Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old June 8th, 2007, 01:43 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
*Super* Speed Customs ... Discuss

The normal customs forum has a speed customs thread, so for the Marvel customs thread ... why not a Super Speed Customs thread?
Seems like it'd be easy enough to do, though we might want to wait for some better templates. Then again, I think AllSkulls has a nice yellow Iron Man one up that's certainly useable. All we'd really need to do would be post a Heroclix like figure and run a poll just like they do on the other one.
What do you guys think? Is there room for another speed custom contest, just in the superhero vein?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 8th, 2007, 07:38 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Oh, without a doubt. Just plan it so it doesn't run at the same time as regular Speed Customs, as to not crowd/overwhelm people.

But we should wait for more blanks. I think so, anyways.
Old June 8th, 2007, 11:20 AM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker
A Super Speed Custom? I don't think you could shorten the time to less than a day.

Old June 8th, 2007, 12:14 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
I actually thought about this too but more for the sake of compiling all the versions of one character together. I think Doc Savage is doing a good job of that.

These are all known characters with known abilities so there probably won't be a lot of differences with the cards. What we should focus on is helping each other with the stats and abilities. There is a lot of good stuff we all have and we should try to use what's already created rather than each of us having 1 of everything.

Maybe if we do sort of Barracks type thing where only one custom of each character can be inducted. Of course different character versions will be OK like Cosmic Spidey, 6-arm Spidey, Armored Spidey, etc. But we should not put in a character that is already an official card. The main criteria of making it in would be the customs' compatibilty with the official characters.
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:37 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
I actually thought about this too but more for the sake of compiling all the versions of one character together. I think Doc Savage is doing a good job of that.

These are all known characters with known abilities so there probably won't be a lot of differences with the cards. What we should focus on is helping each other with the stats and abilities. There is a lot of good stuff we all have and we should try to use what's already created rather than each of us having 1 of everything.

Maybe if we do sort of Barracks type thing where only one custom of each character can be inducted. Of course different character versions will be OK like Cosmic Spidey, 6-arm Spidey, Armored Spidey, etc. But we should not put in a character that is already an official card. The main criteria of making it in would be the customs' compatibilty with the official characters.
You know, I think that might be a better idea for customs contests here ... maybe the "Iconic Superhero" contest. Throw up a figure for Thor and everyone competes to see which one gets a place in the Marvel Barracks (or, as I think they should be named, the Halls of Justice!)
Of course, we could always still do a super speed custom contest once we run out of iconic heroes, with obscure guys no one really knows about, allowing a little more invention on our parts. But, yeah, I understand what you're saying - for instance when I saw GreyOwl's Superman and Batman and some other Supes and Bats cards up on eBay they weren't terribly different than what I had done - I mean, some different flavors and twists, of course, but most of the powers were pretty similar.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old June 8th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman
You know, I think that might be a better idea for customs contests here ... maybe the "Iconic Superhero" contest. Throw up a figure for Thor and everyone competes to see which one gets a place in the Marvel Barracks (or, as I think they should be named, the Halls of Justice!)
I'm thinking that there will be one of each character in the Halls of Justice "Iconic" or not. But each can be replaced by another "better" custom that comes along. This, I feel, will cause more of a collective effort on individual customs. It doesn't matter who created what, just as long as we get the best possible representation for each character. Of course that is subjective but a good panel of judges could work just fine. And in no way would this mean that all the other customs are trash. But it would be cool to have some supers to pull from that has been scrutinized and playtested.
Old June 8th, 2007, 01:22 PM

Well, if there's a panel of judges, let me throw my hat (cowl?) into the ring!
But I don't see why it couldn't just be done as a poll?

Old June 8th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Grindmaster

Quote:
Well, if there's a panel of judges, let me throw my hat (cowl?) into the ring!
But I don't see why it couldn't just be done as a poll?
A poll could work too. We should have it set up like the barracks in that the voting is delayed to give the creators time to get feedback and make any changes needed. I can see some of the customs even being combined. I would not mind at all if a special I come up with is used for someone elses card.

We would need some sort of system in place for replacing cards when a better one comes up. Maybe just a new poll with the Halls of Justice/Danger Room card going head to head with the challenger? By the way, should there be a separate thread for DC and Marvel?
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Since most super customs seem to be translations of existing characters, not original superheroes, I would really rather see a directory than a hall of fame. It would be great to be able to scroll down to "Green Lantern" and see everyone's efforts to get him right. Seeing the one Green Lantern that got "crowned" after a long discussion... I don't know how much value there really is in that. Let's save the super-HOV for our own original concepts. Maybe an original supers section? We could hold contests for best original speed guy, best original healer, etc.
Old July 5th, 2007, 10:52 PM

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9022

haha, sorry, just never had a reason to use that emoticon before. :P

Old July 6th, 2007, 12:20 AM
Caretaker of the Custom Realm

GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun GreyOwl is a penguin with a machine gun
Quote:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ead.php?t=9022

haha, sorry, just never had a reason to use that emoticon before. :P
Except I don't think that index is being kept up-to-date. I know IAmBatman has a TON of DC customs that aren't listed in the main index. It would be cool if they were, though...
Old July 6th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Yes, I know it exists, but I keep running into new customs that aren't on it. Basically, I'd like you guys to do even more of the work for me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations