Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old May 30th, 2008, 02:44 PM

Padwhite is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
TV Show: The Venture Brothers

I can't believe nobody has started a thread on the Venture Brothers! Season 3 starts Sunday June 1st! I can't wait.

Quite possibly my favorite television show ever.

Go Team Venture!

PS. In case you missed it, I made cards for Brock and the boys.
Old May 30th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: TV Show: The Venture Brothers

Ah, yes, Venture Brothers... fantastic show. It's so over-the-top, even the bloody violence that would usually make me sick to my stomach is hilarious. For example, when Brock goes and SLAUGHTERS a room full of guards, and when... erm... "interrogating" the last one, he discovers that the guy has a strange lump, so he lets him go, even though he just killed a bunch of healthy men. I mean... that's gold.

On a somewhat related note, I was a tad disappointed when I heard Hahn on the podcast and he didn't sound like Brock. Just a tad.
Old May 30th, 2008, 11:15 PM

The first episode I saw was the one where the croc comes out of the X1, and he slaughters it, splattering blood all over. I though "that's so disgusting, but I can't stop laughing".
Old May 31st, 2008, 12:36 AM

yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby! yagyuninja rolls all skulls baby!

My favorite cartoon ever, for sure.
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:43 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
On a somewhat related note, I was a tad disappointed when I heard Hahn on the podcast and he didn't sound like Brock. Just a tad.
Sorry man I just look like him.

I watched this episode last night and it ROCKED! If the rest of season 3 is like this it could be the best year EVER.

Warning.....if you have not watched the first two seasons you might miss out on a lot.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 31st, 2008, 11:49 PM

You watched it last night?!!? How did you manage that? Us mere mortals will just have to wait until tomorrow night I guess.
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:59 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padwhite View Post
You watched it last night?!!? How did you manage that? Us mere mortals will just have to wait until tomorrow night I guess.
Every Friday @ 6 PM Eastern As hosts the upcoming Episode.

http://www.adultswim.com/video/index.html

In the past it was only up for 24 hours but I just checked and it's still there.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:25 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahnarama View Post
I watched this episode last night and it ROCKED! If the rest of season 3 is like this it could be the best year EVER.

Warning.....if you have not watched the first two seasons you might miss out on a lot.
It was pretty funny. Definitely a great beginning.

I don't know how anyone could follow this show without seeing the previous seasons. Get those DVD sets and catch up!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker

My love for Dr. Girlfriend has increased 3-fold. I can't believe it's been so long since the end of Season 2.

Environmentalists make great compost.
Old June 2nd, 2008, 01:52 PM

Thanks a lot Hahnarama! I didn't know that was there. I was able to watch it Sat., then again last night. This is one of those shows that has so much going on that it gains from multiple viewings. This one didn't disappoint, except maybe that we didn't see much of Brock and we didn't see the boys at all. That should, hopefully, be remedied next episode.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:13 AM

Blackrock is surprisingly tart

Ah, simply magnifique! Best show on [as] by far, if only the rest of the station matched the standards (not that I don't enjoy the other shows for their own charm). It's been a while since I saw the Season 2 finalé, I had to read a synopsis to refresh my memory. All I remembered was David Bowie.
Call me dim, but I didn't understand what Dr. Girlfriend's secret at the very beginning was. I seem to recall the last season ended with her about to say something to the Monarch, possibly intended to make the viewer think, "Is she pregnant?" or something like that. And then... she gets cut off but the Monarch speaks as if she spilled the beans. Was she warning him of the impending attack by the Guild?
Old June 3rd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

^ I'm assuming she told him that she was working for the Guild, and made him quit chasing Dr. Venture because they told her to tell him to... I'm assuming.

Anyways, great start to the season. A little more plot heavy than comedy heavy, but anything with the "Midgitlers" got me chuckling, and Phantom Limb sneaking up on Manotaur had be cracking up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV