Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old March 9th, 2007, 12:23 PM

turok has disabled reputation
Hi there Ketch, just wondering what time on Friday night we can start setting maps up. thanks.
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:29 PM

Giark has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Ketch
You are!
There are 2 of almost all the maps.

Check the front page for which maps are being built by who.
I have not changed anyone's assignment.
Ah, it was not clear that there are 2 of every map. Luckily, I found that out before making up only one set of signs.

Check out my latest project at
www.fbnmultimedia.com
Old March 9th, 2007, 01:30 PM

TyrionXavier has disabled reputation
Did you ever decide if we're allowed Sidebars?

Has been away for quite a while. But is back now.
Old March 9th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Ketch is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrionXavier
Did you ever decide if we're allowed Sidebars?
We will not have side bars this tournament.
Among the triumverate could I call us... it was a 2 to 1 vote against, and they also convinced the 1 that there are reasons against.
Though there are always good reasons for.

We're not going to debate it right now...but we welcome an open debate on it for next tournament.

@Giark,
Yeah, sorry. I guess I forgot to mention explicitly there were 2 of each map. EXCEPT the playoff maps.
You can tell how many there are by who is building them.

So 2x each round robin map, and 1x each playoff map.

@Turok,
Around 9:00 PM in the evening,
the night before.
If that time is not good for anyone building maps, let me know I can show up at another time of the day to help you.

::Nathan Hoel::
Old March 10th, 2007, 04:03 PM

Cherubim1979 has disabled reputation
Is it setup such a way that those who are building multiple maps will have their maps in one certain location to keep separate from other peoples pieces so that things don't have the chance to get confused or jumbled?

Also, I will be there for the 9pm build.

Steph wants to know if she will have help with the registration stuff, well more that she hopes there will be someone else that she can hang out with during the gaming, so that she is not bored!

"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing, and the worst thing that you can do is nothing." --- Theodore Roosevelt.
Old March 10th, 2007, 09:28 PM

Awesome!!! I will be there at 21:00. My wife thinks I am such a geek for being so excited about "a silly game", but I don't care, I am not ashamed of my geekness.
I'm having fun trying to assemble an acceptable army, looking at all my cards, trying different combos. Usually when i play i just evenly deal out all the cards to however many are playing and we pick from the pile we are dealt, mostly for time saving. It takes awhile to set up a map and if we all took turns picking from the ever expanding deck it would just be too much. So as a result i have never spent a ton of time looking at all the abilities and how they would work together the best. Anyhow
see you soon.
Old March 10th, 2007, 09:28 PM

Awesome!!! I will be there at 21:00. My wife thinks I am such a geek for being so excited about "a silly game", but I don't care, I am not ashamed of my geekness.
I'm having fun trying to assemble an acceptable army, looking at all my cards, trying different combos. Usually when i play i just evenly deal out all the cards to however many are playing and we pick from the pile we are dealt, mostly for time saving. It takes awhile to set up a map and if we all took turns picking from the ever expanding deck it would just be too much. So as a result i have never spent a ton of time looking at all the abilities and how they would work together the best. Anyhow
see you soon.
Old March 10th, 2007, 09:46 PM
Arbiter of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok
see you soon.
Haha, yeah we all enjoy that.
We will invite you out one day when we play just for fun.
Its always good to have another.

Old March 10th, 2007, 11:07 PM

Giark has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherubim1979
Is it setup such a way that those who are building multiple maps will have their maps in one certain location to keep separate from other peoples pieces so that things don't have the chance to get confused or jumbled?

Also, I will be there for the 9pm build.

Steph wants to know if she will have help with the registration stuff, well more that she hopes there will be someone else that she can hang out with during the gaming, so that she is not bored!
Tyr's wife will be doin' the hang out thing as well. So that front is covered.

Check out my latest project at
www.fbnmultimedia.com
Old March 11th, 2007, 11:13 AM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
No packages yet, for those that had stuff ordered, sent to me, for me to bring to the tourney. Hopefuly it will all arive before I leave!

And like the army I used in Columbus I have an army that everyone is gona kick my keester with... but I want to try it anyway . I managed to kill krug, juton, and q9 with it, in various test games, however I was both players in the tests... I did lose a few test games as well. I hate playing myself, reason I go to the tourneys... and why I plan on holding my own. (poll thread comming soon) My 9 year old cuzin will be here in a few days, so I can test my armies on him , I will just let him take 1000 while I take 500...

Anyway my army should be very easy for yall to kill off... or maybe not
Old March 13th, 2007, 02:01 PM

TyrionXavier has disabled reputation
OK - there are a total of 2x 19" Monitors left for me to grab, one of which has been claimed. There's a bunch of 17"s left.

If you want em, speak now. They're chuckin em after Thursday.

Has been away for quite a while. But is back now.
Old March 13th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Arbiter of Peace

4 Days Until Scapefest '07!

Have all the kinks worked out of your armies, prepare for a day of fun and bring kids that know how to play, its free for them!
I want to get everyone into the proper mind set a few days ahead. Start thinking about the trophy, and winning and doing well & having fun. I guess I don't really have to tell you that! However, now I want you to think of not getting the trophy, of losing and still having fun. Be prepared for either, don't come here just to win because you will be disapointed, even if you win.

Things to remember!
- $5 entry fee for anyone 16+
- Your army, and army cards! I suggest marking the bottom of your figures with your initials.
- Enough dice to have 2 more than you need just in case glyph and some other wacky stuff.
- I know I already said dice, but D20s are always forgot!
- Turn markers!
- A small tray to roll dice in (optional, but will make it easier)
- Your winner dance AND your loser dance
- Any prizes you have made or got to donate to the prize table
- PRINT OFF THE MAP TO THE BUILDING! (Link to map in the first post of the tournament thread)

Sign in time
- 9:00-9:30 AM! Don't come at 9:30. Where we will let you still play and signup, just don't plan on coming at the last minute.
We need to do numerous things when we find out who has actually arrived. If you come late we will have to move things around.
- 10:00 AM first games start

Map builders
Show up at 9:00 PM Friday night at the building.

This is going to definately be in the top 1 or 2 best Heroscape tournaments ever in Ontario... okay so what if there has only ever been 1 before this, it will rock, we're going to have a good time, and a lot of work has gone into this by numerous people, so come and relax, enjoy, win some lose some, and make some friends.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events