Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old October 24th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
My first Tournament-Style army!

OK, I'm hoping to go to a tournament soon, 500 points. I've been puting together an army, and I'd like to here what you think of it.

Marcus Decimus Gallus
Sgt. Drake Alexander
Airborne Elite
Izumi Samurai
Roman Legionnaires
4th Massachusets Line

Any comments? Suggestions? I'm open to all (well, most) ideas.
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Bobbo has disabled reputation
Well, I don't understand the Izumi Samurai in the army. You might be better served dropping them and picking up a second set of Romans. The movement bonus for Drake is cool, but you could even drop him for another set of 4th Mass and Romans, making your ending army:

Marcus
Airborne Elite
Legionaires x3
4th Mass x2
(is my math right, or am I 10 over?)

I'm a big fan of the redundancy that multiple common squads give you. Of course, if you don't have 3 squads of Legionaires, then you are stuck. Or you could drop one squad for Me-Burq-Sa and spread out the bonding ability. Actually, that would probably be better than the 3rd squad of Romans.

A quick question about your setup as you have it. I'm assuming that you are planning on setting Marcus up for the 4th Mass or Elite boost, but I would think that having both in the same army is slightly overkill. I'd drop the 4th Mass and pick up another squad of Romans, and just let Marcus boost the AE. If you don't have another squad of 4th Mass, then you are better off just using the Airborne in their role.

I got nuthin...
Old October 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Master Custom Creator

Euryon is surprisingly tart
Marcus, AE, Romans, 4th Mass all work well.
Drake... He's a soldier and a useful fig, but I don't think he sits well in a tournament army. Quite pricey and any special attack will stick him up.
The Izumi are nice, but I think the removal of drake and Izumi for 170 points would be good...

You could stick in 1 or 2 more 4th Mass, or another romans, another mass and Me Burq Sa, or NGS, 2 romans... A lot of combinations.

What figs do you have available? MS and Wave 1 and 2?

On my command, fix bayonets.
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:29 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
2x 4th Mass
2x Romans
1x Marcus
1x Drake
1x Me Burq Sa

That is what I would do. The Romans and Mass are begging to be used in at least doubles.

Me Burq Sa's bonding is great with the Romans and allows for some nice speed with light range.

I don't think the Izumi would be necessary in this build and taking them out allows for a more cohesive army.

Also, I took out the AE because they are too inconsitant for a tourney army in my eyes.
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Uh...

Two sets of Romans, one set of Linesmen. Heroes for the first three sets, and Snipers and Vipers. Along with Orm's Return and the Warriors and Soulborgs pack from Wave 5.

Yeah, not too many...
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:05 PM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!
A couple of options with the units you have and keeping as much of the army you wanted intact:

Marcus - 100
Romans x 2 - 100
AE - 110
310 points
(we'll keep these because they're good and they work together)

With the 190 left, you could use:

Negoksa - 90 (hes a warlord and a tank)
Meburqsa - 50 (warlord and range)
Marro Warriors - 50 (awesome for 50 points)
(I think this hybrid marro/soldier army would be good and fun. Also, I don't think there is any use for only one squad of 4th Mass Line)

OR

Negoksa, Krav - 190
Old October 24th, 2006, 06:06 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I do love the Krav, and Ne-Gok-Sa is a favorite of mine. Thanks for all of your help!
Old October 25th, 2006, 01:33 AM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness
yea, with the romans it's like all or nothing. u need to have more of them most likely. izumi samurai prolly aren't the best choice. 60 points could be given to some range unti surely
Old October 25th, 2006, 02:42 AM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
I would keep your original army, but swap the Izumi for the Roman archers.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old October 25th, 2006, 09:07 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelord
I would keep your original army, but swap the Izumi for the Roman archers.
Are you serious?
Old October 25th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

OK, I also plan to get all of the Flagbearers by tournament time.

Anyone have any ideas with those?
Old October 25th, 2006, 04:06 PM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation
I dunno if this has been mentioned already but does anyone even know what the flagbearers are going to do?

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion