Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old August 6th, 2022, 12:21 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

The Pulse thing has been speculated but not confirmed, unless I missed the confirmation.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old August 6th, 2022, 12:28 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

The Haslab products don't ship for at least a year after funding ends, lately they've been saying closer to 18 months. It sounds to me like the new HeroScape is already in production, so its probably not a Haslab project. Pulse is just Hasbro's retail website.
Old August 6th, 2022, 12:33 AM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Chris Perkins from this site up in MA sold me a bunch of sleeves that fit when I got cards for all the VC characters last year. He had a lot of them.
@KRUG!

Yes, I still have a lot of them. They're almost identical to the ones HouseMouseGames sold way back when.

For reference, I buy them from Uline, you can see them here.

The only downside is Uline only sells them in quantities of 500, which is why I've re-sold to 'Scapers over the last few years in smaller quantities.
Old August 6th, 2022, 12:36 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The Pulse thing has been speculated but not confirmed, unless I missed the confirmation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
The Haslab products don't ship for at least a year after funding ends, lately they've been saying closer to 18 months. It sounds to me like the new HeroScape is already in production, so its probably not a Haslab project. Pulse is just Hasbro's retail website.
Okay, noted. I appreciate the clarifications.

Something else to look at regarding the cost of "HeroQuest": the base set costs $135, but the smaller expansion sets the include 18 plastic figures and 2 plastic doors cost about $35. The larger expansion set that has 21 miniatures, 2 doors, and 8 dice costs $45. Some of the miniatures in these sets are repeat molds. But that is still a fairly low price point considering what is included when compared to other games. These sets also have paper bits, as well.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old August 6th, 2022, 12:44 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
They talked about a few of the units. It's implied that there will be squads.

There is a Shark character with a harpoon weapon that is hammerhead inspired. It is part of a "bunch" of monster hunters with oversize weapons to "slay dragons."

The 4 armed character has a gas mask and four blades. It is fast, agile, and able to "run straight into combat to slice and dice"

I think they called the dragon "Dryon Lifeborn Order Dragon."
EDIT: Disclaimer: I made this up!! This is not official!!!

"Kyrie and Valkyrie (conspicuously absent in the GenCon display) have gone extinct during centuries of warfare on Valhalla, leaving the dragons as the dominant species on the planet. But the Dragon Wars have proved to be more destructive than the wars once fought by Jandar, Utgar and their allies. The Dragon Kings and Dragon Queens devoured kingdoms and consumed entire armies of lesser beings. As the world became more and more bleak (even seemingly losing most of it's color), only those capable of blocking special attacks were able to withstand the onslaught of acid, fire, lightning, acid and counterstrike. Take control of one of these resilient Monster Hunters and try to survive in this Age of Annihilation."

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!

Last edited by Tai-Pan; August 6th, 2022 at 01:20 AM.
Old August 6th, 2022, 01:13 AM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually kinda like that direction of Dragons taking over the wellsprings, although I was hoping we'd get some official Kyrie for Vydar and Aquilla.
Old August 6th, 2022, 01:14 AM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
"Kyrie and Valkyrie (conspicuously absent in the GenCon display) have gone extinct during centuries of warfare on Valhalla, leaving the dragons as the dominant species on the planet. But the Dragon Wars have proved to be more destructive than the wars once fought by Jandar, Utgar and their allies. The Dragon Kings and Dragon Queens devoured kingdoms and consumed entire armies of lesser beings. As the world became more and more bleak (even seemingly losing most of it's color), only those capable of blocking special attacks were able to withstand the onslaught of acid, fire, lightning, acid and counterstrike. Take control of one of these resilient Monster Hunters and try to survive in this Age of Annihilation."
Huh? Where does this come from? Is this lore from fan fiction, that's being incorporated into the game officially?
Old August 6th, 2022, 01:21 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Sorry, guys! Nothing official, just my spin on news!!

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old August 6th, 2022, 01:44 AM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

For the time being i'll trust that Craig and crew are taking this in a good direction, the quality of the sculpts themselves look good and if the set includes painted terrain then I'm okay with that given the inevitable production concerns. I'm willing to paint my figures, even though I'd prefer not to have to do so.

With that being said, we would need some form of compensation to account for the lack of paint job, such as an interesting 3 dimensional set piece to go along with the terrain. Something like the ruins from ROTV or the Marvel set. Seeing just how prominent the ruin use has been in almost all map building, their inclusion in ROTV has had a massive impact on the game for just a couple setpieces. Even the rocks in Battle for the Underdark were a very nice addition. The setpieces wouldn't need to have a fancy paint job either, just a wash like the ROTV ruins at most. Something along those lines would go a long way in making this a satisfactory masterset.
I really don't think it would be good to ship the unpainted figures with only flat terrain tiles

If we can get something that adds an interesting twist to map building, I'll be happy with the set
Old August 6th, 2022, 01:45 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
Sorry, guys! Nothing official, just my spin on news!!
Yeah, let's not mix up real news and fake in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 6th, 2022, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi View Post
With that being said, we would need some form of compensation to account for the lack of paint job, such as an interesting 3 dimensional set piece to go along with the terrain. ...
If we can get something that adds an interesting twist to map building, I'll be happy with the set
I was kind of surprised at the display at GenCon. For us, the awe and wonder comes from seeing live, new HeroScape, but really, any one of us could have put together a more impressive display with what we have at home. Maybe they aren't that far along in planning, but it could have been a great teaser, even if it were merely a reprint of old terrain packs to maybe show us what the next couple of years may bring.

I just watched the clip and I would almost bet that the format is similar to the Pathfinder Deep Cuts and Nolzurs unpainted miniatures. I think WizKids alone has Pathfinder, DnD, Critical Role and Magic unpainted miniatures and those lines really seem to be doing well (the oldest of them has like 16 waves and Magic and Critical Role are newer, so I assume they jumped on a moving bandwagon that will do okay). I really like those lines for customs, because there are two mostly matching figures per pack for around 5-7 dollars. A lot of humanoids come in male and female packs that make good 4 man squads. Larger figures are packaged alone for 5 dollars for kind of a HeroScape large and go up to 10-15 for HeroScape huge. The Dragon in the display looks like some of the super huge figures that run up towards 50 dollars (I really hope against hope that HeroScape won't cost that much, because I would not pay that much for a single unit).

So I predict there will be a starter master set and then more single-unit packs similar in format to those other lines for about 10-15 dollars per 3-4 small or medium figures. Terrain packs sold separately. It's possible our beloved, oversized 7-hex cards won't make it into the new Scape due to them being broader than the typical packages. Hope I am wrong on that point though. The rest seems like it would work though, and that excited me!

Jugger

Last edited by Tai-Pan; August 6th, 2022 at 02:20 AM.
Old August 6th, 2022, 02:11 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Hasbro is bizarre with their product reveals. Last year they failed to get enough backers for their Haslab Star Wars Black Series Rancor Monster. Part of the draw was supposed to be the paint job, but for the first half of the campaign they only showed greyscale renders.

Then they roll out the new HeroScape, which won't be painted, and cause controversy and confusion by debuting it with painted figures. SMH.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion