.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Oh, I think I see... were you playing where Tor-Kul-Na was able to move before each individual Nagrub or before the whole squad?
No, each squad but with 2 squads he would get the extra move from each squad and then his own? Sorry for the stupid questions but I want to make sure I fully understand this characters abilities.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
Quote:
No, each squad but with 2 squads he would get the extra move from each squad and then his own? Sorry for the stupid questions but I want to make sure I fully understand this characters abilities.
Only one squad gets to take a turn per Order Marker. See my previous post.

Quote:
Let's assume you have all 3 Order Markers on Nagrubs.

Turn 1: Reveal OM 1 on 'Grubs, prior to using any of them, use Tor-Kul-Na. When you are finished with Tor-Kul-Na's turn, take a turn using up to to a maximum of 3 of your 'Grubs (regardless of how many you have on the board. Your opponent then reveals OM 1 and proceeds to take his turn.

Turn 2: Reveal OM 2 on 'Grubs, prior to using any of them, use Tor-Kul-Na. When you are finished with Tor-Kul-Na's turn, take a turn using up to a maximum of 3 of your 'Grubs (regardless of how many you have on the board. Your opponent then reveals OM 2 and proceeds to take his turn.

Turn 3: Reveal OM 3 on 'Grubs, prior to using any of them, use Tor-Kul-Na. When you are finished with Tor-Kul-Na's turn, take a turn using up to a maximum of 3 of your 'Grubs (regardless of how many you have on the board. Your opponent then reveals OM 3 and proceeds to take his turn.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Cav explained it in his above post as best as I could hope to.
And it's in no way a stupid question, I'm glad that you want to understand, I'm glad that you picked up on the game-breaking imbalance, and I'm glad that you're willing to ask about it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's