Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old November 1st, 2018, 06:49 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Ronin's Public Workshopping Thread

I don't see the jumps through time as something that require representation on the card. It's important to the character, but not something he does super often. It would feel weird to me if it was coming up one or more times during every match - joining the speed force is a macro-arc sort of goal for him. Heroscape games are micro-arcs.

That said, I can't see that version of the power ever triggering, at all. Why would you ever move him 14 spaces if he had that? It's basically just a wordy way of reducing the move bonus for Superspeed from +4 to +3.
Old November 1st, 2018, 08:02 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Why would you move him 14 spaces? For the Aura. If he needs to keep up with Barry and Wally (who I believe can each move 16) he'd have to occasionally push his move to 14.
But you have a good point on the history jumps. Truthfully, he'd never reappear at the battle if he really did this. Maybe that would be a way to go, a self-autodestroy power. Have it trigger only on a 20.
My point was more that he doesn't really do acrobatics normally. Now, as I recall, he did have a few tricks to teach the other Speedsters, so maybe there is something there.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez and Stan Lee
Old November 1st, 2018, 08:37 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
My point was more that he doesn't really do acrobatics normally. Now, as I recall, he did have a few tricks to teach the other Speedsters, so maybe there is something there.
That's kinda what I was getting at with Zen Master of Speed.

Maybe we could just go all in on that?

It kinda seems like there isn't a strong consensus on any third thing to put on his card, so maybe what we should be taking away from that is that we shouldn't be trying to put anything there. Superspeed and Zen Master of Speed together (without any third power) still pretty well capture the character, I think.
Old November 2nd, 2018, 10:45 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:

The figure used for this unit is a ??? figure from the ??? set.
Its model number and name are #??? / ???.

NAME = FORGETMENOT
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = MUTANT
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = LONER
PERSONALITY = UNFORTUNATE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 3

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 1
DEFENSE = 2

POINTS = ???

IMPERCEPTIBILITY
ForgetMeNot is never attacked when leaving engagements. ForgetMeNot cannot be targeted for attacks or chosen for special powers by an enemy figure unless that figure is engaged with ForgetMeNot, and is not engaged with any other figures.

FROM OUT OF NOWHERE
If ForgetMeNot is unengaged at the start of his turn, enemy figures cannot roll defense dice against his normal attack.

Bio - The most-overlooked X-Man, it's ForgetMeNot's dubious 'power' to always be forgotten. He is incredibly difficult to even notice, and as soon as you allow your attention to slip, you completely forget that he exists at all. He does get to ride mass transit for free, but has difficulty maintaining relationships, and is never recognized for his contributions to the mutant cause. Professor X was able to 'remember' ForgetMeNot and bring him into the X-Men by setting himself a recurring psychic reminder of his existence.
Notes - Kind of a weird/fun X-Men character that was in a couple books a few years ago. No mini.
Old November 2nd, 2018, 10:56 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Maybe there was a mini and they just forgot to release him. Or maybe they did release him and we all just forgot.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old November 2nd, 2018, 11:08 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Maybe there was a mini and they just forgot to release him. Or maybe they did release him and we all just forgot.
Forgot to release who?
Old November 2nd, 2018, 11:14 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I had something similar for the Silence/Silents, a Doctor Who monster that you forget as soon as you can't see them. I like adding no LEAs, that makes sense.
Quote:
MEMORY-PROOF
This Silent cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight. Figures engaged with this Silent can only attack this Silent if they are only engaged with figures that have the Memory-Proof Special Power.
The reason I bring the Silents up is to say that maybe it makes sense to change "unless that figure is engaged with ForgetMeNot, and is not engaged with any other figures." to "unless that figure is engaged with ForgetMeNot, and is not engaged with any other figures that do not have the Imperceptibility Special Power." It's a minor change, but it would allow future characters with a similar gimmick to use the same power and exist without the weird loophole of them both being engaged with someone and neither of them being attackable.
Old November 2nd, 2018, 11:20 PM
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
I had something similar for the Silence/Silents, a Doctor Who monster that you forget as soon as you can't see them. I like adding no LEAs, that makes sense.
Quote:
MEMORY-PROOF
This Silent cannot be targeted by opponents' non-adjacent figures for any attacks or for any opponents' special powers that require clear sight. Figures engaged with this Silent can only attack this Silent if they are only engaged with figures that have the Memory-Proof Special Power.
The reason I bring the Silents up is to say that maybe it makes sense to change "unless that figure is engaged with ForgetMeNot, and is not engaged with any other figures." to "unless that figure is engaged with ForgetMeNot, and is not engaged with any other figures that do not have the Imperceptibility Special Power." It's a minor change, but it would allow future characters with a similar gimmick to use the same power and exist without the weird loophole of them both being engaged with someone and neither of them being attackable.
Excellent point.
Old November 2nd, 2018, 11:23 PM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

I remember MrNobody was throwing Slenderman's name around in the Public Design thread too- seems like a power that could easily apply to the Operator version from Marble Hornets

Just a thought

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 2nd, 2018, 11:37 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXAN2507 View Post
I remember MrNobody was throwing Slenderman's name around in the Public Design thread too- seems like a power that could easily apply to the Operator version from Marble Hornets

Just a thought

Funnily enough, the Silence are tall slendy boys too. I've been thinking about the Operator, and while I think you're right, my basic outline is focusing more on teleporting around, making everybody nearby horribly sick, and slowly driving them insane. I'll see if I can write up something more complete and stick it in the Public Design Workshop.
Old November 3rd, 2018, 06:22 AM
Doesn't Drink the Kool-Aid (Eats the Catsup)

ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby! ALEXAN2507 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Quote:

Just a thought

Funnily enough, the Silence are tall slendy boys too. I've been thinking about the Operator, and while I think you're right, my basic outline is focusing more on teleporting around, making everybody nearby horribly sick, and slowly driving them insane. I'll see if I can write up something more complete and stick it in the Public Design Workshop.

I'm not entirely convinced that Moffat didn't base the Silence directly on Slendy- I thought that the moment I saw them and I still think he nabbed the idea from there now

I mean, slender, suited figures that make you forget you saw them?
Feels too similar to be co-incidental

What's up with claymation?

Personal workshop: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...3&postcount=76
Old November 3rd, 2018, 11:07 AM
Just A Head

Quote:
I'm not entirely convinced that Moffat didn't base the Silence directly on Slendy- I thought that the moment I saw them and I still think he nabbed the idea from there now

I mean, slender, suited figures that make you forget you saw them?
Feels too similar to be co-incidental
At the risk of totally derailing Ronin’s thread, I’ve always suspected the same. Slender Man was created in 2009 and the Silence first appeared in 2011. I know Moffat has also said he took inspiration from Edvard Munch’s The Scream and the Men In Black when designing them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy